What's new

Sri Lanka approves construction on stalled Chinese port project

The general Chinese exuberance against India in this thread is quite amusing. Colombo port city project, a purely non-military one which in no way threatened India's regional security interests, was cancelled by the present government for corruption charges and environmental concerns and has been given a go ahead by the present government for they might have found no objection in it. The Indian establishment was in no way influential in halting the deal, neither they had anything to do with the consequent Sri Lankan decision. Sri Lankans will do whatever suits there national interest; Indians do not live in the 80's anymore.

You see the indian brag about how modi has managed to drive Chinese out a month ago and make Sri lanka a sphere of influence. Now the project is back, that means modi fail again? :lol:

This has nothing to do with Modi or Indian Government, its not a military construction.. India had no hands in stalling the project. and can you post me the link for this news.. i found this news in only one site which was posted yesterday!!! why no other source is reporting it???

We must ignore false flaggers like @isupportap . He is not Indian.

I hope SL can solve the issues and get the port built. Any investment is good investment.

The general Chinese exuberance against India in this thread is quite amusing. Colombo port city project, a purely non-military one which in no way threatened India's regional security interests, was cancelled by the present government for corruption charges and environmental concerns and has been given a go ahead by the present government for they might have found no objection in it. The Indian establishment was in no way influential in halting the deal, neither they had anything to do with the consequent Sri Lankan decision. Sri Lankans will do whatever suits there national interest; Indians do not live in the 80's anymore.
It was the Indians who were bragging about modi stopping the project. :bunny:

@Gibbs seems like you were right.

It was the Indians who were bragging about modi stopping the project. :bunny:

@Gibbs seems like you were right.

Yes Indians also did these things but only after SL newspapers & members insisted that it was us who threw the previous govt out & stopped this purely commercial project

You are a false flag simple as that

good for Lanka and good for china, but if something wrong happens to Lanka and china claims that this port city is part of greater china and restricts the Lankans from coming to this city or makes it a no fly zone for the lankans, or for the indians, then it will be a nasty situation, then India may Declere no fly zone for the Lankan carriers, and again mistrust will built, a peaceful lanka is in the interest of india, and few lankans think that india is made up of tamils, lanka should take steps like an elephant, if it goes on a rampage, there will be destruction, there are as many well wishers in india for sri lanka, if sri lankans jump in to conclusions then it is your problem, the new govt in india understands the problems of lanka, previous indian PM's were very europeanised and did not care for our south Asian culture and the present PM of india respects the dharmic religions, remember indians(except few tamils) dont hate lankans, and we expect the same, you prosper but not harming the security of our nation, india was angry with you when you sided with pakistan in 1971 war, and now you are siding with the chinese to teach india a lesson, better i wish you will learn the lesson from the chinese

Idiot who are you calling a cheerleader. Read my posts above. Go to other threads and see how I expose false flaggers who troll Indians.

@Dr. Sen see this.

Arrey yaros, isko chor do. This is one of the most decent Pakistanis here. Spend some time to know him.

Now our nuclear submarines can resupply on their Indian Ocean patrols to help Sri Lanka and Maldives take down the elephant!

You're going to resupply your nuke subs in a Port City????:lol::lol:

Kid both are different projects... as for this news there's no confirmation, no other source is reporting this huge news including chinese sites. if its real then good for China.. this project is purely civilian use so no threat for india, as for the nuke subs docking in Sri lanka , it not going to happen till the current government stays in power

Back
Top Bottom