What's new

Standard issue weapon in Army

Last Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Army has no plans to re-equip the infantry with new weapons, but G-3s are getting outdated. As replacement, ALL G-3s will be replaced by newer variants of modified G-3. I will post the specs later.

Seen at Army Firing Competition.

1064051_127877954089237_1754814044_o.jpg

jkhobd.jpg

Army has no plans to re-equip the infantry with new weapons, but G-3s are getting outdated. As replacement, ALL G-3s will be replaced by newer variants of modified G-3. I will post the specs later.

G3A4 is already in service with PA, another version? :confused:

Kinda like this one?

gjgoYRz.jpg

Btw I heard rumors that Azerbaijan and Pakistan will replace it's G-3s with new Turkish assault rifle? Can anybody confirm? If no what will replace Pakistani G-3s? :)

There were plans to replace G-3 with another 7.62x39mm weapon from Heckler and Koch. There also were plans to replace MP-5 with VZ-58.

However, the plans were dropped in the end due to financial strains. It has been decided to upgrade G-3, which means another decade of service.

Btw I heard rumors that Azerbaijan and Pakistan will replace it's G-3s with new Turkish assault rifle? Can anybody confirm? If no what will replace Pakistani G-3s? :)

Buddy, Pakistan is going with these G3's for some more years...

And which Turkish Assault Rifle are you talking about? I have heard of plans of Pakistan & Turkey going for the Istiglal Anti-Material rifle. Turkey is also developing its own version of the Mubariz Sniper rifle (Istiglal variant) jointly with Azerbaijan .. Not aware of any more defense cooperation between Pak & Azerbaijan...

GHQ succumbs to Chinese pressure and drops the program to buy a new Sub Machine Gun even after extensive testing the three models offered from Serbia, Romania and Czech Republic

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...new-sub-machine-gun-smg-15.html#ixzz2YTqZybW1

Two years ago the Chinese sold 10,000 Type-56 rifles to Pakistan Army at US$76 a piece. This year they are going to sell around 4000 more of the same rifles at US$100 a piece. It is also rumored that 'brother' of a GHQ leader is behind these deals!

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...new-sub-machine-gun-smg-15.html#ixzz2YTqRLdym

Quoting XYON here

There were plans to replace G-3 with another 7.62x39mm weapon from Heckler and Koch.

G3 is a 7.62x51 mm weapon. Another 7.62x51 mm weapon would be redundant as an assault rifle and 7.62x39 mm doesn't fit the bill anymore.

H&K makes very good 5.56 mm firearms though.

HK-416 and 417 (5.56x45 mm and 7.62x51 mm respectively) would share a lot of parts and commonality, and would be perfect. 416 could be multipurpose assault rifle and carbine while 417 could be used as a Designated Marksman Rifle.

The G3 is cheap, reliable and accurate.

Why not, I say!

Still, I share your viewpoint, it would be better if PA adopts the Steyr AUG which is already in service with the special forces.

AUG is used by regular infantry,marines,ASF and even by regular cops...

The G3 is cheap, reliable and accurate.

Why not, I say!

Still, I share your viewpoint, it would be better if PA adopts the Steyr AUG which is already in service with the special forces.

AUG is used by regular infantry,marines,ASF and even by regular cops...

@Last Hope yaar what happened to this:

6i8dir.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Keshav Murali

If you get hit by a 7.62mm, youre dead. One shot one kill!

The replacement for G3s in Pakistan wont happen anytime soon. Some possible rifles can be considered though.

F-N SCAR-H.
Hk-417
CZ-BREN
Turkish Battle rifle under development.

@Last Hope yaar what happened to this:

6i8dir.jpg

Prototypes/variants get produced, tested, but the comfortable gets selected. PA was also testing G36C, quite a few were seen used by paramilitary in Balochistan area. But G-3M is the way they chose to go!

Edit:

Saudi Forces use G-3K. They would probably be supplied to them, though they produce their variants locally.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom