What's new

Sri Lanka Economy Shines as India and Pakistan Lag

I have to admit that I am impressed by the development of Sri Lanka.
But I am not surprised that Sri Lanka is doing much better than countries like
Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
By the way does whole Sri Lanka look like Colombo of this video?

I have to admit that I am impressed by the development of Sri Lanka.
But I am not surprised that Sri Lanka is doing much better than countries like
Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
By the way does whole Sri Lanka look like Colombo of this video?

nooooope: whole Sri Lanka is not look like Colombo..........

The LTTE downfall was not because they went conventional. They were an equal match for the conventional SLA in 4th eelam war. But their downfall laid with the innovative gurrella tactics of SLA.

How is that LTTE can match conventional SLA in head to head fight, who are armed with big guns, jets and navy ships......not to mention its all backed by a large logistical chain.

How is that LTTE can match conventional SLA in head to head fight, who are armed with big guns, jets and navy ships......not to mention its all backed by a large logistical chain.
Because Sinhalas are incredibly weak people, most struggle to carry a conventional light machine gun.

Well even though LTTE was numerically inferior comparing to the Sri Lanka army, SLA had to guard the entire island including the front lines. Whereas LTTE only had to defend a limited fronts and they had a sufficient reserve force to counter any incursion by the SLA. So SLA was having limited capacity in conducting successful offensive operations. This is why we see lot of bloody combat and defeats of SLA in third Eelam war.

It is also important to note that LTTE was having large number of mortars and heavy artillery which could have brought on SLA. This means that SLA would suffer causalities with out even engaging LTTE head on. Which is kind a bad for SLA where there is not sufficient reserves for offensive warfare.

But the most difficult of all was LTTE earth bund defenses. They were relatively easy to build and operate but very costly to breach. These were similar to the trench warfare of WW1. LTTE had lond running earth bund defenses from Western seaboard to Eastern seaboard.

So when SLA introduced the unconventional warfare. LTTE faced the similar situation the SLA has faced. Which was to divert the man power to protect there interior rather than the fronts. So LTTE man power spread thinly across their areas and SLA easily punctured LTTE defense lines and moved inwards.

Back
Top Bottom