What's new

Sri Lanka to purchase cars manufactured in Pakistan

sorry dude .....we are world renowned as the only south asian country which has the capability to manufacture export quality vehicles like xuv 500 , scorpio , ashok leyland buses,etc ,etc
800px-Asean_India_Car_Rally_While_Reached_Numaligarh.jpg

800px-2june_2007_569.jpg

^^^ tata scorpio in italy

well now u can continue with your discussion ...thank you

sorry to have generalized.. but that was a response to a insecure brat with a huge inferiority complex

sorry dude .....we are world renowned as the only south asian country which has the capability to manufacture export quality vehicles like xuv 500 , scorpio , ashok leyland buses,etc ,etc
800px-Asean_India_Car_Rally_While_Reached_Numaligarh.jpg

800px-2june_2007_569.jpg

^^^ tata scorpio in italy

well now u can continue with your discussion ...thank you
its Mahindra Scorpio dude..

Last edited:
sorry for going off topic, but @Gibbs, check out what Scania (India) Metrolink is developing with local (Bombay based) designer, Dilip Chhabria, for long-distance travel. These would be perfect for tour companies operating from Bandranayike International down the west coast IMO...
w3je.jpg

m4lw.jpg

jmqn.jpg

bnd8.jpg

u0ul.jpg

cgp7.jpg

juj4.jpg

copyright: Scania India + team-bhp.com

sorry for going off topic, but @Gibbs, check out what Scania (India) Metrolink is developing with local (Bombay based) designer, Dilip Chhabria, for long-distance travel. These would be perfect for tour companies operating from Bandranayike International down the west coast IMO...
w3je.jpg

m4lw.jpg

jmqn.jpg

bnd8.jpg

u0ul.jpg

cgp7.jpg

juj4.jpg

copyright: Scania India + team-bhp.com

Very nice.. I think these will run well on the new express way from the airport as you said..

hey dude, I was talking about the buses which built with GoSL and Indian company "Ashok Leyland". Those buses which build joint venture with GoSL has brand name "Lanka Ashok Leyland". These buses have unique noise which you can identify the bus since long distant.

SLTB_CTB_LANGAMA_BUS_REDLINER_GALLE_GL_DEPOT_ASHOK_LEYLAND_LANKA_TURBO_VIKING.JPG

You see it as noise
I see it as modern tech
By hearing it from a distance you can find out when will the bus come
:cheers:

Indus Toyota will start assembling Prius as well. Was said to be end of 2013, but have not seen any indication of that happening soon.

hey dude, I was talking about the buses which built with GoSL and Indian company "Ashok Leyland". Those buses which build joint venture with GoSL has brand name "Lanka Ashok Leyland". These buses have unique noise which you can identify the bus since long distant.

SLTB_CTB_LANGAMA_BUS_REDLINER_GALLE_GL_DEPOT_ASHOK_LEYLAND_LANKA_TURBO_VIKING.JPG
These buses and tuk tuks destroy the entire beauty of Colombo.

These buses and tuk tuks destroy the entire beauty of Colombo.

Those tuk tuks are a bigger menace than the buses.. It's a nightmare driving around Colombo with those and the buses driving like maniacs

Ah.... viking...... You gotta have to take a long distance tour in this bus to feel how awesome this bus is. :tongue:

Do those Pakistani cars run on water?......if yes, then good for Sri-lanka, they don't have to buy diesel....:tup:

Last edited:
I think they arnt wide spread.. As you mentioned Leyland and second hand Japanese mini buses still dominate the roads.. But Colombo inner city have been doing away with them.. You see more Volvo's on the streets nowadays

6034078575_5fc0a494eb.jpg

p1-pic-New-luxury-buses---Pic-by-Nisal-Baduge.jpg

6671541895_a915feeb5b_z.jpg

These Volvo buses are manufactured in Bangalore, India. See the "KA-" registration. No problem that these were manufactured in India?

Good that you can have the taste of corolla made in pakistan.....End of the day it is toyota and they maintain similar standards across the globe.... the decision is political as they can import the similar model from india or china in a lower cost.

Note : Indian automobile companies increase their price (compared to domestic)substantially when they export...

Back
Top Bottom