What's new

Strange death of Sufism!

I would like to apologize to anyone if I have done any mockery as my religion teaches me not to. But you sometimes come across such comments, it becomes hard to resist.
Dont want to hurt anyones feelings, all in good fun!

Oh so you read on the internet... WoW.. And you believe in everything find on the internet. Who was it published by? Depart of science of flat earth belivers?

You know what happend to me the other day? I received an email from a nigerian accountant saying i can claim 50 million dollar of his clients inheritance.:D
I wish I was like you and could believe like you that the money is actually there for me.

Let me tell you more fun stuff, There has been some recent development in gender Science, some extreme Liberal biologist started claiming that the two male and female gender is not the only genders there is there are 100s of genders, one gender is where you think you are a tree, in one you may think you are a man today and tomorrow you can think you are a women. Maybe you are stuck in one of those spectrums. You should contact them, they have their office where the rainbow touches the earth, you can just follow the direction, easy!

You are funny but you are simply socially reluctant to believe in something not popular now. Big Bang The Beginning is popular so you believe in it.

Let's say I am the evolution of a Muslim. :) And you can continue to believe that what I call the all-present all-powerful Nature you call that entity as Allah.
I think you are the missing link evolutionist are looking for, you should immidiately call Richard Dawkins.

Just before you call him, just answe one question,. What element in nature do you warship? would live to know what our sub human ancestors belived in!

Next pick from me, Ibnu Qayim, A Sufi from Salafy group. Most Salafist now are banning Sufism since some Sufism teaching contradicts Quran and Hadist, but the things that many Young Salafist dont know is that one of Salafi Master is actually A Sufi Master himself.

Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr (also known as Ibn al-Qayyim ("The son of the principal") or Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah ("Son of the principal of the (school of) Jawziyyah")) (1292–1350 CE / 691 AH–751 AH) was an Arab Sunni Islamic jurist, commentator on the Qur'an and theologian. Although he is sometimes referred to as "the scholar of the heart",[citation needed] given his extensive works pertaining to human behavior and ethics, Ibn al-Qayyim's scholarship was focused on the sciences of Hadith and Fiqh.

Biography
Birth and education

Ibn Qayyim was born on Monday 7th of Safar 691 AH (circa January 28, 1292 AD) in the village of Izra' in Hauran, near Damascus, Syria. There is little known of his childhood except that he received a comprehensive Islamic education from his father, centered around Islamic jurisprudence, Islamic theology, and `Ulum al-Hadith (lit. the science of Hadith) From an early age, he was interested in the field of Islamic sciences, learning from the scholars of his time .[citation needed] He studied under his father who was a principal at of the Madrasah al-Jawziyyah (lit. the Jawziyyah school) one of the few centres devoted to Hanbali school of thought in Damascus, and thereafter pursued his quest for knowledge, studying the works and teachings of scholars known in his time.

The Islamic scholar Ibn Kathir described Ibn al-Qayyim's desire for knowledge in his famous work Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah:

He acquired from such books what others could not acquire, and he developed a deep understanding of the books of the Salaf (pious predecessors) and of the khalaf (those who came after the Salaf).[2]

Teachers
Ibn al-Qayyim's teachers included his father, Abu Bakr, Shihaab al-'Abir, Taqiyyud-Deen Sulaymaan, Safiyyud-Deen al-Hindee, Ismaa'eel Ibn Muhammad al-Harraanee. However, the most notable of his teachers was Ibn Taymiyyah, whom he accompanied and studied under for sixteen years.

In eulogizing Ibn al-Qayyim, Al-Hafidh Ibn Kathir stated:

He attained great proficiency in many branches of knowledge; particularly knowledge of tafsir, hadith, and usool. When Shaykh Taqiyyud-Deen Ibn Taymiyyah returned from Egypt in the year 712H (c. 1312), he stayed with the Shaykh until he died; learning a great deal of knowledge from him, along with the knowledge that he had already occupied himself in attaining. So he became a single Scholar in many branches of knowledge.[3]

Disciple of Ibn Taymiyyah
Ibn al-Qayyim ultimately joined the study circle of the Muslim scholar Ibn Taymiyyah, who kept him in his company as his closest student, disciple and his successor. Ibn Qayyim was fervent in his devotion to Islam, and he was a loyal student and disciple of Ibn Taymiyyah. He defended his religious opinions and approaches, and he compiled and edited most of his works, and taught the same.

