What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

I was really upset when I first heard of the allegations, I knew there was something fishy going on, the way Pakistanis were playing was like schoolboys practicing in nets, having said that this is Pakistans worst defeat against England in their history.

I am just hoping the allegations are false, if proven they are true they are very damaging for Pakistans cricket and the world.

As this has been exposed. Watch the Indian Cricket to start winning again..the whole bookie business of operations run through their. Pakistan unfortunately is their easiest target to practice on.

pakistani players are the easiest target for the simple reason being these guys don't earn as much as other players from the big cricketing nations earn. there is no doubt that all these big bookies are india based, but even they wont be able to buy current indian players considering the fact that these guys are the richest cricketers in the planet. they dont need couple of hundred pounds from bookies when they earn millions of dollars legally.

r u still blaming the Indians on this ? common atleast leave us out of this for once, the plague is in the PCB not the BCCI. Dont bring India into this , we have nothing to do with Mr.Amer no balls.

Zaid Hamid just called me, said this is a CIA/MOSSAD/RAW conspiracy. :lol:

You are talking as if you are spoken person of Indian bookies & Co. ;)

Bookies exist where there is excessive money changing hands, and right now India has more cricket money than almost all other nations combined. This latest report implicates the PCB and Indian bookmakers, not the BCCI.

The IPL mess is enough the shame the BCCI. This incident stoops below that.

pakistani players are the easiest target for the simple reason being these guys don't earn as much as other players from the big cricketing nations earn. there is no doubt that all these big bookies are india based, but even they wont be able to buy current indian players considering the fact that these guys are the richest cricketers in the planet. they dont need couple of hundred pounds from bookies when they earn millions of dollars legally.

Good way to keep players away from greed. The best way to keep people honest is to pay them well.

Which cricketers are usually attracted to money? One can look at the failed experiment of the ICL by Zee for that. While ex-India and ex-Australia players used the ICL to make some money - some of the best Pakistani players played for ICL. Infact, the Lahore team of ICL could give the Pakistani national team a run - it included the likes of Inzamam, Imran Farhat, Rana Naved, Abdur Razzaq, Mohd. Sami, Azhar Mahmood etc. The only other team with so many members going AWOL was Bangladesh. Pakistani, Bangla, Zimbabwe and to a lesser extent NZ make the lowest cricketing wages - while the rest make big bucks. Hence, these teams are easy targets.

actually, i think it's more like Brazil.....you have poor kids on the street making makeshift wickets, using a soggy tennis ball wrapped in electric tape, using a beaten up bat with threads sticking out of it; that is where the real passion lies

in Pakistan, cricket comes not far behind religion....like how futbol is in Brazil.

We have the talent; unlike in other cultures, we are not in it for the money or for greed. If these men are guilty, they should be held accountable

but as usual, the indians come barging in and jump to conclusions even on the 2nd day of the report being leaked. Let the facts come in, and let people who REALLY have a say in the matter ---have their say!!

dont turn this into some kind of flame war against Pakistani cricket players and what have you....unless you logged in just to troll and be an annoying cochroach.

Last edited:

My point exactly.

As for others stop crying just because i mentioned India. Face the reality. :tup:

pakistani bowler aamer has amazing talent,in starting he got trapped.very bad indeed.

Zaid Hamid just called me, said this is a CIA/MOSSAD/RAW conspiracy. :lol:

That showz how much you people like Zaid hamid !!:azn:

Main ne us ka show aik baar dekha tha aur aik he baat achi lagi thi.

I wanna see this :pakistan: on the LAL QILA :azn:

We have the talent; unlike in other cultures, we are not in it for the money or for greed.

That is not a logical conclusion. With passion comes the money and greed. Cricketers are the most overpaid sports-persons in the subcontinent. Let's remove the central contract and slash match fees by 90%. Ban them from appearing in advertisements. Now let's see how passionate people are for the sport.

If an English, NZ or SA player is in the sport for money, they will be playing rugby, football or the like.

but as usual, the indians come barging in and jump to conclusions even on the 2nd day of the report being leaked.

Do you mean outside of this thread? I read this news on British newspapers last night. There were videos out on youtube soon after that. The usual hungry-for-sensational-news TOI was pretty slow in getting to it. You are probably venting your frustration, but slightly misplaced out here.

Back
Top Bottom