What's new

Stop claiming you're either Arab or Persian or Turk!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear users on this wonderful forum of ours

Today I'd like to talk about this notion that almost every Pakistani I've met has, this notion where they claim that they're of Arab ancestry or Persian ancestry or central Asian Turkic ancestry.

I've heard from countless Pakistani claiming they have Arab ancestry or Iranian ancestry, but when they did their DNA ancestry test, it came up 99% South Asian, and I laughed at them.

So let me educate some of you who may have this idiotic notion in your head. Firstly let's talk about Arab DNA. Many pakis want to claim they have Arab blood because of Arab migration during the ummayad and abbassid period, but unfortunately for them, there isn't a single price of evidence that any sort of migration took place ever, and that's because Arabs didn't migrate to the Indus region except for some few places in Sindh, Gujarat and Kerala and even those were minimal, so for pakis to claim they're of Arab ancestry because they "MIGHT" have 0.2% Arab DNA is preposterous and idiotic because you're denying you 99.99% South Asian blood. And all of you so called sayyids who think their lineage goes all the way back to the Prophet, you're just plain ignorant because if you check the history of Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent, it was common practice for Muslims to adopt Arab surnames because of the prestige it brought with it, and the same goes for the sayyid surname, and another common practice in Iran Afghanistan and Pakistan was to falsely link their lineage to one of the 12 imams in order to claim being a sayyid.

An example of this can be easily given with the surname Khan, a Mongolian surname which is the most common surname in all of South Asia. The reason for this is because central and south Asians took on the Khan title as a way of gaining prestige among their society.

So don't go around claiming being sayyid unless you definitively prove you lineage, which none of you can.

Secondly, for those pakis who claim to be of Persian origin. There's no denying that people from the Iranian plateau have been migrating to the Indus region and the Indian Subcontinent for centuries. But if you look at the genetic impact it has had, then you'll see that it'll been next to nothing, and also, Iranian doesn't mean Persian, Iranian is a term for the collective linguistic group of people who vary considerably from one to another and just because your great great great grandfather was from Iran, doesn't make you Iranian.

Thirdly, let's discuss the Turkic migration. The Turkic migration into the heart of the Indian Subcontinent happened after the conquests of northern india by first the samanids and saffarids, both of whom made minimal conquests into what is now Pakistan, and then by the ghaznavids who were a central Asian Turkic dynasty who were persianised. There conquests into India resulted in small groups of people of Turkic, bactrians, and sogdian origin settling into what is now Afghanistan and north-central Pakistan, and even in Pakistan, the Multan and Lahore were the few places where the migrations occurred. After this, another migration did not take place until after the invasion of the ghorid dynasty, but unlike the previous dynasty, the ghorids took control of most of the northern Indian Ganges planes. And yes Turkic migration did happen during this time, but the migration was a drop in the ocean in terms of genetic impact so for Pakistanis who have Turkic surnames like khoja or chagtai, or baig, barlas, Gul, Mirza, pasha, Mughal, etc, for them to only recognize they're far far off allegedly Turkic heritage and disregard they're Punjabi, Gujarati, Sindhi, Balochi, Marathi, kashmiri heritage is pathetic because a surname means nothing to prove where you're from especially in the western-south Asia region because surnames these surnames have been adopted by people for centuries for prestige and respect.

I myself am of 4 different ancestry. My mother is half tajik half Ozebk born and raised in the Soviet Union and my father is half Afghan pakhtun half Pakistani kashmiri born and raised in Scotland. My father didn't give any one of his children his family surname, which is Sharif, because he didn't believe in such things where a surname determines who you are in life, rather, he gave us his first name as our surname.

My whole life people kept telling me I have to chose my father's lineage only because that's how things are done, which is bullshit. Why should I throw away my lineage from my mother's side because of man made ideas of heritage and lineage. I am proud of all 4 of my lineages and I will carry them all with me throughout my life.

So I saw to all of you who are claiming to be this or that. Please stop, you're not fooling anyone other than yourself. You're not Arab, you're not Persian, you're not Turk, you're a P@k! and be proud of it.

What an idiotic topic. The people of USA, Australia, etc are PROUD TO TELL THEIR HERITAGE. Why should the people of Pakistan be any different? DNA DOES NOT LIE UNLIKE PEOPLE. The more I look at your past and present posts, the more I am convinced that you are not from Pakistan but rather an Indian trouble maker.

And speaking of heritage and DNA, there is no one better to know about this then @Indus Pakistan .

Neither of the two originated from within Pakistan. Both were invaders from central Asia. They are not your empires to be proud of.

You are throwing too many truth bombs for this forum mate. Mehenga padega.

Btw, off-topic I guess but Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favourite movies. Have you seen the director's cut version ? Saladin's character was pretty cool in the movie. Not sure how he was in real life.

Btw, off-topic I guess but Kingdom of Heaven is one of my favourite movies. Have you seen the director's cut version ? Saladin's character was pretty cool in the movie. Not sure how he was in real life.

Some people tend to claim a lineage which is more noble and higher. It is best to be truthful rather than concoct.

Oh great another little indian Lalu Prasad with his expert analysis, and his Favorite bollywood movie. :lol:

Some people tend to claim a lineage which is more noble and higher. It is best to be truthful rather than concoct.

Like the little Black Kettles in the East calling themselves "White Aryans". :omghaha: Which category are you in?

My father's paternal side is Yusufzai Khan
My father's maternal side is Kasmiri Butt
My mother's paternal side is Ozbeki Yuldashev
My mother's maternal side is Tajiki Odinaev

I claim heritage to only these 4 ancestries because I can prove them. I'm not going to go claiming Persian heritage because I'm part tajik, tajiks were persianised after the Islamic conquest, before that we were called sogdians. I know if i do a DNA test, I would have maybe 2-3% Iranian DNA, but that's it. But I won't go pretending to be Iranian. I claim only what I can prove and I don't claim a false lineage which I can't prove.

Can you prove your Turkic rajput heritage??? If not, then you are fooling yourself.
My father's paternal side is Yusufzai Khan
My father's maternal side is Kasmiri Butt
My mother's paternal side is Ozbeki Yuldashev
My mother's maternal side is Tajiki Odinaev

I claim heritage to only these 4 ancestries because I can prove them. I'm not going to go claiming Persian heritage because I'm part tajik, tajiks were persianised after the Islamic conquest, before that we were called sogdians. I know if i do a DNA test, I would have maybe 2-3% Iranian DNA, but that's it. But I won't go pretending to be Iranian. I claim only what I can prove and I don't claim a false lineage which I can't prove.

Can you prove your Turkic rajput heritage??? If not, then you are fooling yourself.

I fully agree with the notion of being able to prove one's ethnic racial origin. I am paternally and maternally from the Pakhtun Wardag tribe. However, we also have Pakhtun genealogical names and names of villages. Also, language. I would not mind a dna test though.

Last edited:
This is a hard pill to swallow for some/many pakistanis but its true. We're not Persian/Turk/Arab for goodness sake we have our own identity and cultures!! Pakistanis who claim such heritage only on the basis of last name and not immediate ancestors annoys me the hell out. We have a distinct way of life and characteristics that differ from both middle easterners and Indians and we should really just embrace those. I always found that we had a very rich culture that isn't being expanded on as it should. If a person is a light skinned, medium skinned or dark skinned Pakistani doesnt means his origin came from Central Asia, Africa or India. They are from Pakistan. I am ashamed by Pakistanis who try to associate themselves with what they are clearly not. And it is exactly because of these Pakistanis under denial, that we face an issue of Identity crisis when we really shouldn't.

Oh great another little indian Lalu Prasad with his expert analysis, and his Favorite bollywood movie. :lol:

If you weren't such a Lallu yourself, you would know that Kingdom of Heaven is not a Bollywood movie.

This is a hard pill to swallow for some/many pakistanis but its true. We're not Persian/Turk/Arab for goodness sake we have our own identity and cultures!! Pakistanis who claim such heritage only on the basis of last name and not immediate ancestors annoys me the hell out. We have a distinct way of life and characteristics that differ from both middle easterners and Indians and we should really just embrace those. I always found that we had a very rich culture that isn't being expanded on as it should. If a person is a light skinned, medium skinned or dark skinned Pakistani doesnt means his origin came from Central Asia, Africa or India. They are from Pakistan. I am ashamed by Pakistanis who try to associate themselves with what they are clearly not. And it is exactly because of these Pakistanis under denial, that we face an issue of Identity crisis when we really shouldn't.

It's all based on evidence, but generally I agree with you.

My father is an al-bakistani and my mother is stonk persian ancestry...
To be fair most of the posts saying that they have "arab" or some other ancestry is pathetic to an extent. Most of them haven't even had any test done

It's not just dna. What other evidence does one have? It's the full package.

What do you think when Turks claim Pakistani empires and commonality with Pakistanis?

Note Ghaznavi and Mughal empirea.

16%2BTurkish%2BStates.jpg

In my interactions with Arabs and Turks, I realized that we are closer to them culturally and civilizationwise to the Non-Muslims of the subcontinent.

Some Afghan Pukhtoons really surprise me too, they are very similar to Pakistanis.

It all boils down to how much people associate with their heritage. It is all well and good to point out that your ethnicity is from an area you do not live in. But expecting that ethnicity to be a character trait is what irks me. It is irrelevant to me if a person claims to have Turkic blood or Arab blood: you are a Pakistani and it is simple as that. I hate Pakistanis who try to play up their supposedly Arab lineage to Arabs from Saudi or UAE: they will look down at you either way (not all of them, but a considerable percentage of them do look down on us). I will say it once more: one's supposed ancestry had no bearing on how they act, and should have no bearing on the country they are loyal to, especially if said ancestry and association to a different ethnicity equates to hundreds of years in the past. What is relevant is the here and now: I hate those members of my family whose first criteria when looking for spouse for their kids is the potential spouse's Syed "status." The Prophet (SAWW) would look at this and have yet another reason to weep at the state of his Ummah, and history has recorded his sorrow at what Allah (SWT) revealed to him as the state of his Ummah in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom