What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

Amir's age could save him from harsh punishment
Even if found guilty in the spot-fixing scandal, young fast bowling sensation Mohammad Amir could get away lightly because luck and age is on his side.
International Cricket Council (ICC) chief Haroon Lorgat and former English skipper Nasir Hussain hinted that Amir’s age could be a consideration in deciding the quantum of punishment if the spot-fixing allegations against the Pakistani trio are proved.
Lorgat shared the same view and said Amir’s age would be a factor in deciding the quantum of punishment.
“In my own honest personal view, yes, I think age would come into account in these matters,” Lorgat said.

Dunya TV - Pakistan | Amir's age could save him from harsh punishment

It is strange that after the Haroon Lorgat saying of Amir's case, "In my own honest personal view, yes I would think age would come into account in these matters. But that is something the independent tribunal will have to decide upon."

Why Shafqat Rana Said like This ?

Plenty of Former Players think Amir should be Given Second Chance.

All this statements are meaning less untill he is proven guilty !! Though it did be a shame if a bowler like him has his career ended/shortened.

If found guilty, Amir, Asif and Butt must be banned from ALL forms of cricket.

They have brought on us great national disgrace.

Oh and no, Amir isn't so immature.... anyone watched how he applied "saw-dust" to the tracks after bowling the no-balls? Even called that day the best day in his life, without a shred of guilt. once a person has no guilt or shame, he is no longer too young to be punished.

If found guilty, they should be banned from all forms and all levels of the game.

Oh and no, Amir isn't so immature.... anyone watched how he applied "saw-dust" to the tracks after bowling the no-balls? Even called that day the best day in his life, without a shred of guilt. once a person has no guilt or shame, he is no longer too young to be punished.

If found guilty, they should be banned from all forms and all levels of the game.

You might be true, but as a cricket lovers I'd hate to see no more cricket from this guy. There's should be some kinda awesomeness concession here! :p

Hi,

I beleive, Pak Gov of Pak should eradicate the root cause rather then than the effect. PCB has been implicated with vast irregularity and corruption.So i beleive rather than implicating players, it shoould be investigated in a more mico level to find out the real culprit. The role of the board should also be properly examined by ICC and anti corruption team.

And relating to the age, i beleive that all persons who are team member of Paksistan team, they know that match fixing is a matter of bringing down the image of their country.It is not simply a matter of money only. It is a matter of bringing disrepute to the whole nation.I think Amir is too matured enough to understand it. But again, if Pak friends are thinking Mohd Ameer is too important than bringing national shame to the nation,then it is again their call.....

Last edited:

it would be too harsh to ban amir for life as this could be his only crime. i got no sympathy for the other two. you got to understand who let these players loose? i think more than players, it's the administrators who needs to be taken into task. it's like in school if your headmaster & teachers are not strict with you, you are going to go wild.. right? same goes here as well..

But i beleive than Nothing is going to happen in long run. And the reason is once this series is over, PCB will claim that this is an RAW propaganda and players and all Pak players are innocent. Surprisingly, i have observed that Paksitan friends prefers more to become Anti Indian rather than patriot Pakstanis. For them whatsever is anti indian, this is suitable for them and that factor is really dragging their cricket to backward.....God save such a talented team like Pakstan....

Imran Khan says that he was the captain from 82' to 92' and no match fixing allegations on the team during that time. When he left 2 yers later in 94' the claims started, almost the same team he had left in 92' was now allegedly fixing matches. There is no smoke without fire, the PCB didnot take the required action at that time because it would mean banning Pakistan's best cricketers from the world champion side of that time. The team wouldn't have performed good if these guys were taken out and eventualy the PCB would have come under fire for the teams bad show. This happens only in our country that the Chairman of the board is asked to resign when team doesnot play well, chairman is an administrator and has nothing to do with how the team plays, anyhow since the system is wrong the players were allowed to play on so the PCB guys could save their positions. This is the reason why we stand where we stand today.

