What's new

Stop Muslim polygamy, its 'heinously patriarchal' says Gujarat HC, pitching for a common civil code

@jamahir make up your mind, do you support people's right to multiple partners or not? Whether they exercise is upto them.

mcc.JPG

you dont have to sell either islami law or communist manifesto to me bro... :)
why do ladies need safety net. why do men need safety from claim of parenthood, just get it tested. why do you need to continue traditional family.
none of these are important in civilized modern world. Like I said, govt should get out of it all together.
Marriage is a religious institution, let religions decide what they want, what they limit. Muslims want to stop at 4. Well let them. Hindus want 1. ok, no problem.
from govt point of view, none of these matter. Only tricky bit is inheritance but its not that difficult.

And dont bring argument about childhood and how child needs both parents. Its ideal to have both parents with you when you grow, but cant be forced even now as per law.
Realistically, people wont marry everybody willy nilly just because you allow marriage with multiple people. Most of the world will probably remain monogamous(at least openly) because of pressure from their partner. However it will decriminalize the act, which I would welcome.
As I have said to the vast majority of muslims polygamy does not matter. We expect the government to work on stopping framing of muslims as terrorists, bombings by hindutvas, equal treatment of a Hindu and Muslim terrorist, allowance to govern muslim majority areas themselves and no more killings over beef and let the muslims eat beef.

Islamic rules have changed with smoking and polygamy banned anyway.

Polygamy is allowed in Islam but with many conditions. I dont think this forum or thread is suitable to discuss about it nor any of us is a real authority with full knowledge to do so. however in Islam we have been told to follow law of the land... soo if in india, state of gujurat, comes up with some new rules then muslims should follow... but it doesnt mean muslims should be forced to do things which are not permissible in islam for example ... ghar wapsi progs. ,or they will be force to follow any of majority religion in india by force ...

Polygamy is allowed in Islam but with many conditions. I dont think this forum or thread is suitable to discuss about it nor any of us is a real authority with full knowledge to do so. however in Islam we have been told to follow law of the land... soo if in india, state of gujurat, comes up with some new rules then muslims should follow... but it doesnt mean muslims should be forced to do things which are not permissible in islam for example ... ghar wapsi progs. ,or they will be force to follow any of majority religion in india by force ...

Boss...We are not asking Muslims to become Hindus and follow the majority religion...All we want is few changes in Islamic personal which Muslims follow...If you are in a country where the country's constitution says something different and your religious law says different then that will lead to confusion...So it is better to amend religious law to be compatible with that nation's constitution....

Back
Top Bottom