What's new

Spectacular video of US 747 Cargo plane crash in Afghanistan

Stupid, a 747- 400F has front cargo doors,

Tell me, how do you open a 747 nose door or side cargo door against the air stream whilst in flight Mr Clever? This is reality not a James Bond movie.

Secondly, whilst loss of engine thrust can indirectly lead to a stall, it will not directly as you implied.

Last edited:
Tell me, how do you open a 747 nose door or side cargo door against the air stream whilst in flight Mr Clever? This is reality not a James Bond movie.

Secondly, whilst loss of engine thrust can indirectly lead to a stall, it will not directly as you implied.
What airstream? What would be the speed of the aircraft in a stall, wise guy??

What would be the speed of the aircraft in a stall, wise guy??

Ok, I'll entertain your thoughts.

OEW: 166t
FOB: 50t (being conservative, a normal commercial flight of this duration would carry 30t)
Payload: 80t
TOW:296t

Given the improved climb takeoff procedure the flight crew would use, a lower flap setting would be used to improve second segment climb.

I don't have the METAR from the day at hand but stall speed in their configuration would be around 150 knots.

Now with all that said, given that this aircraft was a BCF and did not have a nose door, can you quote me the procedure from a Boieng/FAA approved flight manual detailing the procedures to open a cargo door in flight? (Whilst battling G effects, climbing down ladders etc all within a few seconds)

Last edited:
Ok, I'll entertain your thoughts.

Now with all that said, given that this aircraft was a BCF and did not have a nose door,

boeing747freighter_4.jpg

The 747-400F has a main deck nose door and a mechanized cargo handling system. The nose door swings up so that pallets or containers up to 40 ft (12 m) can be loaded straight in on motor-driven rollers. A lower deck ("belly") side door allows loading of unit load devices (ULD) up to 1,63 m height.

And it was carrying armored vehicles and mine sweepers. Could they have been loaded through the side doors? Naah!

Nuff said.

This Video truly explains why the US would rather leave those MRAPS behind......:azn:
The most probable cause per accident investigators is as follows:
The cargo included 4 MRAPs, which were either not secured well enough or had a failure in the strapping that held them firmly in place. During takeoff, the MRAPs rolled backwards towards the cargo bay, resulting in a shift of the Centre of Gravity of the Plane, causing it to pitch up higher than normal, resulting in a stall. Since the Plane hadn't picked altitude, there was no way it could be recovered from the stall.

This Video truly explains why the US would rather leave those MRAPS behind......:azn:

The 747-400F has a main deck nose door and a mechanized cargo handling system. The nose door swings up so that pallets or containers up to 40 ft (12 m) can be loaded straight in on motor-driven rollers. A lower deck ("belly") side door allows loading of unit load devices (ULD) up to 1,63 m height.
And it was carrying armored vehicles and mine sweepers. Could they have been loaded through the side doors? Naah!

Smart guy, the aircraft that crashed at Bagram was N949CA. It was delivered to Air France on the 10th February 1992 as a passenger jet configured with 436 seats (F-GISE). In 2007, Air France withdrew it from pax service and had it converted under the BCF conversion to a Freighter variant. It was later stored due to 2008/9 economyu crisis and transferred to Air Atlanta and ultimately National. It did NOT have a nose door.

See the loading of M-ATV vehicles through side door here:

091107-F-3886B-179.JPG

Again, even if a 747F had a nose door as some factory built models, do, how does a loadmaster/pilot raise the nose door and unload cargo in-flight?

Back
Top Bottom