What's new

Spectacular video of US 747 Cargo plane crash in Afghanistan

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
This one I thought was one of the most spectacular videos of a giant Boeing 747 stalling whilst taking off from Bagram AFB, Afghanistan.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for 'shooting it down' which is laughable. This is clearly a case of engine failure resulting in a stall due to the high angle of attack. Check it out....

What if the bullets fired from ground caused the engine failure?
i suppose, bullets can pierce the body of this aircraft at such height.

This one I thought was one of the most spectacular videos of a giant Boeing 747 stalling whilst taking off from Bagram AFB, Afghanistan.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for 'shooting it down' which is laughable. This is clearly a case of engine failure resulting in a stall due to the high angle of attack. Check it out....

Straps holding MRAPs snapped causing load imbalance in the cargo bay, thus altering the load balance beyond control. You can see the engines struggling since the angle of the plane was upwards and banking right. Load imbalance right there.

Big fiery fireball.

There is no smoke. This jet is in a stall, maybe some some serious malfunction caused it.

There is no smoke. This jet is in a stall, maybe some some serious malfunction caused it.
The most probable cause per accident investigators is as follows:
The cargo included 4 MRAPs, which were either not secured well enough or had a failure in the strapping that held them firmly in place. During takeoff, the MRAPs rolled backwards towards the cargo bay, resulting in a shift of the Centre of Gravity of the Plane, causing it to pitch up higher than normal, resulting in a stall. Since the Plane hadn't picked altitude, there was no way it could be recovered from the stall.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for 'shooting it down' which is laughable. This is clearly a case of engine failure resulting in a stall due to the high angle of attack.
No doubt, Taliban are big liars and shameless creature on earth.

The most probable cause per accident investigators is as follows:
The cargo included 4 MRAPs, which were either not secured well enough or had a failure in the strapping that held them firmly in place. During takeoff, the MRAPs rolled backwards towards the cargo bay, resulting in a shift of the Centre of Gravity of the Plane, causing it to pitch up higher than normal, resulting in a stall. Since the Plane hadn't picked altitude, there was no way it could be recovered from the stall.
Could the crew have opened the remote controlled rear bay doors to eject the cargo since it was free anyway? Probably time was short and the situation confusing.

Imagine the horror of the crew as the plane was heading downward!

Back
Top Bottom