What's new

Sri Lanka, Egypt evince interest in India’s Light Combat Aircraft Tejas

yes i know. we vetoed the plan of saab selling the gripen to Argentina. thats what its all about, influence. as for your reply i was simply shutting up a troll. heck the jf-17 too. its engines are Russian. thats not indigenous.
but since the french designed the tejas and sold the designs and the rights they cant do nothing.

French didnt "design" Tejas, ADA's design team was there as well. It acted as consultants. Even now India hires consultants to look at designs, etc. There were several designs then, even ones with canard, which the French were moving on to. ADA can do what it wants very quickly with it's airframe, no need to go through any French bureaucracy. As you can see with twin seater trainers, or levcon/arrestor hook naval version, etc.

Last edited:
Congratulations to HAL, and IAF. It's possible for India to sell the bird to Sri Lanka, and because of the history between India and Egypt, Egypt cn also be a customer (albeit Egypt already operates various "top of the line" birds).
So yes, if Tejas is successfully integrated into the IAF, it will win customers, maybe Israel could be a potential buyer.
do you what are you talking ? I think you know nothing about defence matters. Just start writing without logic . you should think before speak. Egypt can buy the aircraft if Israeli allow too ( Tejas uses Israeli radar ) . 2nd , there is no place of this little bird in Israeli af . They have a lot of more advanced F16I and F15. They are set to receive 5th generation F 35 . So please , don't become a key board warrior. at least make such claims which are practical.

It's still better than claiming chinese jet as yours
Yeah yeah! we admit, we couldn't get the technical help as well as equipment from 5 countries to make our JFT like you guys did with your Tejas :coffee: ... but you know what? our JFT can fly and pretty good also, unlike Tejas who usually prefers walking and waiting for god knows how many future upgrades :tdown:

87625-saab-ja39-gripen.jpg

does this take away gripen's title of being indigenous?

Not more then it does the F-35, which has eleven nations supplying the construction of it.

bi_graphics_f35_02_updated.png

Yet despite this, we still call the F-35 American, because the design is. Tejas is the same and so is Gripen. They may source parts from other nations, but their designs are home grown.

And that's what indigenous means.

Last edited:
do you what are you talking ? I think you know nothing about defence matters. Just start writing without logic . you should think before speak. Egypt can buy the aircraft if Israeli allow too ( Tejas uses Israeli radar ) . 2nd , there is no place of this little bird in Israeli af . They have a lot of more advanced F16I and F15. They are set to receive 5th generation F 35 . So please , don't become a key board warrior. at least make such claims which are practical.
Hi,
As you're new to the forum I'll go easy on you this time.
Israel operates Kfir, which needs replacements, Tejas is a cheaper alternative, plus India would willingly give it to Israel, without ant strings attached to it.
As for Egypt, the radars in planes can be changed.
And I believe replenishment equipment for F-16s are made in Israel, which Egypt uses, so I don't see the issue.
I know a heap ton about defense related matters, at least more than you.

Israel operates Kfir, which needs replacements, Tejas is a cheaper alternative, plus India would willingly give it to Israel, without ant strings attached to it.

Didn't the F-15 replace Kfir in Israeli service?

f15_israel_refueling2.png

rtr4yyxv.jpg

Tejas isn't bad, but it's no replacement for upgraded F-15s either.

Not more then it does the F-35, which has ten nations supplying the construction of the F-35.

bi_graphics_f35_02_updated.png

Yet despite this, we still call the F-35 American, because the design is. Tejas is the same and so is Gripen. They may source parts from other nations, but their designs are home grown.
Excuse me, it's off-topic, but how many things in the F-35 are foreign? Turkey makes the F-16, but it is a contractor, no?, we don't call the F-16 Turkish because of it? F-35 is American, as all the essentials, including the engine are American, Turkey and the lot above will make these, American parts in their own country. That's as far as I know.

Hi,
As you're new to the forum I'll go easy on you this time.
As for Egypt, the radars in planes can be changed.
And I believe replenishment equipment for F-16s are made in Israel, which Egypt uses, so I don't see the issue.
I know a heap ton about defense related matters, at least more than you.
Sir , Please correct your information . Israeli AF has retired its Kfir. Tejas not only uses Israeli radar it also uses many other Israeli avionics. For your kind information. Saab Gripen uses many US and British components . That is why , England vetoed the sale of Gripen to Argentina.

Didn't the F-15 replace Kfir in Israeli service?

f15_israel_refueling2.png

Tejas isn't bad, but it's no replacement for upgraded F-15s either.
I think you're mixing it with Nesher. There's no way Israel can afford to replace Kfir with F-15s, or the F-16s, hence the Tejas.
Edit :
My post is meant in terms of numbers

Sir , Please correct your information . Israeli AF has retired its Kfir. Tejas not only uses Israeli radar it also uses many other Israeli avionics. For your kind information. Saab Gripen uses many US and British components . That is why , England vetoed the sale of Gripen to Argentina.
What has the Gripen, got to do with me?
Kfir is still used as a "lease" plane. And though is withdrawn from active duty, it's still in Israel's arsenal.

I think you're mixing it with Nesher. There's no way Israel can afford to replace Kfir with F-15s, or the F-16s, hence the Tejas.
Edit :

Kfir is still used as a "lease" plane. And though is withdrawn from active duty, it's still in Israel's arsenal.
Sir, you are senior member but you are not understanding simple logic . Tejas is like Gripen. both Gripen and Tejas uses US engines. Tejas uses mix of Israeli and Russian missiles while Gripen uses US missiles . In short , both are so called indigenous ac . British vetoed sale of saab to argentina bcoz gripen uses their components . I think u are mature enough to understand.

Sir, you are senior member but you are not understanding simple logic . Tejas is like Gripen. both Gripen and Tejas uses US engines. Tejas uses mix of Israeli and Russian missiles while Gripen uses US missiles . In short , both are so called indigenous ac . British vetoed sale of saab to argentina bcoz gripen uses their components . I think u are mature enough to understand.
What has Gripen got to do with Indian, Tejas, Israel and Egypt?.
Who will veto sale of Tejas?. America? To an ally and partner?.
I'm not even a Senior Member.

What has Gripen got to do with Indian, Tejas, Israel and Egypt?.
Who will veto sale of Tejas?. America? To an ally and partner?.
I'm not even a Senior Member.
Elbit-furnished DASH helmet-mounted display , multimode mode radar , Rafael ltp , Python and Derby from Israel . How can you sell this Piece to Egypt?

Edit :

There are none Kfir aircrafts in Israeli service.
We got F16,F15 and modified version for those and modified F35 on the way.
As for UAV's in the IAF service: Hermes 450,Hermes 900, Heron, Heron TP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Air_Force
Excuse me, it's off-topic, but how many things in the F-35 are foreign? Turkey makes the F-16, but it is a contractor, no?, we don't call the F-16 Turkish because of it? F-35 is American, as all the essentials, including the engine are American, Turkey and the lot above will make these, American parts in their own country. That's as far as I know.
Israel Aerospace Industries makes the wings for the F35, and the helmet for the F35 is from Elbit systems.
The Israeli version of this aircraft will include many other Israeli systems within the aircraft that are currently under development

Back
Top Bottom