Imran Khan mentions 1 incidence about match fixing in his team and how he dealt with it. MUST WATCH

Last edited by a moderator:
Afridi says players aware of 'fix' dangers

CARDIFF: Pakistan one-day captain Shahid Afridi insisted Monday his players had been educated by officials over the dangers of corruption as the 'spot-fixing' row engulfing his side rumbled on.

Some pundits have questioned whether Pakistan's players have been made properly aware of the risks of possible corruption.

But Afridi, speaking to reporters at Sophia Gardens here on Monday ahead of the second Twenty20 international at the ground on Tuesday, said: “The people are coming from the ICC (International Cricket Council) and they are always talking about these things.

“If you have any problems, you definitely go straight to the (team) manager and talk to him.

“I think we all know about these things so I think the people from ICC are doing their work.”

20100907_03.jpg

Analysing the conspiracy against Pakistani Players:

Salman Butt, was the leading batsmen that lead Pakistani resistance against England in 3rd test

His 48 runs inning in second half , ensured that Pakistani team did not collapsed and they reached the target

Amir was instrumental , in making sure that England did not post a huge total , in second innings his 5 wickets destroyed England

Asif's also contributed with 3 wickets

So a question , remains to be asked is THE REAL BOOKIES
how much did they BET on the game that England will clean sweep Pakistan with 4-0 Margin ? ? ?

And when Pakistan made the series into a 2-1 , and also by the 4th test match ... Pakistan had full grip on the test match !!!

107/7 runs ?

What kind of a criminal HOLD they had on Mazhar Majeed

There is no DATE on the Mr Mazhar counting cash video
It could have been made after the game or nb were bowled.

After day 2 , the alleged video is made - and then sent to press to release it just as Pakistan is about to commence their innings ???

Also the exact amount of funds form player's room is not clear
could be 100 dollars or 2000 dollars but as a player agent he can give them cash for any money he owed to players form past work done.

The fact that a SECOND video was release proofs that the MAFIA is insisting HARD to some how cancel some match results so they don't have to pay ppl who bet England will not win seires 4-0

When PAKISTAN was 107/7 advantage the mafia played a card to prevent Pakistan moving to 2-2 series draw , which was this ALLEGED operation.

And which players were thron in Bookies goals ??

See I looked at the time line , the moment this "STING operation was launched" concides with Pakistani Batting start !!

Scotlandyard should be looking into mafias who betted in Pakistan losing series 3-1 and froget about the noball as there is no evidence that the videos were made prior to day 2

This was started to ensure Pakistan would 100% lose the final test

When Pakistan was 107/7 Bookies GOT MILLIONS AND MILLIONS from fans who predicted that Pakistan would win the series ....

Now that , Pakistan was down 400 runs ...... the only way bookies could get THAT millions and millions was to ENSURE 100% that Pakistan would lose.

But they could not get that Millions ... if Pakistani Batting also batted well so they needed a plan to desettle that solid batting lineup , specially with Butt

After day 2 , they knew which no balls were bowled they made a video with Mazhar and sent copies to local press who is also in with Mafia , obviously Mazhar was promised
$$ from Mafia in cooperation to make the video.

Remember these are same ppl who also later tried to blackmail Hameed to say something else they will show his video drinking wine to public coersion

So 100% I am positive that Pakistani team members are innocent -

Motives???

Mafia makes 150-400 million , if Pakistan lose series 3-1 will lose it if Pakistan draws 2-2

Mazhar , gets 10 millions for his part notice how easily he was bailed out or perhaps he was threten to be killed by Mafia unless he cooperated or he calculated that if he went with the Mafia he would have 10 times as much as being just a sponsor to players he will get investigated and nothing more , will earn 10 millon dollars CASH ....

Pakistani players can go to ..... its not his job he got paid , that is what agents care about getting paid

See if the NEW company was honest they would have reported the incident to police prior to day 1 , not after day 2 ... when all no balls were bowled already

Also in the money swap video , majeed looks at camera 2-3 times and also there are multiple editor cuts like if it was a real video it would be continuous not a video with multiple cuts , the person was looking directly into camera 1-2 times, and at time of cash exchange the clothese he wore were different then when he had in first video

Its like two different time videos ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom