What's new

Status of Shahbaz Air Base

penumbra..us pay $60 million dollars year for the Air Base.

us pays $600 million dollars a year to kazakhstan for the use of air base.

The only Americans present at the base are a handful of technical and ground staff who came with the newly built block 52s. If I recall correctly Shahbaz airbase was activated and upgraded recently just to station the newly procured f-16s.

In any case, if a war were to break out they wouldnt possibly be able to stop pakistan from using their own planes..

The US has supported Pakistan in many crisis now and in the past but there are people that want to demonize the US for everything. If we look in the past it was USA who led the air campaign against the Serbs who were killing Bosnian muslims.

The air force dude is not telling anything about control. he is briefing about relief operation. Its reporter saying onbehalf.. may be this youtube video is incomplete!!!
No Listen to him again - The reporter asked AVM where do you fly your relief aircrafts in Sindh..He said Shahbaz which means it is in PAF Control and yes, the video is incomplete.Also listen to reporter at the end.By the way this is the air base AVM Is talking about Jacobabad air base is called Shahbaz Air Base

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously , what you guys think of americans. they are first grade humans. why would they ever like to make a dirty picture out of nothing by creating a nuisance of not allowing aid work to be done from shahbaz. but here are two points of consideration.

1. when a serving corp commander (quetta corps, Gen Shahid), says on a populat tv channel that his forces cannot even go inside the airport due to "AMERICANS", then its not A CONSPIRACY THEORY

2. F 18 , F 15 flying from USS carl vinson or any other air craft career in indian ocean do not have a "combat range" more then 1200 km. so how can you simply plan a bombing mission on afghanistan without landing at kamra or shahbaz or murid or even pasni. (i am talking about 2001 - 2003 when kandahar was not completely captured)

obviously , what you guys think of americans. they are first grade humans. why would they ever like to make a dirty picture out of nothing by creating a nuisance of not allowing aid work to be done from shahbaz. but here are two points of consideration.

1. when a serving corp commander (quetta corps, Gen Shahid), says on a populat tv channel that his forces cannot even go inside the airport due to "AMERICANS", then its not A CONSPIRACY THEORY

2. F 18 , F 15 flying from USS carl vinson or any other air craft career in indian ocean do not have a "combat range" more then 1200 km. so how can you simply plan a bombing mission on afghanistan without landing at kamra or shahbaz or murid or even pasni. (i am talking about 2001 - 2003 when kandahar was not completely captured)

Are you not the same guy who said Prophet was guiding Mullah Omar (Astagfrullah).
2) F15's dont fly from carriers dude.US Has air base in Afghanistan where F15 and F16's are stationed they dont need to use our air base for that.F18 don't have to use PAF air base.It's range is 2,346 KM.They can fly off from gwadar side and easily bomb Afghanistan land there refuel and come back to their carriers.Stop making big deal out of small things.I've seem people say that F22 are flown over tribal areas.:blah::hitwall::hitwall:
ShahBaz main boss is Pakistani.During 2003-2004 Air Commodore Kaiser Tufail and Pakistanis are allowed there dude.Read this from Kaiser Tufail
http://kaiser-aeronaut.blogspot.com/2008/11/jacobabad-tales.html

@ every one,

there is a latest trend in our modern , secular , establishment driven pakistan "army is always right, all other is conspiracy theory"....

as a personal suggestion (no matter how much you pitty my thought process), try figuring out the military operations performed by pak army in the last decade. i think , the results of all of them were exageratted. most ironic is, that we are yet to hear a single , (mind it , a single) news or ISPR release, that army took a wrong step, or face a little defeat, in any of the hundred of operations it took in ten years. even marines are not that perfect. all armies makes mistakes. but some how we are so hypnotised with the concept of perfect pak army that we take it as a religion.

SO YOU THINK OUR FORCES ARE THAT PERFECT THAT THEY DIDNT EVEN MAKE A SINGLE MISTAKE AND WE SHOULD TRUST WHATEVER ISPR SAYS.

not exactly , and thats why we can simple shred a good portion of statement given by the air vice marshal.

ps: any one knows AVM shahid lateef who was incharge of JF 17 project at kamra? he was a sacked and not given a due promotion because he was about to reveal some thing about JF 17 aquisition. now, confirm it from PAF guys that you know around.

Last edited:
AM Shahid Lateef was not sacked.President selected ACM Rao Qamar instead of him (It has done several times before - Seniors not chosen) and he gracefully retired.He was too powerful to be sacked.Are you gonna come up with another conspiracy that Americans equipped JF17 with some bugs?

Last edited:
i apologize, i should not have used the word sacked. rahter , he was superceded. people were expecting him to get promoted.

i know kaisar tufail. in his blog he personally admitted that he was shocked to see an american AVM at shahbaz. :) . and Qaiser Tufail was AIR COMODORE at that time. and he admitted that he had NO IDEA that an american AVM could be there. i have read all his blogs he event wrote,

"it was too hot at shahbaz and i saw an american AVM entring my office, i offered him a cold water , and that was all i could provide him"

ps: if any one needs kaiser email, i can provide it with his consent :)

Yeah I have read that too in his book.It's not like AVM.It was a American Transportation Command General John Handy visiting base to inspect his soldiers as that base was used by USAF Transpiration Command.What's the big deal?He is not gonna launch nuke on us from there and America air force use Army ranks..there is no AVM Rank in USAF.AVM would be Major General in USAF.I already have Kaiser Tufail Email.Why do you always assume that they are doing something sinister.There is an American Brigadier General in Pakistan right now for relief activities..Is he here for some sinister motive too?

@ patriot,

some thing flew from carl vinson and entreprise. what ever it was, but if its loaded with JDAMs it cant fly a sortie with a radious of 1200 KM. it goes for every thing.

whose so ever i am , one thing is sure about me. islam comes first for me , then the army. army is led by generals who get retired and make mistakes, while faith is driven by prophets .

I cant say what Mullah Omar had in dreams. but , i would like you to ask. as a military enthusiast, how much are you willing to rank him. i mean, he has apparently pinned the best army on the planet earth (NATO). he has sabotaged the best intelligence agenices of the world (CIA , mossad)....or you think , that he is CIA operated and americans are playing a double game?? what your stance on this.either way, who are at the most guilty position.Mullah Omar, americans, or we the pakistanis who are now subjugated by same CIA who is playing double with islam. and if americans and CIA are not playing negative, then you should give some credit to the one eyed Mullah :)

Ohhh No... The evil ferangi fauj has taken over Pakistan, god is punishing us with floods and 55*C temperatures.... Run for the hills for the end is nigh... Give me a break, another conspiracy theory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom