What's new

Stop giving millions in aid to countries like China and India: Kofi Annan

It is India that has more poverty/malnutrition than the whole of Africa. :lol:

You guys are in a category of your own.

and u must also know that...India is the third largest producer of cereals in the world next to China and USA. Next to China, India is the second largest producer of wheat, rice, groundnut, vegetables and melons and other fruits(excluding melons). Next to Brazil India is the second largest producer of sugarcane. India is also the largest producer of milk in the world.

and soon our population is also going to become healthiest..

http://mospi.nic.in/Mospi_New/uploa...C AND THE WORLD/INDIA, BRIC AND THE WORLD.pdf

India need the money,I read this article minutes ago.rediff news

India needs money as investment.....but its doesn't need Aid ....

And as far as poverty goes it takes time to reduce it ......you can't expect a nation which was looted for 100 yr by the same country which is providing Aid now...then back stabbed by a so called friend into just 15 yr of independence and waged a war against it to grab land and then 5 yrs of economic sanction by western world....... to eradicate povert in blink of a eye ...it requires time.........Even after all this this country is rising

its a democracy
its has the most vibrant private young entrepreneur
its has a strong local demand base economy.
its a soft power ......you be shocked to see indian influence around the world

Now they blocked New York Times in China.

atleast i prefer to live on a tree rather than in a golden cage..i wonder whats lyf with out freedom???

India needs money as investment.....but its doesn't need Aid ....

And as far as poverty goes it takes time to reduce it ......you can't expect a nation which was looted for 100 yr by the same country which is providing Aid now...then back stabbed by a so called friend into just 15 yr of independence and waged a war against it to grab land and then 5 yrs of economic sanction by western world....... to eradicate povert in blink of a eye ...it requires time.........Even after all this this country is rising

its a democracy
its has the most vibrant private young entrepreneur
its has a strong local demand base economy.
its a soft power ......you be shocked to see indian influence around the world

im shocked..r u expecting a person living in a closed cage who believes his own state sponsered media to accept ur augment ..???????

That´s what I do not understand, why relatively rich countries still receive aid.
The aid should concentrate on poorer nations such as Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos.

That´s what I do not understand, why relatively rich countries still receive aid.

i totally agree with you...unfortunately aid is also concerned with political and startegic factors

No such thing as aid in this world, it all comes down to politics.

When India refused Eurofighter in fighter aircraft deal, British media wrote long articles about British aid to India but still India rejected their aircraft.

There is no such thing as free aid. The British aid of 280 mill pounds is neither due to altruism nor due to goodwill. There is always a quid pro quo. They give "aid" and in return expect business deals. Case in point, we all remember how the British politicians flipped out when we chose Rafale over the EFT. And how they started calling for an end to aid.

That said, yes India has tons of poverty and our government does precious little for these people. So yes, India needs aid. Lets not take aid and then beat our chests saying ridiculous things like "we are rich" and "we are powerful" and call the aid peanuts.

So aid, is not to improve standards of living for poor people. Its a political bribe. It has vested interests tied to it.

That said, India should accept aid, but only one that comes with no strings attached. We dont wanna be held to ransom because they give us aid. Which means, we should stop taking aid altogether.

The difference is we are transparent while you are not. Hence you will see more such news on India while not on China. This doesn't mean everything is fine with China

lol``india is 'transparent' is like saying N.Korea is democracy...you have 80% of people dont know jack about how to read and write``and yes your government is really transparent where clueless indians like you have no idea where did those trillion money in Siss bank come from

you just live with your China conspiracies while others look at you as a retard

lol``india is 'transparent' is like saying N.Korea is democracy...you have 80% of people dont know jack about how to read and write``and yes your government is really transparent where clueless indians like you have no idea where did those trillion money in Siss bank come from

you just live with your China conspiracies while others look at you as a retard

Well, since India is a democracy, albeit a flawed one, I would say India is indeed a little bit more transparent than China, though not as transparent as we would like it to be.

When it comes to matters of aid, I do think both countries need aid. Both countries suffer from income inequality and if that needs to be eradicated, we need some concerted efforts in improving living standards, especially for the poor.

That said, China needs aid far less than India does. Being a command economy and a much larger one than India, with a similar population and a near 100% literacy, China might actually find it easier to eradicate their social issues than India.

Chinese per capita is $4500 while Japan's is $35000; Only PDF Chinese members can put both the countries in same category :lol:

Because of CPC propaganda, they started thinking they are super duper rich

India's GDP is like 1500 percap,
5000 kids starve to death daily,
worst result of PISA test,
most dangerous place for women to live,
next to junk credit rating
world biggest slums
and laggest child-labour population``

`yet keep comparing with China and verbal defecting nonsenses like 'shining', ' IT superpower', 'R&D hub', 'democracy' and 'biggest middle-class'

so dont know what kind of shyte your high caste owners have been feeding you since you little`?

Well, since India is a democracy, albeit a flawed one, I would say India is indeed a little bit more transparent than China, though not as transparent as we would like it to be.

When it comes to matters of aid, I do think both countries need aid. Both countries suffer from income inequality and if that needs to be eradicated, we need some concerted efforts in improving living standards, especially for the poor.

That said, China needs aid far less than India does. Being a command economy and a much larger one than India, with a similar population and a near 100% literacy, China might actually find it easier to eradicate their social issues than India.

China is no long a command economy, we used to use 'liangpiao' to buy stuffs, and every family only got certain amount of 'liangpiao' a year````so all the goods and food were pre-allocated by the central government``

now I'd say China feels more capitalism than the U.K

The difference is we are transparent while you are not. Hence you will see more such news on India while not on China. This doesn't mean everything is fine with China

india more transparent than china?

Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare

country ranking
China 75
India 95

Corruption index 2011 from Transparency International: find out how countries compare | News | guardian.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom