What's new

Sri Lanka to purchase cars manufactured in Pakistan

Skyline

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has concluded an agreement to purchase 100 cars manufactured by Toyota Pakistan, the Sri Lankan High Commissioner to Pakistan Air Chief Marshal Jayalath Weerakkody has informed that country's Finance Minister Ishaq Dar during a meeting held Tuesday in Islamabad.

The High Commissioner has invited the Pakistan Minister for a meeting on Tuesday and they discussed matters of mutual interest during the meeting, the official Pakistan news agency APP said.

During the meeting, they have addressed the Business Economic Forum that was being held on its sidelines and also discussed the upcoming Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) that will be held in Sri Lanka soon.

The Finance Minister expressed his appreciation for the invitation considering it as a reflection of the close fraternal relations that existed between the two countries.

High Commissioner Weerakkody informed Minister Dar that Sri Lanka had concluded an agreement with Pakistan to purchase 100 cars manufactured by Toyota Pakistan.

Finance Minister Dar expressed the confidence that economic ties between the two countries would grow further and thanked the Sri Lankan government for purchasing cars from Pakistan.

Furthermore, both countries could cooperate in the fields of dairy and livestock, housing, and construction, and setting up of sugar industry in Sri Lanka to further strengthen their bilateral economic ties, Sri Lankan envoy pointed out.

These proposals will be discussed at the Joint Ministerial Economic Commission between the two countries that is scheduled to meet in Colombo on November 27-28.

Pakistan Minister reiterated his country's all possible assistance to Sri Lanka in the development of the island's infrastructure and industry.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_13B/Nov05_1383675181CH.php

I read some time back in one of the threads on PDF that Cars are expensive in Pakistan. What makes SL to import Japanese Cars from Pakistan wonders me!

A year ago i believe Srilanka raised import duty on Indian cars and now they are purchasing cars from Pak .
Srilanka has openly displayed their hostility towards us . No Indian should be under any illusion that they are a friendly nation ...

A year ago i believe Srilanka raised import duty on Indian cars and now they are purchasing cars from Pak .
Srilanka has openly displayed their hostility towards us . No Indian should be under any illusion that they are a friendly nation ...

Nobody gets freebees.. You scratch our back we scratch yours.. The more you play petty politics at the cost of bilateral relations expect more repercussions.. And stop crying like bitches when it does

We don't have country based taxing though, I'm still wondering why GoSL is too lazy to kick those crappy Indian buses from our country. ;)

yes, SL under current regime has not just changed the loyalty but showing more hostility towards India...lets see how long it goes like that...

I read some time back in one of the threads on PDF that Cars are expensive in Pakistan. What makes SL to import Japanese Cars from Pakistan wonders me!

cars are expensive in Pakistan for reason of 200% sales tax

We don't have country based taxing though, I'm still wondering why GoSL is too lazy to kick those crappy Indian buses from our country. ;)
Indian buses crappy or not , still runs on road:tup:, show me some sri lankan made buses or may be you should ask your Govt to buy some pakistani buses if you are so impatient ;)

Indian buses crappy or not , still runs on road:tup:, show me some sri lankan made buses or may be you should ask your Govt to buy some pakistani buses if you are so impatient ;)

hey dude, I was talking about the buses which built with GoSL and Indian company "Ashok Leyland". Those buses which build joint venture with GoSL has brand name "Lanka Ashok Leyland". These buses have unique noise which you can identify the bus since long distant.

SLTB_CTB_LANGAMA_BUS_REDLINER_GALLE_GL_DEPOT_ASHOK_LEYLAND_LANKA_TURBO_VIKING.JPG

Last edited:
yes, SL under current regime has not just changed the loyalty but showing more hostility towards India...lets see how long it goes like that...
Don`t know , but couple of events in the past like shooting our fishermen , and now this CHOGM event has really made me a bitter towards them . It seems that our govt ready to alienate our own people in TN to pacify SL. that is making me even more angry. SL won`t stop at that , they are leaning towards China and Pak more and more each day . We must not show them any leniency.

2765245522_9d2fb557e2.jpg

DSC_5542.JPG

http://www.microcars.lk/home/

Some of you people really need to do some research before trying to act smart

u mean chines bus assembled in srilanka ..?

The Micro Duo Deck is a double-decker bus designed and manufactured by Micro Cars Ltd following a deal with Chinese suppliers in 2006. The bus features a low floor arrangement, ABS brakes, full air-conditioning and automatic doors. The bus has seating for 102 persons and 26 standing.[7] The engine and chassis are imported with Chinese parts and assembled in Sri Lanka.[8
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Cars

Back
Top Bottom