What's new

Sri Lanka rejects UN Resolution on International probe

Then you suggest that we have to accept the lies propagated by the US/EU?

I don't know what lies you're so worried about??see,you guys should let them continue the probe.if there's nothing against you,you'll shouldn't have no problem.opposing them will only increase more confusion and suspicion.there is no denying that civilians suffered greatly during war.but how much responcibility your govt should bear,that'll only can be known after any international probe,as nobody certainly going to recognize any internal probe as fair.

some members here wants to drag atrocities of other countries into this.but thats not certainly going to solve the problem.plus,its UN who are going to probe and not US/UK.

Yeah i was wondering the same,Can anyone confirm it??

nope coz China and Russia has already stated they will use their veto power. But any country can individually impose sanctions against Sri Lanka. Any such action will make Sri Lanka move towards to China more and more, so US may start slow reaction against Sri Lanka. They are trying to change the leadership of SL but President Mahinda's popularity is so much higher, so opposition cannot handle that. sometimes ex-president Chandrika will contest next election as common candidate with president Mahinda. That can be the change....? It's difficult to guess at the moment.

Doesnt that indicate that Sri Lanka was involved in war crimes??

No it does not, because internal matters are not considered war.

And innocents too call themselves innocents, it does not mean that they are guilty!

Completely support sirilankan stance here. UN can go take a dump. When the fuuck UN will going to probe war crimes by NATO in afghanistan and Iraq.

I guess, whenever the US wants.

But, wouldn't that implicate the US, along with NATO?? So I guess NEVER.

I hope you will keep the same policy for IOK also and dont act like a hypocrite.

Nope, we won't be hypocrites. To be a hypocrite, we would have to speak against Indian human right violations within India .......... IOK is illegally occupied land, so human right violations there constitute war crimes!

Nope, we won't be hypocrites.
Who is "we" here?? I am talking specifically about her.
To be a hypocrite, we would have to speak against Indian human right violations within India .......... IOK is illegally occupied land, so human right violations there constitute war crimes!
I am not getting what you are trying to say here?? My post was specifically meant for her post.

Who is "we" here?? I am talking specifically about her.

I am not getting what you are trying to say here?? My post was specifically meant for her post.

I was responding as a Pakistani.

Last edited:
Aaand life goes along.. all the politics aside.. Feel really sorry for the homeless gullible idiots.. :D

US, Sri Lanka continue defence ties | Colombo Gazette

The United States and Sri Lanka are continuing defence ties despite the verbal feud between both countries regarding the US sponsored resolution against Sri Lanka adopted at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva last week.

A 20 member US delegation is scheduled to attend a workshop in Colombo which begins tomorrow co-hosted by the Office of the Chief of Defence Staff on behalf of the Ministry of Defence and Urban Development and the United States Pacific Command on behalf of the US Department of Defence.

The Multinational Planning Augmentation Team (MPAT) Tempest Express – 24 Staff Planning Workshop will take place from April 1, 2014 to April 9, 2014 at the Galadari Hotel, army spokesman Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasooriya said.

A total of 23 participants from the Sri Lankan Defence Forces will take part in this exercise with 21 observers from the relevant Ministries and Departments of Sri Lanka in attendance while foreign participants will include 20 officials from the United States of America and representatives from 15 other countries namely, Vietnam, Canada, Bangladesh, Australia, Philippines, New Zealand, Nepal, Maldives, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, Thailand and Japan.

During the exercise the participants from these countries and relevant agencies will consider relevant aspects including as to how they can extend mutual support to each other during natural or man made disasters.

Wanigasooriya said that exercises of this nature promote mutual understanding and interoperability of participating countries and their armed forces and other relevant agencies.

Chief of Defence Staff General J Jayasuriya, Navy Commander Vice Admiral Jayanath Colomboge and the US Ambassador to Colombo Michell J Sisson have been listed to attend the opening and closing ceremonies of the event

but how much responcibility your govt should bear,that'll only can be known after any international probe,as nobody certainly going to recognize any internal probe as fair.

Then do we recognize the international probe as fair if the world do not recognize the internal probe is not fair?

Isn't it the government's responsibility to conduct a probe on a internal matter of a country? Why should SL citizen recognize an entity which is not bound to them by any law to be as fair as it can be?

If international probe is fair why shouldn't they start governing Sri Lanka?

its UN who are going to probe and not US/UK.

And you should know UN is whose lap dog.

Doesnt that indicate that Sri Lanka was involved in war crimes??

How does that indicate what you say?
would india agree for a war crimes investigation in Kashmir?

Saddam Hussein was a war criminal, some of his genocidal campaigns

al-Anfal Campaign -1986 -1989

180,000 Kurds slaughter in North Kurdistan, the Halabja poison gas massacre of 1988 alone killed over 6,000 but Saddam pushed the blame on Iran..

Campaign Against the Marsh Arabs, southeastern Iraq

Shiite Arabs from 250,000 reduced to 30,000

Saddam is still a kid infront of American massacres. US killed 100000 iraqi civilians especially kids and women through santions along during Clinton's time

U mean just coz US did injustice in Iraq, it means there was no War Crimes in SriLanka? Logic?

If your father beats your mother does that mean your neighbour does the same? you qn is a stupid one

How does that indicate what you say?
would india agree for a war crimes investigation in Kashmir?
Kashmir issue is different from Tamil issue.Equating it with Sikh Genocide would be a right comparison.And Srilanka rejecting the probe does indicate that Srilanka was involved in war crimes.

Then do we recognize the international probe as fair if the world do not recognize the internal probe is not fair?
Isn't it the government's responsibility to conduct a probe on a internal matter of a country? Why should SL citizen recognize an entity which is not bound to them by any law to be as fair as it can be?
If international probe is fair why shouldn't they start governing Sri Lanka?

thats absurd logic.if you apply this logi,then UN willn't have any power to punish the wrongdoings.

Kashmir issue is different from Tamil issue.Equating it with Sikh Genocide would be a right comparison.And Srilanka rejecting the probe does indicate that Srilanka was involved in war crimes.

And also Indian abstain of conducting a referendum in Kashmir indicate that India is holding onto something that is not theirs and India is acting against the will of the Kasmiri people. :P

thats absurd logic.if you apply this logi,then UN willn't have any power to punish the wrongdoings.

UN does not have any power to punish anyone for wrong doings.

keep dreaming..No one can do investigations in SL other than SL government.

Back
Top Bottom