What's new

Indian fishermen will be shot if they cross border, says Sri Lankan PM

That means Indian fishermen can sail to Katchatheevu island and take rest and hence they can not be arrested if they are found in the island or the waters in the vicinity. So I can fish in Indian waters and with my catch go to katchatheevu for rest and drying up the net and return to India without any hassles. It will be difficult to prove whether i caught the fish in indian or lankan water. I hope the Lankans are not arresting the fishermen from around this island but elsewhere.
Meri behen,we will show our new Policy of" Shoot first and ask later".Then let's see.What happens next!

Thats where the problem is. Most of the arrest happen in and around that Island, giving away fishing rights worth thousands of years to Indian fishermens.
TN govt wasnt consulted, and moreover, till recently like 2007, Indian fishermens were still fishing out there, when SL Navy started killing Indian fishermens regularly, till it stopped in 2011. Nearly 400 fishermens lost their lives.

We cant take back the Island, but we can get a agreement on allowing fishermens in that area. Win win for all.

Indian Fishermen use deep sea trawlers which kill the marine ecosystem,secondly until 2007 indian fishermen paid mamool to LTTE and they were fishing,after LTTE's demise SL government wont let them do it.

Indian fishermen are arrogant,they dont respect the Indian coast guard who try and dissuade them from crossing the Indian border.

They deserve the bullets of the srilankan navy.

Vast majority of people in Tamil Nadu have thier own issues to be dealt with.. It's the political class of TN that tries to keep the Sri Lankan Tamil issue burning for thier own ulterior motives.. And of cause the poaching done by TN fishermen in Sri Lankan waters by these organised crime syndicates.. Most of the bottom trawling fleets are owned by TN politicians or by those connected to them.. Ordinary fishermen cannot afford those.. That is another reason why they want to keep Indo Lanka relations at a attritional phase

All Sri Lankan Tamil refugee's in TN need to be repatriated home at their free will.. They are Lankan citizens

It is the catholic church which funds the tamil separatism in both mainland and srilanka.

Indian Fishermen use deep sea trawlers which kill the marine ecosystem,secondly until 2007 indian fishermen paid mamool to LTTE and they were fishing,after LTTE's demise SL government wont let them do it.

Indian fishermen are arrogant,they dont respect the Indian coast guard who try and dissuade them from crossing the Indian border.

They deserve the bullets of the srilankan navy.

It is the catholic church which funds the tamil separatism in both mainland and srilanka.

Something very important fact that most Indians are ignorant about.. LTTE hierarchy was almost 90% Catholic.. The Church were the main backers of the separatist movement.. Also they were instrumental in lobbying the Western capitals and politicians for thier support

Something very important fact that most Indians are ignorant about.. LTTE hierarchy was almost 90% Catholic.. The Church were the main backers of the separatist movement.. Also they were instrumental in lobbying the Western capitals and politicians for thier support

Exactly.The church wanted separation of TN in both Tamilnadu & Srilanka,reasons for that are so so many.

LTTE was largely a christian organization which makes a fool out of hindus,who went and did suicide bombing.

Again getting caught to rhetoric mate ? Sometimes when people posts the same BS over and over again makes you doubt your own good sense.. I know..

Name a single project that has been cancelled ? All suspended pending clearances that were not done by the previous regime.. For obvious reasons of kickbacks.. How is suspending the biggest Indian investment project in Colombo pleasing India ? Guess why the trolls dont highlight those.. Sampur wont go ahead either.. It's environmental clearance will not be passed.. The Port project will get the green light by Wednesday.. Just wait and see.. Lotus tower will be completed.. It's already 30% built
No green light yet :P

No green light yet :P

Hhaha.. Be patient mate.. These are subtle issues to be handled with care.. :D

Sri Lanka approves construction on stalled Chinese port project | The BRICS Post

Port city filing continues to prevent erosion ::: Dailymirror.lk ::: Breaking News

C'mon now.. By now you should know that i wont proclaim anything without a valid reason.. I do have some inside info.. :smokin:.. Ignore the wordings though.. All these prevention of erosion blah blah is the pacify the nay sayers.. There are still some legal issues to be cleared, Ie :The filling was granted for 300 acres but somehow they have got it passed arbitrarily for 500.. And there are injunctions filed in court of Appeal by Environmental groups not the Govt per se

Now if MR was in power those people would have been visited by a white van to be never heard of again.. But that not how it works now is it.. Thats why the people wanted a different way of governance

Mark my words the project will go full steam ahead by the end of the Month after President Sirisena's state visit to Beijing..:D

Btw Mate, You never answered my question ?? Why does'nt the resident Lankan troll ever post news about the Indian investments thats are been suspended or under investigation ? What do you think his modus operandi is ? :azn:

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom