What's new

Stop claiming you're either Arab or Persian or Turk!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear users on this wonderful forum of ours

Today I'd like to talk about this notion that almost every Pakistani I've met has, this notion where they claim that they're of Arab ancestry or Persian ancestry or central Asian Turkic ancestry.

I've heard from countless Pakistani claiming they have Arab ancestry or Iranian ancestry, but when they did their DNA ancestry test, it came up 99% South Asian, and I laughed at them.

So let me educate some of you who may have this idiotic notion in your head. Firstly let's talk about Arab DNA. Many pakis want to claim they have Arab blood because of Arab migration during the ummayad and abbassid period, but unfortunately for them, there isn't a single price of evidence that any sort of migration took place ever, and that's because Arabs didn't migrate to the Indus region except for some few places in Sindh, Gujarat and Kerala and even those were minimal, so for pakis to claim they're of Arab ancestry because they "MIGHT" have 0.2% Arab DNA is preposterous and idiotic because you're denying you 99.99% South Asian blood. And all of you so called sayyids who think their lineage goes all the way back to the Prophet, you're just plain ignorant because if you check the history of Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent, it was common practice for Muslims to adopt Arab surnames because of the prestige it brought with it, and the same goes for the sayyid surname, and another common practice in Iran Afghanistan and Pakistan was to falsely link their lineage to one of the 12 imams in order to claim being a sayyid.

An example of this can be easily given with the surname Khan, a Mongolian surname which is the most common surname in all of South Asia. The reason for this is because central and south Asians took on the Khan title as a way of gaining prestige among their society.

So don't go around claiming being sayyid unless you definitively prove you lineage, which none of you can.

Secondly, for those pakis who claim to be of Persian origin. There's no denying that people from the Iranian plateau have been migrating to the Indus region and the Indian Subcontinent for centuries. But if you look at the genetic impact it has had, then you'll see that it'll been next to nothing, and also, Iranian doesn't mean Persian, Iranian is a term for the collective linguistic group of people who vary considerably from one to another and just because your great great great grandfather was from Iran, doesn't make you Iranian.

Thirdly, let's discuss the Turkic migration. The Turkic migration into the heart of the Indian Subcontinent happened after the conquests of northern india by first the samanids and saffarids, both of whom made minimal conquests into what is now Pakistan, and then by the ghaznavids who were a central Asian Turkic dynasty who were persianised. There conquests into India resulted in small groups of people of Turkic, bactrians, and sogdian origin settling into what is now Afghanistan and north-central Pakistan, and even in Pakistan, the Multan and Lahore were the few places where the migrations occurred. After this, another migration did not take place until after the invasion of the ghorid dynasty, but unlike the previous dynasty, the ghorids took control of most of the northern Indian Ganges planes. And yes Turkic migration did happen during this time, but the migration was a drop in the ocean in terms of genetic impact so for Pakistanis who have Turkic surnames like khoja or chagtai, or baig, barlas, Gul, Mirza, pasha, Mughal, etc, for them to only recognize they're far far off allegedly Turkic heritage and disregard they're Punjabi, Gujarati, Sindhi, Balochi, Marathi, kashmiri heritage is pathetic because a surname means nothing to prove where you're from especially in the western-south Asia region because surnames these surnames have been adopted by people for centuries for prestige and respect.

I myself am of 4 different ancestry. My mother is half tajik half Ozebk born and raised in the Soviet Union and my father is half Afghan pakhtun half Pakistani kashmiri born and raised in Scotland. My father didn't give any one of his children his family surname, which is Sharif, because he didn't believe in such things where a surname determines who you are in life, rather, he gave us his first name as our surname.

My whole life people kept telling me I have to chose my father's lineage only because that's how things are done, which is bullshit. Why should I throw away my lineage from my mother's side because of man made ideas of heritage and lineage. I am proud of all 4 of my lineages and I will carry them all with me throughout my life.

So I saw to all of you who are claiming to be this or that. Please stop, you're not fooling anyone other than yourself. You're not Arab, you're not Persian, you're not Turk, you're a **** and be proud of it.
I have pure, 100% pure Indian ancestry. And I am proud of my black long hair...

How far back is your ancestry? Any btw, if you had a great great great grandfather who was Arab or Persian, that doesn't make you Arab or Persian.
And unless you have 10-15% minimum Iranian or Arab DNA, please don't go around claiming to have those ancestry.
I haven't checked my DNA

It's actually not Pakistanis claiming to be Arab or Persian that bothers me.

What really pisses me off is the Pakistanis who claim that we have Indian ancestry.
Considering the fact that Pakistan shares somewhere around 80-90% of it's genetic make-up with the rest of South Asia, how can you get pissed at that then?? Please do tell. People lie about their ancestries and lineage, DNA doesn't lie

My family is proud of hyping up our supposedly Syed heritage and even have a detailed document dating back to 700 AD. Here's the thing though: I do not care. Syed is just a name to me. Even if I am somehow descended from the Prophet's (SAWW) family, that does not change who I am. Familial ties with the Prophet (SAWW) do not guarantee salvation (see: Abu Lahab) nor do they make me "noble." Syed is just a name and our society needs to move beyond the idea of hoping to marry their children into Syed families. It's equivalent to casteism at this point.

My grandfather pathan from Afghanistan who coming to Bombay
My grandfather's grandfather from my dad's side came to the doab region of india with his entire clan from jalalabad.

I respect your claim of your heritage. But those people who claim to be Arab because 900 years ago one Arab, MAYYYBEEE, came there and married a local woman there, and now all of a sudden you forget your 99.99% dna and focus on that one spec for prestige. That's what I call pathetic losers [emoji23]

I am a proud Pakistani but I am not going to lie, sometimes I wish Pakistan had the rich history of nations like Iran and Turkey with the heritage of glorious Persian and Ottoman empires.

That said, Pakistan is a new country and being able to witness the birth of your nation in your lifetime is one of the highest honors a person can have. Very few people in the world get this opportunity but Pakistanis are among the lucky ones.
The reason why we cling onto this false notion of outside heritage is because there was never a great Muslim Punjabi or Muslim Balochi, or Muslim Sindhi or Muslim pakhtun power that rose from within the borders of Pakistan, it was always from the outside invading us. That's the core reason.

lol. so from my dada side( gilani Sayyeds) our forefathers moved to Kashmir, while my maternal great grand pa ji was from Kandhar and then moved to Pakistan so I am not South fucking Asian.
I had a Jordanian friend who once told me jokingly, there are more sayyids in Pakistan and India than there are in all of the Arab world combined [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] that should tell you the reality of sayyids in the Indian Subcontinent

Dear users on this wonderful forum of ours

Today I'd like to talk about this notion that almost every Pakistani I've met has, this notion where they claim that they're of Arab ancestry or Persian ancestry or central Asian Turkic ancestry.

I've heard from countless Pakistani claiming they have Arab ancestry or Iranian ancestry, but when they did their DNA ancestry test, it came up 99% South Asian, and I laughed at them.

So let me educate some of you who may have this idiotic notion in your head. Firstly let's talk about Arab DNA. Many pakis want to claim they have Arab blood because of Arab migration during the ummayad and abbassid period, but unfortunately for them, there isn't a single price of evidence that any sort of migration took place ever, and that's because Arabs didn't migrate to the Indus region except for some few places in Sindh, Gujarat and Kerala and even those were minimal, so for pakis to claim they're of Arab ancestry because they "MIGHT" have 0.2% Arab DNA is preposterous and idiotic because you're denying you 99.99% South Asian blood. And all of you so called sayyids who think their lineage goes all the way back to the Prophet, you're just plain ignorant because if you check the history of Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent, it was common practice for Muslims to adopt Arab surnames because of the prestige it brought with it, and the same goes for the sayyid surname, and another common practice in Iran Afghanistan and Pakistan was to falsely link their lineage to one of the 12 imams in order to claim being a sayyid.

An example of this can be easily given with the surname Khan, a Mongolian surname which is the most common surname in all of South Asia. The reason for this is because central and south Asians took on the Khan title as a way of gaining prestige among their society.

So don't go around claiming being sayyid unless you definitively prove you lineage, which none of you can.

