What's new

Starting Threads in the Correct Section

AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys,

The main Aviation, land forces etc. threads are for Pakistani threads only. Please start any threads related to Indian/Chinese defense in the Indian/Chinese Defence section etc.

Thanks

sir may i offer this view for consideration.

sir its a common practice for some of the new members to sign up and start a new thread most of the time its either some old discussion or its kind of provocatory.
these threads only derails the forum and the mods need to work hard on merging these again.

so if i may suggest that the pdf administration can limit the new users from starting a new thread only after a few posts,this will help the existing members to have a good first look at the potential of the new members and also make the new members get used to the forum.
pdf needs quality threads and the right to start a thread must be earned thats what i feel.
i kindly request he administration to consider my opinion.

thanx

sir may i offer this view for consideration.

sir its a common practice for some of the new members to sign up and start a new thread most of the time its either some old discussion or its kind of provocatory.
these threads only derails the forum and the mods need to work hard on merging these again.

so if i may suggest that the pdf administration can limit the new users from starting a new thread only after a few posts,this will help the existing members to have a good first look at the potential of the new members and also make the new members get used to the forum.
pdf needs quality threads and the right to start a thread must be earned thats what i feel.
i kindly request he administration to consider my opinion.

thanx
It is a good suggestion indeed. But it is also possible for the Mods to delete such threads once they are started. I guess, we have to bring this into the notice of the Mod, and they'll take care of it. I have pointed out such threads a couple of times and Mods did take action.

webby cant you make only the introduction thread open while locking the rest of the forum.
thanx

From memory the practice of limiting new users to not starting threads is done on some other forums. But it may be dependent on the forum software more than a scripted rule.

As for starting threads and also posting articles is there any way to get people to actually post a link to the article. Many forget to provide the original title and place in their own version. This makes it hard to track where they actually found the article as well.
I know that this is not an easy request.

I agree with Moscow's suggestion.

A solution needs to be found as forum has recently been flooded with threads where matters already under discussion for quite some time are again been discussed.

It is all the more troublesome for think tanks, moderators, administration and some senior members as they have to explain every thing again and again.

Back
Top Bottom