BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Bangladesh Army
1.President Guard Regiment, presidential and VVIP security
2.Special Security Force (SSF), specops, VVIP security
3.Special Services Wing, details classified(1st time i have learned about it)
4. Para Commandos

Bangladesh Navy
1.Special Warfare Diving and Salvage (SWADS)- specops, search and rescue
2.ODD 71, details classified (it is first time i have learned about it)
List of military special forces units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Police Also has two special forces:
1. Rapid Action Battalion (RAB)
2. Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT)

1.When our Paracdos were raised India had raised immediate objection. They argued why would BD need a strategic outfit? Their fear: our SFs could train and lead NE FFs during war. Like PA SSG they could train these FFs in camps within BD and in FF held territories.

2. To counter through a soft power tactics, India is now arranging joint Indo-BD SFs joint exercises pushed through compliant political leadership in BD. India also gives us vacancies for courses in their Jungle Warfare School, Mizoram.

1.When our Paracdos were raised India had raised immediate objection. They argued why would BD need a strategic outfit? Their fear: our SFs could train and lead NE FFs during war. Like PA SSG they could train these FFs in camps within BD and in FF held territories.

2. To counter through a soft power tactics, India is now arranging joint Indo-BD SFs joint exercises pushed through compliant political leadership in BD. India also gives us vacancies for courses in their Jungle Warfare School, Mizoram.

India objected to raise and train a para commando unit by the BA. As far as I know BA did raise and train a unit secretly.

So, people here would love to know about the detail of bypassing Indian objection. How BA of a then weaker Bangladesh could manage the raising and then training the 1st batch of commandos?

Was the possibility of helping the NE FF only reason for the objection or IA just wanted a weak military or no military in its east after the 1971 war?

Arent National Security Intelligence, Special Branch and Directorate General of Forces Intelligence also some special forces.
Bangladeshi intelligence community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India objected to raise and train a para commando unit by the BA. As far as I know BA did raise and train a unit secretly.

So, people here would love to know about the detail of bypassing Indian objection. How BA of a then weaker Bangladesh could manage the raising and then training the 1st batch of commandos?

Was the possibility of helping the NE FF only reason for the objection or IA just wanted a weak military or no military in its east after the 1971 war?

I heard that BD military wanted to make its own tanks and India raised objection. Is it true ?

Arent National Security Intelligence, Special Branch and Directorate General of Forces Intelligence also some special forces.

I heard that BD military wanted to make its own tanks and India raised objection. Is it true ?

Did you mean building tanks in BD or setting up a tank battalion? I hope, @asad71 will tell us about your inquiry and some others. I have no knowledge about it.

I only know that India wanted BD to come under India's security umbrella, which BD defied and kept on raising more battalions to the then BA troops from the Pakistan period.

There was a 25 year security treaty with India which was imposed on a weak wartime BD government led by Tajuddin Ahmed. Note, not a single AL leader ever came to fight the PA. They were living in the Theater Road of Calcutta enjoying life.

This treaty was regarded as a slavery agreement which the wartime PM could not resist. Treaty or no treaty, all the AL leaders were eager to end the war and come back to their homeland. I do not personally blame them.

But, people were very angry with this and this dissatisfaction encouraged a group of military officers to finally stage coups and kill the AL leaders in 1975.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol, as always- India is to blame for all the region's woes! It must be nice to have a go-to scape-goat, that way you don't have to ask any hard questions of yourselves or do any sort of introspection.

In what way would India blocking such a move by BD benefit India? It's not like you've gone and bought 1000 Arjuns! Nor is it likely that BD was about to pull out an Arjun rival.

Utter, utter BS.

source please. thanks in advance.

who told u this. MMS came in ur dreams and whispered it into ur ears.
and common sense dictates, if u want to learn others' tactics, its imperative that u keep urs a secret. in that case how come Bdeshi SFs are inducted JWS, mizoram ????

Link to the point of India resisting Commandos ?

Do you really think all that commando demands that India made was written on papers to be published in the newspapers next morning and then to the Internet for all the people of the world to read what India is doing or thinking? You know well that these things are classified never to be opened by India or BD.

plz talk sense..

Do you really think all that commando demands that India made was written on papers to be published in the newspapers next morning and then to the Internet for all the people of the world to read what India is doing or thinking? You know well that these things are classified never to be opened by India or BD.

If they are classified how is it that BD posters invariably have ' inside ' information ?

99 % of what BD posters write is either their imagination , a wish list or ' I have heard". This thread also belongs to that category.

The ministries in BD Govt seem to be very porous - locals get to know of all the careless whispers that happen there & they then thump the table & pass it around with amazing confidence. It would appear that all the minute sheets are on the net for locals to read.

If they are classified how is it that BD posters invariably have ' inside ' information ?

99 % of what BD posters write is either their imagination , a wish list or ' I have heard". This thread also belongs to that category.

The ministries in BD Govt seem to be very porous - locals get to know of all the careless whispers that happen there & they then thump the table & pass it around with amazing confidence. It would appear that all the minute sheets are on the net for locals to read.

BD is a small country. Every one is every one else's Chacha, mama, Fupa, Bhateeja or Bhanjaa. Many things come out speedily from the high officials that spread among the public.

It is very true India did not even want BD to maintain an army, let alone a commando unit that will go behind the enemy line to create havoc in the logistics delivery chain.

Anyway, today, BD has come a long distance. We are almost out of Indian interference in our military matters.

BD is a small country. Every one is every one else's Chacha, mama, Fupa, Bhateeja or Bhanjaa. Many things come out speedily from the high officials that spread among the public.

It is very true India did not even want BD to maintain an army, let alone a commando unit that will go behind the enemy line to create havoc in the logistics delivery chain.

Anyway, today, BD has come a long distance. We are almost out of Indian interference in our military matters.

BD seems to be nation of wagging tongues.

Small country ? I have read posters from BD describe their nation a ' land Mass".

Reading such posts reminds me of old filmy magazines like Filmfare, Stardust etc - just speculation, Gossip & imagination.

Good luck.

If these things are classified, how did you get access to it. Don't speculate too much. It is not good for you.
bullshit

Back
Top Bottom