What's new

Special Report - The Development of Iran's Non-Oil Exports, 1990-2011

Great report..too bad the data is from 1990 to 2011...but still good to see how Iran managed to survive the toughest sanctions imposed on a country ever..

here is the most important takeaway for me:

Iranian non-oil exports:

1990................$ 1.3 billion
..end of 8 war years and start of rebuilding
1999................$ 3.9 billion
2011................$ 24 billion
and now I add the latest figures for 2021
2021................$ 47 billion..end of 8 Rouhani years and start of rebuilding again!.:p:

Lets see what the next four years bring under Raisi.

Last edited:
Great report..too bad the data is from 1990 to 2011...but still good to see how Iran managed to survive the toughest sanctions imposed on a country ever..

here is the most important takeaway for me:

Iranian non-oil exports:

1990................$ 1.3 billion
..end of 8 war years and start of rebuilding
1999................$ 3.9 billion
2011................$ 24 billion
and now I add the latest figures for 2021
2021................$ 47 billion..end of 8 Rouhani years and start of rebuilding again!.:p:

Lets see what the next four years bring under Raisi.
It should reach $100 billion soon. We can achieve it easily if we develop our relations with less developed middle income countries in Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa or Central and Southern/Southeastern Asia.

Well at the price of increase of the cost of living inside Iran.
They increased non oil product export but didn't increased the production capacity as much as they should.

The key to increase the non oil exports are:

Metals... doing great with steel but lots of room for copper and aluminium.

Petro chemicals..dropped behind due to war..time to go private sector for this one.

Autos...Iranian cars can be very competitive because energy labour and steel is all in house and cheap

Agricultural products.....bring the production to 21 century methods lots of land lots of water up north and long growing season.

Back
Top Bottom