Secondly, for those pakis who claim to be of Persian origin. There's no denying that people from the Iranian plateau have been migrating to the Indus region and the Indian Subcontinent for centuries. But if you look at the genetic impact it has had, then you'll see that it'll been next to nothing, and also, Iranian doesn't mean Persian, Iranian is a term for the collective linguistic group of people who vary considerably from one to another and just because your great great great grandfather was from Iran, doesn't make you Iranian.

Thirdly, let's discuss the Turkic migration. The Turkic migration into the heart of the Indian Subcontinent happened after the conquests of northern india by first the samanids and saffarids, both of whom made minimal conquests into what is now Pakistan, and then by the ghaznavids who were a central Asian Turkic dynasty who were persianised. There conquests into India resulted in small groups of people of Turkic, bactrians, and sogdian origin settling into what is now Afghanistan and north-central Pakistan, and even in Pakistan, the Multan and Lahore were the few places where the migrations occurred. After this, another migration did not take place until after the invasion of the ghorid dynasty, but unlike the previous dynasty, the ghorids took control of most of the northern Indian Ganges planes. And yes Turkic migration did happen during this time, but the migration was a drop in the ocean in terms of genetic impact so for Pakistanis who have Turkic surnames like khoja or chagtai, or baig, barlas, Gul, Mirza, pasha, Mughal, etc, for them to only recognize they're far far off allegedly Turkic heritage and disregard they're Punjabi, Gujarati, Sindhi, Balochi, Marathi, kashmiri heritage is pathetic because a surname means nothing to prove where you're from especially in the western-south Asia region because surnames these surnames have been adopted by people for centuries for prestige and respect.

I myself am of 4 different ancestry. My mother is half tajik half Ozebk born and raised in the Soviet Union and my father is half Afghan pakhtun half Pakistani kashmiri born and raised in Scotland. My father didn't give any one of his children his family surname, which is Sharif, because he didn't believe in such things where a surname determines who you are in life, rather, he gave us his first name as our surname.

My whole life people kept telling me I have to chose my father's lineage only because that's how things are done, which is bullshit. Why should I throw away my lineage from my mother's side because of man made ideas of heritage and lineage. I am proud of all 4 of my lineages and I will carry them all with me throughout my life.

So I saw to all of you who are claiming to be this or that. Please stop, you're not fooling anyone other than yourself. You're not Arab, you're not Persian, you're not Turk, you're a P@k! and be proud of it.
Did you have your DNA test?can you share your results?

• No Such thing as South Asian !
:coffee: Just a ploy to seperate Pakistan from Iran /Turkey

The land of Persia / Arabia was vast and people traded and traveled yes there were wars but the every day person traveled openly between trade routes

Pakistan
Afghanistan
Iran
Iraq
Syria
Palestine
Turkey
Macca/Medina/ The Agricultural Lands of Arabia/Tribes

Was one big chunk of civilization

It is common for these people to associate as one people

Lahore's second language is Persian just found out how fluently many Lahore residents speak Persian
I respect your opinion. But you also forgot to mention how the Indian Subcontinent has had a monoculture which was separate from Iranian culture and central Asian culture for thousands of years. Which is why a Punjabi speaker can under a Marathi Gujarati and even bihari better than he can understand Farsi or even pashto. Pakistan's culture is more intertwined with the culture of the Indian Subcontinent than it is with western Asia. Yes we have been Influenced by central and western Asian culture, but it doesn't change the fact that we are, culturally speaking, more Indian than we are middle eastern. Be proud of that

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I speak tajiki, a dialect of Farsi, and I'm sorry to tell you brother, but just because 100 people in Lahore speak perfect Farsi doesn't make Lahore a Persian city culturally

• No Such thing as South Asian !
:coffee: Just a ploy to seperate Pakistan from Iran /Turkey

The land of Persia / Arabia was vast and people traded and traveled yes there were wars but the every day person traveled openly between trade routes

Pakistan
Afghanistan
Iran
Iraq
Syria
Palestine
Turkey
Macca/Medina/ The Agricultural Lands of Arabia/Tribes

Was one big chunk of civilization

It is common for these people to associate as one people

Lahore's second language is Persian just found out how fluently many Lahore residents speak Persian
not really only those who speak farsi who goes to iran for education.. some learned in university but its only 0.05% of the population, my father knows farsi cuz he used to do business between pak and iran and non of his kids speaks farsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom