What's new

Sri Lanka, Egypt evince interest in India’s Light Combat Aircraft Tejas

The thought of even trying to export this right now is/should out of question. It just entered production, has to finish delivery to IAF.

Once HAL outsources 80% of the work to private firms like TATA, Mahindra, L&T, etc. and they remain the integrator, sure. By then production should be smoother and stabilized.

HAL is currently in talks with them for major modules like fuselage, wings, etc. Several LRUs, composite structures, etc. have been outsourced to them.

Last edited:
Congratulations to HAL, and IAF. It's possible for India to sell the bird to Sri Lanka, and because of the history between India and Egypt, Egypt cn also be a customer (albeit Egypt already operates various "top of the line" birds).
So yes, if Tejas is successfully integrated into the IAF, it will win customers, maybe Israel could be a potential buyer.
Israel won't buy any foreign aircraft but U.S made for political reasons mostly.
Israel will get F35I and maybe newer versions of F15I in the future

There are none Kfir aircrafts in Israeli service.
We got F16,F15 and modified version for those and modified F35 on the way.
As for UAV's in the IAF service: Hermes 450,Hermes 900, Heron, Heron TP
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Air_Force

Israel Aerospace Industries makes the wings for the F35, and the helmet for the F35 is from Elbit systems
They're still in Israeli arsenal as reserves, or are they completely scrapped?

The wings of F-35 are under contract. How much R&D was done by Israel, I recall Israel made a late entry in the F-35 program. So the wings on the American F-35 are American or Israeli, or American and made in Israel? Like the iPhone, American, but made in China.
Elbit-furnished DASH helmet-mounted display , multimode mode radar , Rafael ltp , Python and Derby from Israel . How can you sell this Piece to Egypt?
You can "tailor" the jet to Egyptian requirements, install American or Russian or European equipment instead, as for missiles, that's optional, they don't come with the jet, buy Russian, American or French missiles instead. It's been done in the past, even Pakistan did it with the F-6s.

yes i know. we vetoed the plan of saab selling the gripen to Argentina. thats what its all about, influence. as for your reply i was simply shutting up a troll. heck the jf-17 too. its engines are Russian. thats not indigenous.
but since the french designed the tejas and sold the designs and the rights they cant do nothing.
the difference is we call it Joint Fighter not indigenous.

The wings of F-35 are under contract. How much R&D was done by Israel, I recall Israel made a late entry in the F-35 program. So the wings on the American F-35 are American or Israeli, or American and made in Israel? Like the iPhone, American, but made in China.
Kfirs weren't scrapped, but they are also not in reserves anymore. They only serve as platforms for possible IAI upgrades for foreign customers.

Israel was not involved in R&D of the F-35 wings at all, but the F-35 helmet is much more than 50% Israeli R&D, though unlike 800+ pairs of wings, the helmet probably isn't going to be produced in Israel.

Israel won't buy any foreign aircraft but U.S made for political reasons mostly.
Israel will get F35I and maybe newer versions of F15I in the future
Maybe, who knows; Israel may opt for a squadron or two of Tejas for strengthening ties with India.

You can "tailor" the jet to Egyptian requirements, install American or Russian or European equipment instead, as for missiles, that's optional, they don't come with the jet, buy Russian, American or French missiles instead. It's been done in the past, even Pakistan did it with the F-6s.
americans are not releasing aim 120 to Egypt . what do you think US will ever give aesa or pesa to them? Replace the HUD , Replace the radar , replace the laser targeting pod , replace the missile . There is a limit to replacement . you cant replace whole systems.

Not all the F35 wings are produced in Israel but large amount of them.
Israel didn't take any part of the R&D for those wings
Israel Aerospace Industries are selling modified kfir's worldwide to countries like colombia,ecuador and sri lanka

Maybe, who knows; Israel may opt for a squadron or two of Tejas for strengthening ties with India.
Im sorry, but that won't happen.
I believe our ties, atleast in the military and trade aspects, are strong as it is

americans are not releasing aim 120 to Egypt . what do you think US will ever give aesa or pesa to them? Replace the HUD , Replace the radar , replace the laser targeting pod , replace the missile . There is a limit to replacement . you cant replace whole systems.
Then go for French systems, or British, the thing is, you can replace most systems. The MIG-21-93 is such an example.
http://www.mig-21.de/english/technicaldataupgrades.htm
Here are all the MiG-21 upgrades.
The F-16 Sufa is another example.
BTW, you can replace all of the above things that you mentioned.

F16I is almost another aircraft compared to the American version.
Almost every system in this aircraft is Israeli
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/f-16i/

Then go for French systems, or British, the thing is, you can replace most systems. The MIG-21-93 is such an example.
http://www.mig-21.de/english/technicaldataupgrades.htm
Here are all the MiG-21 upgrades.
The F-16 Sufa is another example.
BTW, you can replace all of the above things that you mentioned.
your imagination of selling tejas to Israel has been busted by Israeli members. no kfirs are in service . you are not understanding the similarity b/w Tejas and Gripen . without all these sub systems , tejas will only be a flying junk. by the way , I am short of time .Ok . Good night.

F16I is almost another aircraft compared to the American version.
Almost every system in this aircraft is Israeli
Israel can replace all sub systems but can Egypt replace all sub systems ? hell no

Not all the F35 wings are produced in Israel but large amount of them.
Israel didn't take any part of the R&D for those wings
Israel Aerospace Industries are selling modified kfir's worldwide to countries like colombia,ecuador and sri lanka

Im sorry, but that won't happen.
I believe our ties, atleast in the military and trade aspects, are strong as it is
So most probably, Israel supplies wings and components of the F-35 outside of the US. And it does not effect the indigenousness of the F-35 what so ever?.

Who knows, Israel is unpredictable, that's what made it survive all through these years. Then again, we can't compare the pinnacle of American engineering with a plane which isn't given serious attention by the country it's made/ assembled in.

your imagination of selling tejas to Israel has been busted by Israeli members. no kfirs are in service . you are not understanding the similarity b/w Tejas and Gripen . without all these sub systems , tejas will only be a flying junk. by the way , I am short of time .Ok . Good night.

Israel can replace all sub systems but can Egypt replace all sub systems ? hell no
Just because you said it, doesn't mean it has happened. There are potential customers for the plane, like it or not.

That's why India will replace the sub systems for foreign customers. Hence the jet is "tailored" for Egypt. Armenia, is also a potential buyer. And so are few other countries.

So most probably, Israel supplies wings and components of the F-35 outside of the US. And it does not effect the indigenousness of the F-35 what so ever?.

Who knows, Israel is unpredictable, that's what made it survive all through these years. Then again, we can't compare the pinnacle of American engineering with a plane which isn't given serious attention by the country it's made/ assembled in.

Just because you said it, doesn't mean it has happened. There are potential customers for the plane, like it or not.

That's why India will replace the sub systems for foreign customers. Hence the jet is "tailored" for Egypt. Armenia, is also a potential buyer. And so are few other countries.
I think u must be marketing manager for Tejas. Not only Israel and Egypt, even USAF can buy Tejas. :omghaha:.

Back
Top Bottom