What's new

Staines murder case: Life sentence for Dara Singh

No your problem is that you are right wing Hindu......
From when did becoming a right wing person become a problem? For that matter...arent you are also a christian right wing person? Being a hindu right wing person is wrong and christian is not??

Ok..if hez working with leprosy patients let him work. Why to convert the patients? Wont the "god" be pleased by the service without conversion?

What if he was spreading the truth of Gospel ? What difference does that make ?

Ok..if hez working with leprosy patients let him work. Why to convert the patients? Wont the "god" be pleased by the service without conversion?

Why not you hindus also work with leprosy patients and re-convert them instead of burning anyone alive who does some good work.

Some people fail to understand that culture and social fabric are NOT static. These things gradually change with times. What is acceptable now might not have been acceptable 100 years ago and vice versa.

100 years ago sati was considered normal, and a boy and a girl talking to each other might have been considered 'blasphemy'. So the social fabric of our society is constantly changing. Now whether that change comes via economic benefit, brainwashing, politics etc, it doesn't matter.

Why not? India is a secular country and all religions are equal. I don't care if a state is Christian majority or Muslim majority or Hindu Majority or Sikh majority, as long as every minority has the right to practice it's religion freely.

If you want to discriminate between people on the basis of religion, then you are no better than our friends from across the LoC

Oh come on.. you are getting preachy here. I am an athiest and couldn't care lesser about religion. But I don't want to lose my identity.

Why not you hindus also work with leprosy patients and re-convert them instead of burning anyone alive who does some good work.

There is no doubt Dara Singh is guilty of murder, and deserves the life term, or maybe more. No one is defending actions.
What is being discussed is the disgusting ways in which missionaries are carrying out their activities.
Bribing, brainwashing, blackmailing to spread the "word of the lord" is morally hollow.

From when did becoming a right wing person become a problem? For that matter...arent you are also a christian right wing person? Being a hindu right wing person is wrong and christian is not??

I have replied to his post

Ya I am a Christian,a proud patriotic Indian Christian.
( I do not need a certificate for this from any body)

Its difficult for me to digest that you People support a person who has charred Two Young Children and man to death.

So if you feel that i am wright wing Christian its upto you.

There is no doubt Dara Singh is guilty of murder, and deserves the life term, or maybe more. No one is defending actions.
What is being discussed is the disgusting ways in which missionaries are carrying out their activities.
Bribing, brainwashing, blackmailing to spread the "word of the lord" is morally hollow.

Forced conversion is offcourse wrong but tell me one thing, why wouldn't those tribals convert, what benefit do they get from mainstream hindu society except for discrimination?

Is that supposedly a retort ??

No an innocent question, why not practising Hindus and Bajrangis set up philanthropic institutions like we have in West Bengal, Ram Krishna Mission etc, and spread the message of Hinduism all over world instead of burning down people and kids and make it seem like some kinda African cult?(no offence to Africa).

Ur ignorance is staggering ,but not unusual .Though there are lot of good work done by Hindus activists and sadhus in the tribal areas but reporting about them is sacrilegious in our secular(idiotic) English media.

swami Laxmanananda was one those who dedicated himself serving the tribals from his Ashram for more than 3 decades ,but in the process he faced the ire of the chruch and got killed by maoist who had become front arm for church.

Why Swami Laxmanananda was killed

Why Swami Laxmanananda was killed
October 05, 2008 18:45 IST

Admitting that Maoist groups in Orissa derive major support from minority communities, a prominent Maoist leader has said there was pressure from both Christians and Dalits to eliminate VHP leader Laxmanananda Saraswati.

Sabyasachi Panda alias Sunil, who met a group of journalists at an undisclosed hideout on Saturday, said Saraswati was killed as he did not pay any heed to Maoist's warning.

The transcript of Panda's meeting was made available to PTI on Sunday.

'We had asked Laxmanananda to desist from anti-Christian activities. He created a riot in December 2007 and subsequently targeted people indulging in cow slaughter,' he said, adding people of both the communities were opposed to the seer.

Noting that most of the cadre members and supporters in Orissa belonged to Christian community, Panda said, 'It is a fact that Christians are in majority in our organisation.

Our supporters in Orissa's Rayagada, Gajapati and Kandhamal also belonged to Christian community.'

The Maoist leader, however, pointed out that though Christians were major support base of the outfit in Orissa, the situation was not similar across the country.

'We do not believe in any religion or are attached to any religious groups. We are not in favour of any religion,' he said, claiming Laxamananda was working to revive Brahminism, which was almost disappearing.

Natural target of Maoists
Branding Sangh Parivar as a 'fundamentalist' grouping, the Maoist leader said senior BJP leader L K Advani [ Images ] and VHP's Ashok Singal and Pravin Togadia are 'natural targets' of the Left wing extremists as they are instigating communal passion.

Panda said Maoists were in search of an opportunity to eliminate the three leaders 'as they are instigating communal passion in the country'.

'We will kill the trio whenever a chance is available,' he said.

'These leaders always come to meet the people under the protection of CRPF jawans. Therefore, we could not kill them till now,' Panda, who is the secretary of the state organising committee of CPI (Maoist), said.

Admitting that the Maoists had for the first time intervened in any religious dispute by killing Laxamananda Saraswati, Panda said they wanted to create a casteless society devoid of exploitation where the people would not face discrimination of any kind.

Asked whether Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik was also in the hit-list of Maoists, Panda said: 'No. It is a fact that we are angry with Patnaik for running the government in Orissa at the instruction of BJP leaders. But he is not in our target.'

Oh..converting people in guise of leprosy service is good one? Great!
BTW...next time you brag about "we" Hindus not working with leprosy patients do some research. Ever heard of seva bharati? google it and find out what service they are doing from 30 years.
And yes...we do service but not in the name of religion but in the name of humanity.

Ur ignorance is staggering ,but not unusual .Though there are lot of good work done by Hindus activists and sadhus in the tribal areas but reporting about them is sacrilegious in our secular(idotic) english media.

And I laud their effort. Although I don't see missionaries getting much space in our secular media except for someone who's of Mother Theresa's stature, but still they should be given more space. But all their effort went down the drain at the moment that Vajrangi decided to watch a mini Diwali show.

I'm not much informed about Lakshmananda, let me read about him. But Maoists are anything but Christian stooge.

Last edited:
Why spreading the "Gospel of truth" in guise of helping the leprosy patients?

Why is it wrong? It might be morally wrong in your eyes, but it's not in mine. And frankly, that leprosy patient doesn't care as long as he gets to live.

And honestly, I had never heard of those organisations that you guys mentioned. Maybe these hindu organisations need to market themselves better. :)

Back
Top Bottom