What's new

Space R&D and the Intellectual Capacity Building Loop

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Space R&D and the Intellectual Capacity Building Loop | Dr. Aquib Moin

In this talk, the speaker will highlight the criticality of and methodology for boosting intellectual capacity to achieve success in advanced disciplines such as Space Sciences & Technology.

About the Speaker:

Dr. Aquib Moin is the Founder and CEO of a UAE-based space venture “Alhazen Space”, focusing on space-tech solutions rooted in Astrodynamics. He is a Space Science & Technology strategist, space project developer and an Astronomy & Space Science academician. He also holds an Associate Professor position at the UAE University and he is a Senior Affiliated Scientist at the National Space Science & Technology Centre in the UAE. He works regularly with the government entities in the UAE’s space sector. He has over 15 years of experience in designing, developing, deploying and running Astronomy & Space R&D projects and putting together innovative Space education programs. He has previously worked on numerous high-profile Astronomy & Space Science projects at various reputed organizations and institutions such as NASA-JPL, Harvard-Smithsonian, CSIRO and others.

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Norwegian @LeGenD @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @SQ8 @Goenitz @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @VCheng @Bleek @Sifar zero @Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Abid123

methodology for boosting intellectual capacity

Reconciling free and creative thought processes with dogmatic religion enforced by the state remains a conundrum for most muslin countries, and impossible for Pakistan.

Reconciling free and creative thought processes with dogmatic religion enforced by the state remains a conundrum for most muslin countries, and impossible for Pakistan.
Such roadblocks aren't enough to hinder individuals who are highly inquisitive and ambitious, especially given the resources that are at our disposal today. I mean just look at me. The vast majority of our countrymen have access to Google. These are just excuses, with enough determination one can find the path leading to success no matter how many roadblocks come along the way.

Such roadblocks aren't enough to hinder individuals who are highly inquisitive and ambitious, especially given the resources that are at our disposal today. I mean just look at me. The vast majority of our countrymen have access to Google. These are just excuses, with enough determination one can find the path leading to success no matter how many roadblocks come along the way.
This religion stuff is so overrated in Pakistan, it's just rhetoric, are we going to act like you can't find incredibly secular/irreligious or even maybe borderline anti-Islamic societies in Pakistan? Lahore and Karachi you definitely can, even Islamabad perhaps

Religion is a scapegoat, Pakistan's problem has always been management, organisation and competency of the power corridors.

The problem with that is that it may work great on an individual level, but not for a society. Therein is the problem I have highlighted above.

The problem with that is that it may work great on an individual level, but not for a society. Therein is the problem I have highlighted above.
Why bother focusing on things that are not within my control? Instead, I should focus on things that are within my control such as improving my knowledge and skills and helping other like-minded individuals.

Why bother focusing on things that are not within my control? Instead, I should focus on things that are within my control such as improving my knowledge and skills and helping other like-minded individuals.

Of course! That is exactly what I have done for myself. Please go ahead!

As one of my favorite prayer says: O God, please grant me the intelligence to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference between the two. :D

Of course! That is exactly what I have done for myself. Please go ahead!

As one of my favorite prayer says: O God, please grant me the intelligence to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference between the two. :D
1675966973986.png

Take my poor man's positive rating for writing this wonderful post.

I wish we valued people like this clever scholar payed him decent wages to stay, locate finances for him to set up a space program similar to other counties do, kept him in Pakistan, teach this amazing science he knows to our own kids , God willing furthering our own space ambitions!

I wish we valued people like this clever scholar payed him decent wages to stay, locate finances for him to set up a space program similar to other counties do, kept him in Pakistan, teach this amazing science he knows to our own kids , God willing furthering our own space ambitions!
He is generous enough to visit Pakistan every year to deliver workshops at IST. He asked Dr Hoodbhoy in the video to arrange workshops in this institute as well and Dr Hoodbhoy said that he would love to do it.

Instead of wasting tax payer's money on good for nothing PTV, we should be spending money here.

Back
Top Bottom