What's new

Stray dogs rounded up, culled in Karachi.

Very cruel. I am sure there are more humane ways to put dogs to sleep. Also beware of the dog meat products. At least for coming few weeks.

Some of Karachi's butchers have been selling dog meat for quite some time.

So is Zardari also killed and dumped along with these dogs?

@haviZsultan @DESERT FIGHTER @rockstar08

You three clowns think you're some type of special geniuses with that "Koreans eat dog" joke?

And here I was (before I read this thread) thinking that my country could actually count on Pakistan as a true friend despite the both of us having different religions. Is my country making a mistake by having friendly relations with Pakistan?

Pakistan–South Korea relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistanis in South Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a joke my frnd... we even joke among ourselves which might sound offensive to others... no need to take offence... i have met many nice Koreans.. an uncle of mine is a prof/clinical med is a famous Seoul med school...

@DESERT FIGHTER @WAJsal and other interested PDF Pakistanis

Those "jokes" aren't funny at all. What you Pakistanis think is okay to joke about is definitely not okay with South Koreans. I don't know what Pakistanis generally think of dogs but the various dog species native to the Korean peninsula are highly valued by my people for their intelligence and ironlike companionship. Most South Koreans are very disgusted by the fact that some of our brethren insist on eating dog meat even though it is heavily discouraged. We recently started trying to get rid of that practice for the past five years but with varying levels of success. When South Koreans that personally don't know Pakistanis sees a hostile post like that especially about Korean culture, he or she would immediately think that having relations with Pakistan is a bad thing. Myself and other fellow Koreans that know Pakistanis on personal, intimate levels have a difficult job already convincing the rest of my people that Pakistanis are trustworthy, natural allies. "Koreans eat dog" jokes don't help the overall situation between our two countries.

Personally, I consider Pakistanis more than just friends. This one particular Pakistani brother that went to junior college with me was the one that picked me up from the airport when I came back to the U.S. in last August. Nobody else bothered to answer their phones or had very convenient excuses on why they couldn't come when I called them. Nowadays, when the two of us need to get stuff done like schoolwork or family errands we help each other out. Sorry for this long-winded post, I will just end it here. I respect your uncle's wish to live and work in my country. May I ask how long he's been working in Seoul?

Those "jokes" aren't funny at all. What you Pakistanis think is okay to joke about is definitely not okay with South Koreans. I don't know what Pakistanis generally think of dogs but the various dog species native to the Korean peninsula are highly valued by my people for their intelligence and ironlike companionship. Most South Koreans are very disgusted by the fact that some of our brethren insist on eating dog meat even though it is heavily discouraged. We recently started trying to get rid of that practice for the past five years but with varying levels of success. When South Koreans that personally don't know Pakistanis sees a hostile post like that especially about Korean culture, he or she would immediately think that having relations with Pakistan is a bad thing. Myself and other fellow Koreans that know Pakistanis on personal, intimate levels have a difficult job already convincing the rest of my people that Pakistanis are trustworthy, natural allies. "Koreans eat dog" jokes don't help the overall situation between our two countries.

Personally, I consider Pakistanis more than just friends. This one particular Pakistani brother that went to junior college with me was the one that picked me up from the airport when I came back to the U.S. in last August. Nobody else bothered to answer their phones or had very convenient excuses on why they couldn't come when I called them. Nowadays, when the two of us need to get stuff done like schoolwork or family errands we help each other out. Sorry for this long-winded post, I will just end it here. I respect your uncle's wish to live and work in my country. May I ask how long he's been working in Seoul?
May i ask how you jumped to conclusion that i was cracking jokes about dogs and Koreans?I have a huge respect for Koreans,as one of my friend is Korean,he used to study with me,a good hospitable fellow.Anyway i am sorry if i have offended you in any way as it was unintentional and by mistake . Koreans are highly respected in Pakistan as at times they are mistaken to be Chinese nonetheless our attitude remains the same .Have a nice day.

May i ask how you jumped to conclusion that i was cracking jokes about dogs and Koreans?I have a huge respect for Koreans,as one of my friend is Korean,he used to study with me,a good hospitable fellow.Anyway i am sorry if i have offended you in any way as it was unintentional and by mistake . Koreans are highly respected in Pakistan as at times they are mistaken to be Chinese nonetheless our attitude remains the same .Have a nice day.

I fully appreciate the respect that you have for my people and culture. It goes without saying that Koreans feel the same way about Pakistanis when we can spend more time together. I feel like that previous post of mine I just did was specifically targeting you. That wasn't my intention. What I forgot to include in my post also was that if you didn't say it, I thank you for the respect you shown to me and my people. For others that think about making similar "jokes" in the future, hopefully, they are smart enough to understand that such "jokes" are actually insults and if they really cared about relations between South Korea and their country, they shouldn't say it unless they want negative reputations between our two culture-rich and Heaven-fearing countries. What I said goes double for anybody that wants their country to have better relations with South Korea. Regards from a Far East Pakistani food fan. :pakistan::D

@sEoulman556
nvm,,,,I have had dog meat,,tastes good.
Screw off, mate. I don't talk to Indians with 17 negative ratings. :crazy:

I fully appreciate the respect that you have for my people and culture. It goes without saying that Koreans feel the same way about Pakistanis when we can spend more time together. I feel like that previous post of mine I just did was specifically targeting you. That wasn't my intention. What I forgot to include in my post also was that if you didn't say it, I thank you for the respect you shown to me and my people. For others that think about making similar "jokes" in the future, hopefully, they are smart enough to understand that such "jokes" are actually insults and if they really cared about relations between South Korea and their country, they shouldn't say it unless they want negative reputations between our two culture-rich and Heaven-fearing countries. What I said goes double for anybody that wants their country to have better relations with South Korea. Regards from a Far East Pakistani food fan. :pakistan::D

Screw off, mate. I don't talk to Indians with 17 negative ratings. :crazy:
thats rude n judgemental,,but nvm

Last edited:

I wasn't even joking... I was referring to an article that came years ago that Pakistan was selling its stray dogs to Korea. There was a request to Musharraf to save the dogs at that time. I have no problem with Koreans eating or not eating dogs.

I just believe that the solution should benefit all. Some Koreans eat dogs and Pakistanis don't want them on the street as up to 40 dogbite cases appear daily in our city of Karachi. So it was a win win situation for both. I have had cats so I have come to love them... not dogs though.

Anyway I apologize if I hurt your feelings or something mate. South Korea gained freedom and developed into a major economy of the world in the same time as Pakistan gained freedom and has struggled since. Your development is a model to the world. We should use it to develop Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom