What's new

Stop romanticising Maoists, they are terrorists, says Jairam Ramesh

The PM is a politician so what he says is not gospel .

Has a Govt policy been issued since 2006 ? No.

Will the opposition allow a thing like this to happen . No.

Such reports are of no consequence.

If Narendra Modi as a PM said that "All Muslims would be Killed".

Would you carpet brush it as the mere words of a politician and ignore it?

All PMs say the poverty must be removed and / or all villages must get electricity.

Does it happen ?

Such statements are more a persons wish list and for the consumption of their supporters . I wouldn't read much into a remark from MMS or NM simply because if it goes against the grain of the land the backlash will so strong that it will be impossible to implement.

In any case a remark of 2006 is of no consequence. If you wish to take it a an undeniable fact - be my guest.

Forget about Killing & all...

If Modiji as PM has said that Hindus has First right on the Resources of the Country ... then there would have been a &hit storm in Politics ...

We could have some Bomb Blasts... & 1000 case filed against him... 100 independent probes ... news coverage for 6 months ... Rahul Gandi ehaving Lunch in Minority houses & what not :lol:

At the same time, stop treating them as ***** or some people who deserve to die. They are our own people, leaving communist ideology aside, we have a lot of reason to blame ourselves(why so many are in it).
If I did not get a proper education, and was in similar position. I might have done it as well.

Forget about Killing & all...

If Modiji as PM has said that Hindus has First right on the Resources of the Country ... then there would have been a &hit storm in Politics ...

We could have some Bomb Blasts... & 1000 case filed against him... 100 independent probes ... news coverage for 6 months ... Rahul Gandi ehaving Lunch in Minority houses & what not :lol:

What should we do? Run relief camps for them? Do we want to open baby-producing centres? Hum paanch, humaare pachhees [We five and our 25]. Gujarat has not been able to control its growing population and poor people have not been able to get money... . We have to teach a lesson to those who are increasing population at an alarming rate.

- Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's speech at the Gujarat Gaurav Yatra public meeting in Besraji village, Mehsana, September 9, 2002.
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=20041008005601900.htm&date=fl2120/&prd=fline&

At the same time, stop treating them as ***** or some people who deserve to die. They are our own people, leaving communist ideology aside, we have a lot of reason to blame ourselves(why so many are in it).
If I did not get a proper education, and was in similar position. I might have done it as well.

Even one's family member, who is imminent threat to his/her life, deserves death

All PMs say the poverty must be removed and / or all villages must get electricity.

Does it happen ?

Such statements are more a persons wish list and for the consumption of their supporters . I wouldn't read much into a remark from MMS or NM simply because if it goes against the grain of the land the backlash will so strong that it will be impossible to implement.

In any case a remark of 2006 is of no consequence. If you wish to take it a an undeniable fact - be my guest.

A Normal issue like Poverty is only heralded in election days.

2006 was No Election Year!

The PM is not speaking in his personal capacity. He is the most authoritative and powerful person in the country.

What you think is irrelevant because this statement signifies the Ideological intent of the ruling Government which has actually translated into material.

A Normal issue like Poverty is only heralded in election days.

2006 was No Election Year!

The PM is not speaking in his personal capacity. He is the most authoritative and powerful person in the country.

What you think is irrelevant because this statement signifies the Ideological intent of the ruling Government which has actually translated into material.

Good luck with your theories.

Good luck with your theories.

He has got a point mate and you just can't ignore the fact!!It has now become a policy to apease the minorities in the name of secularity and majority of Indians will accept this simple fact.Is it that hard for you to comprehend or you do not want to??

You dont need to be educated/well off to know that picking guns and killing is wrong.

They dont want to change there culture, habits. They wont adopt modern system. Think that entire jungle and resources in area belong to them. Without working with the system, expect that they would get opportunities by a miracle. Using force to impose their ideology on others..

Communist ideology is not wrong, we have communist parties in India. But they take part in democratic process. They cant be equated to these terrorists.

You dont need to be educated/well off to know that picking guns and killing is wrong.

They dont want to change there culture, habits. They wont adopt modern system. Think that entire jungle and resources in area belong to them. Without working with the system, expect that they would get opportunities by a miracle. Using force to impose their ideology on others..

Communist ideology is not wrong, we have communist parties in India. But they take part in democratic process. They cant be equated to these terrorists.

I think Indian armed forces and police are educated. And they also use arms?
One has to be in a particular condition to pick arms for resistance, and lack of education/opportunity makes it easier. A sense of helpnessness pervades the people of that region.

I think Indian armed forces and police are educated. And they also use arms?
One has to be in a particular condition to pick arms for resistance, and lack of education makes it easier.

Indian armed forces/police dont go on to kill unarmed civilians en masse. There is a difference between upholding law and order, and doing nonsensical killing. As I said, there are communist parties in India, and are trying to do bring communism, democratic way.

Can you explain what makes the naxals special, that their violence can be justified in retaliation to their grievance caused by state?

He has got a point mate and you just can't ignore the fact!!It has now become a policy to apease the minorities in the name of secularity and majority of Indians will accept this simple fact.Is it that hard for you to comprehend or you do not want to??

He is quoting a news paper article of 2006 which is ancient news.

This 'policy; has been in vogue as long as anyone can remember. Appeasing minorities began even before the Mandal Commission unleashed by VP Singh.

Whats new & what has changed ?

Back
Top Bottom