What's new

Strategic media cell spreads its wings

LOL, you pointing to me? My money was ALL Made in America and it grows at a great rate here too. I am self funded.

If IK starts working for Pakistan and her stability, and quits lying and violent, silly politics, a BMW 7 series can be sent to him as a gift, as long as he signs a legal contract to follow through on agreed commitments. All through legal money, Made and Earned in the good old USA :usflag:

Instead of indirectly supporting each and every move of PML-N. You should put your negative analyzing capabilities aside for a moment and explain to me what purpose does this cell achieved. Did it projected Paksitan point of view to outer world? Did it counter the negative propaganda in western world and Wrote long articles in western and eastern newspapers detailing how India is hosting Bloch leadership

Or did the so called cell counter the afghan propaganda by propagating again and again how they hosting TTP leadership?

Did the so called cel ever highlited inside and outside Pakistan how Mossad was using Pakistan land to launch attack against Iran to sour the relations b/w Pakistan and IRAN

No It didnt. The sole purpose of this cell is to sophisticate the process of Buying out journalists through electronic lifafs now and to propagate Pervaiz rasheed point of view more ferociously.

So instead of harping on IK doing this and doing that, If you introspect a little about PML-N spending habbits and spree. I would be glad to read your verbosity on it as well.

Somebody please ask all the BuTTs to spell it as Bhut or buttt .
It was actually called Bahatayachariya which got shortened to Bhatt but when they migrated to Punjab the Punjabis started calling them Butts instead of Bhats

It was actually called Bahatayachariya which got shortened to Bhatt but when they migrated to Punjab the Punjabis started calling them Butts instead of Bhats
Thanks bro . Before i just knew they were Kashmiris .
Actually i had one class fellow. Many times she was teased by others due to Butt . :/

So in effect, Nawaz Sharif ki beti information ministry chala rahi hai...terrific!

Especially since you consider that N-league holds party conferences under the banner of PID as well.

Strategic media cell spreads its wings
KHAWAR GHUMMAN — PUBLISHED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
WHATSAPP
5 COMMENTS
PRINT
5636a8c679355.jpg
The 15-member cell, headed by Maryam Nawaz, is being expanded to cope with an increased workload.—AP/File
ISLAMABAD: Within a year of its inception, the federal government has decided to expand the operations of the little-known Strategic Media Communication Cell (SMCC), operating out of the Prime Minister’s Office.

Set up with the special approval of the PM as part of the information ministry late last year, the SMCC has since evolved into a powerful unit, working under the watchful eye of Maryam Nawaz Sharif, PML-N sources told Dawn.

Initially, the SMCC was provided with a staff of 15 people and a budgetary allocation of Rs20 million for the current financial year.

But only recently, the information ministry sought the PM’s approval to increase the number of SMCC employees to 38. With this increase in staff, the cell requires another Rs2 million to meet operating costs.

“Since the cell’s inception, it has been the lead government vehicle that intervenes in [the] social and conventional media to project government’s point of view in a subtle and effective manner. With the expansion of its mandated function, SMCC’s present human resources have now become insufficient to carry on the workload in efficient and productive manner, therefore, needed to expand substantially in the best national interest,” said an official note circulated among government departments, such as establishment and finance divisions.

Headed by Maryam Nawaz Sharif, the 15-member cell is being expanded to cope with an increased workload
The SMCC was ostensibly created last year to tap the electronic as well as social media, “as it had turned into the most dynamic form of interactive media in modern times and a powerful means to access information.” The minds behind this cell also argued, “Since the role of social media in affecting public opinion has increased, it is [of great] importance for all sectors, including government.”

Every now and then, the government runs media campaigns aimed at polio eradication, energy conservation, school enrolment, environmental issues, viral diseases, anti-terrorism and matters relating to IDPs. “The SMCC will make such campaigns more efficient in terms of their cost effectiveness,” the working paper says.

The document highlights the fact that “bulk media-buying in different channels is a way to reach more [people] at diminished costs. This course is being adopted in the private sector when organisations buy air-time in advance through advertising agencies [to occupy] space for their campaigns at lower rates. The government can also benefit from this and save public money.”

This cell is mandated with preparing the annual media campaigns for social welfare projects, in consultation with various government and public sector organisations and will arrange bulk media buying on behalf of the government, according to the original SMCC summary approved by the PM.

But Information Minister Pervaiz Rasheed has a different view altogether. For him, the SMCC, which he said was still in its formative stages, would act as a bridge “between the academia and governmental policy making”.

“Unfortunately, successive governments have failed to benefit from the research and development for actual policy making in government departments being carried out at the university level,” he said, adding that the SMCC would eventually evolve into a think-tank, helping the government in different areas.

But, in off-the-record discussions, several government officials privy to the SMCC’s operations told Dawn the cell had actually taken over functions from the information ministry. As explained in its original summary, the SMCC was given the mandate to create favourable public opinion for the government by preparing special media campaigns.

“Nowadays, we have a standard operating procedure; whatever is decided at the SMCC level -- be it the release of advertisements, buying media airtime, or holding press conferences on certain issues -- we have no option but to implement the decision,” said a government official.

Perhaps by coincidence, the SMCC came into being last year after Ms Maryam Nawaz Sharif was told to resign as chairperson of the PM’s youth loan programme by the Lahore High Court.

An insider told Dawn that the cell’s entire staff had been recruited on her recommendation, even though some of its key members held academic qualifications irrelevant to communications.
Strategic media cell spreads its wings - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

We need something like this.This is one area where we can learn from Pakistan

One day some one asked her can you tell us from where BuTTs migrated
Her bad luck . She said " Pechay say hum Kashmiri hai " :D

:rofl::rofl: Too good.

BTW Bhattacharyas are Bengali Brahmins, not Kashmiris. So Butt ( Bhatt) is probably not a short form of Bhattacharya.

وزیر اعظم ہاؤس میں مریم نواز کی سربراہی میں چلنے والی 38 ممبران کی میڈیا ٹیم

جہاں عمران خان کی کردار کشی کا سارا مواد تیار کیا جاتا ہے ،اور اپنے لفافہ شدہ اینکرز اور چینلز کو بھیجا جاتا ہے

اسی میڈیا ٹیم کا ایک ونگ ہے سوشل میڈیا ٹیم .. جو کہ فیس بک پر عمران خان کو گالیاں دینے والے پیجز چلاتی ہے اور عمران خان کو ننگی گالیاں مریم نواز کی سربراہی میں دی جاتی ہیں .. اس ٹیم کا کاغذات میں سالانہ بجٹ چار کروڑ روپے ہے ..یعنی کہ ان 38 لوگوں کو سالانہ چار کروڑ روپیہ صرف کاغذات کے مطابق ادا کیا جاتا ہے ،جو کاغذات میں نہیں ہے اسکا کوئی حساب نہیں

Free/Azad Media

Following is a picture of the owner of Dunya News and Dunya news paper Mian Amir Mehmood doing campaign for PMLN candidate in LB Election Lahore

CS0xXKzUYAAaRkL.jpg

CS6EqykW4AEu6d3.jpg

Last edited:

جہاں عمران خان کی کردار کشی کا سارا مواد تیار کیا جاتا ہے ،اور اپنے لفافہ شدہ اینکرز اور چینلز کو بھیجا جاتا ہے

اسی میڈیا ٹیم کا ایک ونگ ہے سوشل میڈیا ٹیم .. جو کہ فیس بک پر عمران خان کو گالیاں دینے والے پیجز چلاتی ہے اور عمران خان کو ننگی گالیاں مریم نواز کی سربراہی میں دی جاتی ہیں .. اس ٹیم کا کاغذات میں سالانہ بجٹ چار کروڑ روپے ہے ..یعنی کہ ان 38 لوگوں کو سالانہ چار کروڑ روپیہ صرف کاغذات کے مطابق ادا کیا جاتا ہے ،جو کاغذات میں نہیں ہے اسکا کوئی حساب نہیں

Free/Azad Media

Following is a picture of the owner of Dunya News and Dunya news paper Mian Amir Mehmood doing campaign for PMLN candidate in LB Election Lahore

CS0xXKzUYAAaRkL.jpg

CS6EqykW4AEu6d3.jpg

Great post bro! Let's see what excuses and stories that patwari @Viper0011. comes up with on this..

Great post bro! Let's see what excuses and stories that patwari @Viper0011. comes up with on this..

Correct your language and learn to give respect to others, just humans. If I went black on you, you'd feel ashamed of yourself. Enough said. Let's act civil please and not name call.

@Slav Defence @Horus @WebMaster @Oscar : guys, we come here to debate, not name calling. I'll write my version, the other side should write counter facts. If a healthy debate can't happen, you may want to put use some policy powers!! My courtesy would only go so far.....

Instead of indirectly supporting each and every move of PML-N. You should put your negative analyzing capabilities aside for a moment and explain to me what purpose does this cell achieved. Did it projected Paksitan point of view to outer world? Did it counter the negative propaganda in western world and Wrote long articles in western and eastern newspapers detailing how India is hosting Bloch leadership.

How about we make it simple, you write a comparison with open mind, list out IK's achievements and screw ups, and then do the same on NS. Let's debate on facts, vs. on "instincts" or "propaganda"?? That's pretty fair. Use multiple sources for such analysis, including the Bloomberg, Jane's Defense, etc, etc!!

Just to remind you one thousand and tenth time if you will, I am not an NS fan. If right now, IK was a PM, doing all that NS"s team is doing, I'd be supporting IK. The facts are the facts, you can't change progress being made with your and some's personal hatred. At this point, you people don't even have a vote bank. A ten percent minority who got kicked out by the REAL power owners of Pakistan, AKA, "The People, should follow the majority (which currently in Punjab, Sindh and Baluchistan is 90% NON IK).

So PLEASE, do me a favor and your country, DO WORK, and raise your vote bank from 10% to 51%, so you may win some election and perform as you want to. Till then, doing nothing, blaming and talking about others might sound like "great work" to folks on here, and to IK, BUT, it won't get you more votes. In fact, you might lose the 10% you have in the next elections if you don't start to WORK!!

We need something like this.This is one area where we can learn from Pakistan

Apparently you don't watch your own media!!!! Your ENTIRE media is censored by RAW and the likes of BJR /RSS, and acts like a strategic propaganda machine. One of the rare few examples in the entire globe, where the entire media, whether state owned or private owned, runs on guidelines issues by names above. I don't like "misinformation" and lying, but from India's standpoint, good for you. You guys are nationalistic and keep your issues behind closed doors.

In fact the Pakistanis should learn from you, specially people on these threads, they make up stuff, accuse their system when they don't have have a 11% vote bank. In turn, they make their country look like a shiit hole. Sad!!

Back
Top Bottom