What's new

Sri lanka development News/Pics

I know its your home village.

DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR VILLAGE IN MY THREAD!!!

THIS IS MY THREAD AND I'LL POST WHAT I LIKE. IF YOU WANT TO POST PICTURES, GO MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD!!

WHAT PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND?

LOL ..............I have no words to explain your stupidity! I won't disturb you .
you can carry on your show! haha

z_fin350.jpg

DSCF5919-2.jpg

DSCF5922-2-600x400.jpg

i can`t see there is anything wrong with this thread..Thanks for pics AP ...Can`t understand why some SLns are trolling here

i can`t see there is anything wrong with this thread..Thanks for pics AP ...Can`t understand why some SLns are trolling here

Some Lankans are trolling here ?? You gotta be kidding!!.. There is only one supposedly Lankan trolling here.. Have you even tried to comprehend his postings ?? 12 lane high ways in Colombo!! :lol:

Sri Lanka Railways has planned to complete the next segment from Kilinochchi to Pallai (40 km) by 1st of March and the present Yaal Devi services from Fort to Kilinochchi would be extended up to Palai, disclosed Mr. B.A.P. Ariyaratne, General Manager of Railways.

A ballast train reached Palai on October 5, 2013 achieving another milestone of the progressing Northern Railway restoration project.

The train, when it drove in from Killinochchi to reach Palai made history giving hope to many thousands of residents of the area that the resumption of train services would soon recommence.

According to the construction agency, Ircon International Limited, the track works between Killinochchi and Palai are fully completed with a few finishing touches left to be completed shortly.

Mr. Ariyaratne when contacted told Asian Tribune that the entire re-construction of the Northern Line (from Omanthai to Kankesanthurai – (146 Km ) will be completed before June 2014.

He added that that the train services up to Jaffna would commence before the Sinhala Tamil New Year in 2014.
Asian Tribune observed that the railway track has been already laid up to Navatkuli and the construction of many new railway stations are continuing.

Earlier, on 14th September 2013, President Mahinda Rajapkasa officially commenced the train service from Omanthai Railway Station to Kilinochchi Station after a lapse of 23 years and dedicated to the public of Sri Lanka.

Earlier in May 2013, Sri Lanka Railways completed the re-construction of first 43 km section of the Talaimannar Line from Meadwachchiya to Madhu Road. The next 65 km section of this line is expected to be completed soon.

Palai_5.jpg

Palai_6.jpg

Palai_2.jpg

Palai_3.jpg

Palai_4.jpg

Palai_7.jpg

Palai_8.jpg

Northern SrI lanka (aka former war zone).

Entering 'Omanthai'.

The old and the new railway-bridges at 'Omanthai'.

Army War Memorial, Kilinochchi.

Playground, Kilinochchi.

Tallest Christmas tree on the Island, Kilinochchi.

Sri Lanka is definitely a lot cleaner compared to the other Nations of South Asia. But other than that,not much difference I feel. Anyways, nice to see the OP start a positive thread for once.

Sri Lanka is definitely a lot cleaner compared to the other Nations of South Asia. But other than that,not much difference I feel. Anyways, nice to see the OP start a positive thread for once.

Pictures I posted above are northern sri lanka. Its more dirty. It's the former war zone.

Back
Top Bottom