Imprisonment
Ibn al-Qayyim was imprisoned along with his teacher Ibn Taymiyyah. According to the historian al-Maqrizi, two reasons led to his arrest: the first was a sermon Ibn al-Qayyim had delivered in Jerusalem in which he decried the visitation of holy graves, including the Prophet Muhammad’s grave in Medina, the second was his agreement with Ibn Taymiyyah’s view on the matter of divorce, which contradicted the view of the majority of scholars in Damascus.[4]

The campaign to have Ibn al-Qayyim imprisoned was led by Shafi'i and Maliki scholars, and was also joined by the Hanbali and Hanafi judges.[5]

Whilst in prison Ibn al-Qayyim busied himself with the Qur'an. According to Ibn Rajab, Ibn al-Qayyim made the most of his time of imprisonment: the immediate result of his delving into the Qur'an while in prison was a series of mystical experiences (described as dhawq, direct experience of the divine mysteries, and mawjud, ecstasy occasioned by direct encounter with the Divine Reality).[6]

Following the Death of Ibn Taymiyah
When Ibn Taymiyyah died, Ibn al-Qayyim was freed and subsequently furthered his studies, holding study circles and classes. He taught Islamic Jurisprudence at al-Sadriyya school in Damascus, before he held the position of the Imam of the Jawziyyah school. Most of his writings were compilations, although he authored several books and manuscripts with his own handwriting which are preserved in the central Library of Damascus.

Spiritual Life
Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah was an avid and a resolute worshipper. He devoted long hours to his supererogatory nightly prayers, and was in a constant state of remembrance (dhikr ذکر), as he was known for his extended prostrations. During Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah's imprisonment in al-Qal'a prison in Damascus, he was constantly reading the Qur'an, and studying its meanings. Ibn Rajab noted that during that period of seclusion, he gained extensive spiritual success, as well as he developed a great analytical wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of the prophetic traditions.

Upon his release, he performed the pilgrimage to Makkah several times, and sometimes he stayed in Makkah for a prolonged period of devotion and circumambulation of the holy Ka'ba.

Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya wrote a lengthy spiritual commentary on a treatise written by the Hanbali Sufi Khwaja Abdullah Ansari entitled Madarij al-Salikin.[7] He expressed his love and appreciation for Ansari in this commentary with his statement "Certainly I love the Sheikh, but I love the truth more!'.[8] Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya refers to Ansari with the honorific title "Sheikh al-Islam" in his work Al-Wabil al-Sayyib min al-Kalim al-Tayyab [9]

Death
Ibn al-Qayyim died at the age of 60 years 5 months & 5 days, on the 13th night of Rajab, 751 AH (September 15, 1350 AD), and was buried besides his father at Bab al-Saghīr Cemetery.

Views
Natural sciences

Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah was also an astronomer and chemist, and a critic of alchemy and astrology. In his Miftah Dar al-Sa'adah, he used empirical arguments in astronomy and chemistry in order to refute the practice of alchemy and astrology along with the theories associated with them, such as divination and the transmutation of metals.[10]

He recognized that the stars are much larger than the planets, and thus argued:[11]

"And if you astrologers answer that it is precisely because of this distance and smallness that their influences are negligible, then why is it that you claim a great influence for the smallest heavenly body, Mercury? Why is it that you have given an influence to al-Ra's and al-Dhanab, which are two imaginary points [ascending and descending nodes]?"

He also recognized the Milky Way galaxy as "a myriad of tiny stars packed together in the sphere of the fixed stars" and thus argued that "it is certainly impossible to have knowledge of their influences."[11]

Reception
Ibn Qayyim was respected by a number of scholars during and after his life. Ibn Kathir stated that,

He [Ibn al-Qayyim] was the most affectionate person. He was never envious of anyone, nor did he hurt anyone. He never disgraced anyone, nor did he hate anyone. [12]

He also stated that,

I do not know in this world in our time someone who is more dedicated to acts of devotion [13]

Ibn Rajab mentioned that,

Although, he was by no means infallible, no one could compete with him in the understanding of the texts. [12]

He also remarked that :

He was constant in worship and performing tahajjud (the night Prayer), reaching the limits in lengthening his Salah (Prayer) and devotion. He was constantly in a state of dhikr (remembrance of Allah) and had an intense love for Allah. He also had a deep love for turning to Allah in repentance, humbling himself to Him with a deep sense of humility and helplessness. He would throw himself at the doors of Divine obedience and servitude. Indeed, I have not seen the likes of him with regards to such matters.[14]

Despite being praised by a number of sunni scholars, he was also criticised by others.

The influential shafi'i chief judge of Damascus Taqi al-Din al-Subki condemned Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya, on the acceptability of the triple divorce[15] and on account of his view permitting the conduct of horse races without the participation of a third competitor.[16]

Subki also stated that,

The only thing this man [Ibn al-Qayyim] wants for the commoners is to establish that there is no Muslim but him and his partisans.[17]

He also wrote a treatise entitled "The Burnished sword in refuting Ibn al-Qayyim" regarding his position on the attributes of God.[18]

Ibn Hajar al-Haytami stated that,

Do not read what is in the books of Ibn al-Qayyim and others like him who have taken their own whim as their God, and who have been led astray by Allah. There hearts and ears have been sealed, and there eyes have been covered.[19]

Legacy
Works

Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah's contributions to the Islamic library are extensive, and they particularly deal with the Qur'anic commentaries, and understanding and analysis of the prophetic traditions (Fiqh-us Sunnah) (فقه ):

• Zad al-Ma'ad (Provision of the hereafter)
  • Al-Waabil Sayyib minal kalim tayyib – a commentary on hadith about Prophet Yahya ibn Zakariyya.
  • I'laam ul Muwaqqi'een 'an Rabb il 'Aalameen (Information for Those who Write on Behalf of the Lord of the Worlds)
  • Tahthib Sunan Abi Da'ud
  • Madaarij Saalikeen which is a rearrangement of the book by Shaikh Abu Ismail al-Ansari al-Harawi al-Sufi, Manazil-u Sa'ireen (Stations of the Seekers);
  • Tafsir Mu'awwadhatain (Tafsir of Surah Falaq and Nas);
  • Badāʾiʿ al-Fawāʾid (بدائع الفوائد): Amazing Points of Benefit
  • Ad-Dā'i wa Dawā also known as Al Jawābul kāfi liman sa'ala 'an Dawā'i Shaafi
  • Haadi Arwah ila biladil Afrah
  • Uddat as-Sabirin wa Dhakhiratu ash-Shakirin (عدة الصابرين وذخيرة الشاكرين)
  • Ighathatu lahfaan min masaa'id ash-shaytan (إغاثة اللهفان من مصائد الشيطان) : Aid for the Yearning One in Resisting the Shayṭān
  • Rawdhatul Muhibbīn
  • Ahkām ahl al-dhimma"
  • Tuhfatul Mawdud bi Ahkam al-Mawlud: A Gift to the Loved One Regarding the Rulings of the Newborn
  • Miftah Dar As-Sa'adah
  • Jala al-afham fi fadhl salati ala khayral anam
  • Al-Manar al-Munif
  • Al-Tibb al-Nabawi – a book on Prophetic medicine (available in English as "The Prophetic Medicine", printed by Dar al-Fikr in Beirut (Lebanon), or as "Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet (sal allahu `alayhi wa salim)", printed by Darussalam Publications.
  • Al-Furusiyya[20]
  • Shifa al-Alil (Healing of the Sick)
  • Mukhtasar al-Sawa'iq
  • Hadi al-Arwah ila Bilad al-Arfah (Spurring Souls on to the Realms of Joy)
Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are funny but you are simply socially reluctant to believe in something not popular now. Big Bang The Beginning is popular so you believe in it.
No i believe in Allah creating universe by just saying "be and it became". Big Bang just supports this.

The teacher of Ibnu Qayim is Ibnu Taimiyah. Wahhabism takes roots from Ibnu Taimiyah teaching which is way older than the birth of Wahhabi

-----------------------------------------

Just making visit to tomb, singing, or dzikir in masses is just ritual of contemporary Sufism.

Sufism is started from Junaid, lives not long after prophet Muhammad passed away and seen as one of the most prominent Sufi.

Ibnu Qayim words that tells exactly what Sufism is about

"The contemplative believer who remembers Allah will begin to enjoy solitude and places of seclusion where voices and movements are hushed… There he will find strength of heart and will, and he will no longer be worried or depressed… Then he will begin to taste the sweetness of worship, of which he cannot have enough. In it, he will find abundance of pleasure and comfort – more than what he used to find in diversion and play, or in the satisfaction of wordly desires…When he experiences this state, many of the wordly concerns will disappear, as he is in a completely different world from the rest of humanity."

(Ibnu Qayim)

Actually there is also a share in spirituality between Islam and Hinduism. This Hindu verses can explain Tasawuf (Sufism/Spiritual Islam) quite good as well:

"He that does everything for Me, whose supreme object I am, who worships Me, being free from attachment and without hatred to any creature, this man, Arjuna!, comes to Me." Bhagavad Gita 11:55

The principle of Tasawuf/Sufism is that we try to get close to ALLAH emotionally. In order to get there, there should be several means that we use as a vehicle. If you can get close to Him without seclusion, reading poems, or music, so nothing wrong with that.

Quran (Qs: 56 ; 88-96)

88. Then, if he be of the Muqarrabin, 89. Then Rawh, Rayhan and a Garden of Delights. 90. And if he be of those on the right, 91. Then Salam (peace) to you from those on the right. 92. But if he be of the denying, the erring, 93. Then for him is an entertainment with Hamim. 94. And entry in Hellfire. 95. Verily, this! This is an absolute truth with certainty. 96. So, glorify with praises the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.

Muqarrabin is some ones that are close to Him

No i believe in Allah creating universe by just saying "be and it became". Big Bang just supports this.

Actually there is a competing hypothesis which has been in the shadows for decades, but has gained strong traction among theoretical physicists the past decade. That is the cyclical universe model. See Roger Penrose, Stephen Weinberg, Neil Turok, et al.

Many leading physicists were unsatisfied with the Eternal Inflation model of the big bang, as it predictcs that the inflation only stopped in our pocket of the Universe while it continues in other parts of the larger Universe. Predicting unnumberable pockets of universe that are separated from eachother, and have vastly different physical laws and characteristics, depending on local quantum fluctuations.

In a eternal inflationary model, all possible universes exist simultaneously, and there are virtually endless copies of our universe, with exact same copy of you and me in it. All this simply because of the vastness of infinity in time and space.

The cyclical model however, proposes that the universe goes from big bang to big crunch over long timescales, in periodic cycles. It is proposed that Dark Energy, which accounts for most of the hidden energy in the Universe, and make Universe expand, at some point become unstable, which makes the Universe start the process toward a Big Crunch.

When Allah stated "Be and Become" There will be nature process on it, like big bang is actually part of the process.

Similar like men comes from baby, even the creation of mother Hawa from prophet Adam body can be explained nowadays with cloning knowledge, something seen impossible before the year 2010

When Allah stated "Be and Become" There will be nature process on it, like big bang is actually part of the process.

Similar like men comes from baby, even the creation of mother Hawa from prophet Adam body can be explained nowadays with cloning knowledge, something seen impossible before the year 2010
Is Sufism still dominant in Indonesia?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom