What's new

Sri Lanka to purchase cars manufactured in Pakistan

o
hey dude, I was talking about the buses which built with GoSL and Indian company "Ashok Leyland". Those buses which build joint venture with GoSL has brand name "Lanka Ashok Leyland". These buses have unique noise which you can identify the bus since long distant.
oh wow .. then you should blame poor srilankan engineering/assembly for all the crappiness that you suffer , not its parent company Ashok leyland India .. 
Some of you people really need to do some research before trying to act smart
You make shyte .. all assembled in SL.. I doubt you even make the sticker "micro"

well good for srilanka....n why are indian posters so concerned about it ??? let em buy watever they want

u mean chines bus assembled in srilanka ..?

The Micro Duo Deck is a double-decker bus designed and manufactured by Micro Cars Ltd following a deal with Chinese suppliers in 2006. The bus features a low floor arrangement, ABS brakes, full air-conditioning and automatic doors. The bus has seating for 102 persons and 26 standing.[7] The engine and chassis are imported with Chinese parts and assembled in Sri Lanka.[8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Cars

Just like Maruti is assembling Japanese Suzukis in India..Question was to show Sri Lankan manufactured buses.. And this is it.. Why are you at so much pain over it? Feeling a bit insecure ?

I knew someone would bring up the whole "crappy" Indian buses on SLs roads BS once again. India makes a wide variety of buses to suit all budgets, so basically, Lanka gets what it can afford, and that's all it could afford for decades. The overwhelming majority of its population still relies on heavily taxed used Japanese imports (discarded after years of use in Japan, and then reconditioned for less-fortunate markets), and your intercity transport network and schedule leaves a LOT to be desired. I can't stand the sight of Lanka Leyland's sturdy buses either, but let's face it - they work just fine in developing markets like ours.

Good for SL's new-found collaboration with the Chinese, but how many of those Micro regular/luxury coaches ply SLs roads? Have any tour operators and/or transport Cos bought them en masse or do they operate in minuscule numbers around the country?

o

oh wow .. then you should blame poor srilankan engineering/assembly for all the crappiness that you suffer , not its parent company Ashok leyland India ..

It's all about those engine in that bus. Go to youtube and search for those buses and listen.

I knew someone would bring up the whole "crappy" Indian buses on SLs roads BS once again. India makes a wide variety of buses to suit all budgets, so basically, Lanka gets what it can afford, and that's all it could afford for decades. The overwhelming majority of its population still relies on heavily taxed used Japanese imports (discarded after years of use in Japan, and then reconditioned for less-fortunate markets), and your intercity transport network and schedule leaves a LOT to be desired. I can't stand the sight of Lanka Leyland's sturdy buses either, but let's face it - they work just fine in developing markets like ours.

Good for SL's new-found collaboration with the Chinese, but how many of those Micro regular/luxury coaches ply SLs roads? Have any tour operators and/or transport Cos bought them en masse or do they operate in minuscule numbers around the country?

I think they arnt wide spread.. As you mentioned Leyland and second hand Japanese mini buses still dominate the roads.. But Colombo inner city have been doing away with them.. You see more Volvo's on the streets nowadays

6034078575_5fc0a494eb.jpg

p1-pic-New-luxury-buses---Pic-by-Nisal-Baduge.jpg

6671541895_a915feeb5b_z.jpg

That looks
I think they arnt wide spread.. As you mentioned Leyland and second hand Japanese mini buses still dominate the roads.. But Colombo inner city have been doing away with them.. You see more Volvo's on the streets nowadays

Yes, I saw a couple of Volvo India B7R LE imports in Colombo the last time I visited.

tata hybrid
tata-hispano-hybrid-bus-11.jpg

Tata-CNG-hybrid-bus.jpg

tata city buses

tata_environment-bus-hybrid.jpg

dtc-tata-marcopolo-bus.jpg-262748d1336664761

Chandigarh_-_Bus_Tata_Marcopolo.png

times are changing friends we dont use old design buses anymore...

tata hybrid
tata-hispano-hybrid-bus-11.jpg

Tata-CNG-hybrid-bus.jpg

tata city buses

tata_environment-bus-hybrid.jpg

dtc-tata-marcopolo-bus.jpg-262748d1336664761

Chandigarh_-_Bus_Tata_Marcopolo.png

times are changing friends we dont use old design buses anymore...

Problem here is there is a massive private bus mafia.. In addition to the dilapidated state run buses.. So even if the authorities are to replace those old style Leylands to theses new models.. There will be huge opposition,agitations and strikes by theses transport mafia unfortunately.. It really is a no win situation

Actually you do.. And your world renowned for it too... Literally :lol:

sorry dude .....we are world renowned as the only south asian country which has the capability to manufacture export quality vehicles like xuv 500 , scorpio , ashok leyland buses,etc ,etc
800px-Asean_India_Car_Rally_While_Reached_Numaligarh.jpg

800px-2june_2007_569.jpg

^^^ mahindra scorpio in italy

well now u can continue with your discussion ...thank you

Last edited:
:rolleyes1:

p1-pic-New-luxury-buses---Pic-by-Nisal-Baduge.jpg

6671541895_a915feeb5b_z.jpg
Origin of Volvo buses ?

Back
Top Bottom