What's new

Stealth Thunder

Confirm. No internal weapons bay. The point is the cost. You know, your country or some other the third world countries are not rich enough.

:lol::lol::lol:

So you are giving this stealth aircraft to third world country ?

I hope, you do know whom you are referring to..

Btw you should be knowing , to make current JF 17 into stealth , you will have repeat to all the test flights ..

Who do you think will fund this up gradation ? Third world country ?:sick:

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

So you are giving this stealth aircraft to third world country ?

I hope, you do know whom you are referring to..

Btw you should be knowing , to make current JF 17 into stealth , you will have repeat to all the test flights ..

Who do you think will fund this up gradation ? Third world country ?:sick:
first question——perhaps we talked about two different things.
Repeat? If you decide to turn this program on, all of these are new. Just can use experience of FC-1. Thunder is too small to have Internal weapons bay. If add one, you have to make Thunder bigger. More expensive it is.
Will developed countries buy it? I don't think so.

first question——perhaps we talked about two different things.
Repeat? If you decide to turn this program on, all of these are new. Just can use experience of FC-1. Thunder is too small to have Internal weapons bay. If add one, you have to make Thunder bigger. More expensive it is.
Will developed countries buy it? I don't think so.

Ok I understand our conversation will have misunderstanding

I ve decided to quit now.

Since I don't feel this will ever be developed..

Just promote his electric and design a stealth shape. If it really like F-35, I don’t think that Pakistan Government will buy it(maybe PLAF also buy it). That's a saying, the most suitable is the best. Why it can't be the 21st century “107mm rocket bomb”?

just saying looks nice though

JF-17 can be upgraded to near 5th gen jet (not true 5th gen jet) with redesign shape (CAC / AVIC have tested many designs for JF-17, so they can do it) and external weapons pod instead of internal weapons pod it could be called JF-17-NG (Silent / Super Thunder).

Now some people are saying, just get the FC-31. It seems like they are already scared of this unknown bird.
I think it is a sound design and more so if it has AESA and other top notch avionics, and if it can be done with half the price of an FC-31, it will all be for the better.
I still believe that PAF will get 2 to 3 squadrons of the FC-31. And maybe, although it is most probable some kind of stealthy JF-17 after block 3 of the current design up to 4 Sqds or more, as the technology is readily available and being improved very quickly.

Last edited:
There will be no stealth JFT. JFT BLK 3 has been described as a 4+ GEN fighter aircraft by the manufacturers although taking cues from the JFT program, a stealth aircraft project can be initiated after we are finished with JFT BLK 3.

JF-17 can be upgraded to near 5th gen jet (not true 5th gen jet) with redesign shape (CAC / AVIC have tested many designs for JF-17, so they can do it) and external weapons pod instead of internal weapons pod it could be called JF-17-NG (Silent / Super Thunder).
if it follows jas39ng's step, only design stealth on some place. this new fighter to jf17 is like boeing747-800 to boeing747.

Ok I understand our conversation will have misunderstanding

I ve decided to quit now.

Since I don't feel this will ever be developed..
The author can't say so much. But he mentioned that FC-1 and J-20's designer Yang Wei said, Chengdu actually has a programme of stealth Xiaolong (Thunder) .
ok, bye.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, a stealth JF-17 is impractical and expensive. It's easier (and cheaper) to buy the FC-31, or develop a brand new one from scratch (which is also expensive to do).

Right now, Pakistan isn't in the financial situation to do any of these things. There may be reports that Pakistan is interested in the FC-31, but that doesn't mean Pakistan is going to buy it right now. Pakistan is playing the waiting game, their next acquisition will depend completely on regional air forces, such as India. If the IAF buys the Rafale, Pakistan may buy more second hand F-16s and start thinking of shopping for a 5th gen fighter, but only after the IAF has inducted the Rafale into their air force. The biggest turning point would be when India inducts the FGFA, when Pakistan will have no choice but to buy a 5th gen.

The time frame for any of this is 2020-2025, plenty of time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, a stealth JF-17 is impractical and expensive. It's easier (and cheaper) to buy the FC-31, or develop a brand new one from scratch (which is also expensive to do).

Right now, Pakistan isn't in the financial situation to do any of these things. There may be reports that Pakistan is interested in the FC-31, but that doesn't mean Pakistan is going to buy it right now. Pakistan is playing the waiting game, their next acquisition will depend completely on regional air forces, such as India. If the IAF buys the Rafale, Pakistan may buy more second hand F-16s and start thinking of shopping for a 5th gen fighter, but only after the IAF has inducted the Rafale into their air force. The biggest turning point would be when India inducts the FGFA, when Pakistan will have no choice but to buy a 5th gen.

The time frame for any of this is 2020-2025, plenty of time.
I agree. And how do you think about that india will buy Russian T50?

It's someones imagination running wild. I have never seen a fighter with missiles under fuselage.

I agree. And how do you think about that india will buy Russian T50?
India and Russia are already working jointly on the FGFA, which is the Indian variant of the PAK-FA (aka T50). Since the PAK-FA is expected to roll around 2020, it won't be too long after that India will get the FGFA.

If India gets the FGFA and Pakistan doesn't have an answer, I think it may change the entire dynamic of South Asia. Right now, Pakistan Air Force's F-16s are the only thing keeping the IAF from completely dominating South Asia's skies, the FGFA would destroy any fighter in PAF's inventory. The only chance Pakistan has of maintaining the status quo is a 5th gen of it's own, even if it is in much smaller numbers, whether that be the FC-31 or another option that may become available in the future.

It's someones imagination running wild. I have never seen a fighter with missiles under fuselage.
As you can see, this fighter have no internal weapons pod. But there are three semiflush pylons. My English is poor. Do you know what I mean? Like Eurofighter Typhone.

India and Russia are already working jointly on the FGFA, which is the Indian variant of the PAK-FA (aka T50). Since the PAK-FA is expected to roll around 2020, it won't be too long after that India will get the FGFA.

If India gets the FGFA and Pakistan doesn't have an answer, I think it may change the entire dynamic of South Asia. Right now, Pakistan Air Force's F-16s are the only thing keeping the IAF from completely dominating South Asia's skies, the FGFA would destroy any fighter in PAF's inventory. The only chance Pakistan has of maintaining the status quo is a 5th gen of it's own, even if it is in much smaller numbers, whether that be the FC-31 or another option that may become available in the future.
Don't worry. The biggest enemy of India Air Force is India Air Force. More than 1000 aircrafts crashed in 40 years.
And I don't know if pak-fa is as good as Russian said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom