What's new

south korean solid state s band aesa.............for KF-X project!!

If ppl are so smart why don't they post something

I bet 99% had no idea about the cooling system of an aesa............i accepted it in my post itself and corrected that.
But atleast it was something relevant and not a senseless and foolish bashing.

Even on the new page on russian aesa no one seems interested to post on new developments but are happy to bark at each other in needless threads that don't discuss anything on defence,,,,,,,this is a sorry state of affairs.

I raised questions on HAL,DRDO..........are these organizations perfect by any standard??Are they not answerable??

Are we so advanced that we just sit back and enjoy and shoot the massenger?

Ah yes! As always most of the posters are more interested in confrontations and sensational maal unless a new missile gets launched. He was quick to judge, no need to do the same on your part.

Let it slide yaara, follow the astonishing philosophy of Dilli Baba and Emperor @Hyperion.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes! As always most of the posters are more interested in confrontations and sensational maal unless a new missile gets launched. He was quick to judge, no need to do the same on your part.

Let it slide yaara, follow the astonishing philosophy of Dilli Baba and Emperor @Hyperion.:)

I feel angry:butcher:

and like russel peter said

"somebody's gonna get hurt.....................real bad":devil:

There is no diversion here. You had incorrect notions about what an ESA sensor entails and those have been rectified.

Perhaps there is a gap in comprehension here- an operational prototype of our S-band ESA sensor is already undergoing tests. If you have the patience then search up the IP/IR related info for the said ESA like other senior members have done.

EMB-145I+AEW+&+CS-13.jpg

DRDO-designed+S-band+TRMM-1.jpg

EMB-145I+AEW+&+CS-7.jpg

Here is the finished product- If you can identify the surroundings then you'll know at which phase (wrt prototyping and validation) the sensor and its associated platform is in currently:-

indian-air-force-ERJ-145-AEWC-EMB-145I.jpg

Have some patience, stop jumping to conclusions, familiarize yourself with the bare-bones basic technical issues and aspects involved.

If the significance of the IP/IR being owned by CABS is lost on you then you will have to start right from the beginning- I don't that will be required though.

I get your enthusiasm, a lot of questions you're asking have been asked by us too. You dug up some good material on the topic. :tup:

Did u read the specs of this radar??

200km-300 km for 2m2 object!!!

i would say its not very encouraging and i noticed that its air cooled??
i think its less efficient than liquid cooled as a result this low detection range...............especially for an awac!!

Did u read the specs of this radar??

200km-300 km for 2m2 object!!!

i would say its not very encouraging and i noticed that its air cooled??
i think its less efficient than liquid cooled as a result this low detection range...............especially for an awac!!

Its detection range is contemporary for sensors in its class and air assisted cooling is adequate for the sensor. Indeed liquid cooling leads to better performance and will require an additional 3-4 years. The larger AWACS project is aiming for the liquid cooled sensor.

Its detection range is contemporary for sensors in its class and air assisted cooling is adequate for the sensor. Indeed liquid cooling leads to better performance and will require an additional 3-4 years. The larger AWACS project is aiming for the liquid cooled sensor.

even pakfa l band aesa is air cooled so its performance will be quite low

but we should have waited 3-4 years in my opinion.........even pakfa radar or irbis e radar provide double this performance

yes i understand the bands are diff and aircrafts are optimized for only x-band mainly,,,,still

even pakfa l band aesa is air cooled so its performance will be quite low

but we should have waited 3-4 years in my opinion.........even pakfa radar or irbis e radar provide double this performance

yes i understand the bands are diff and aircrafts are optimized for only x-band mainly,,,,still

You intend to wait for what, to use an Irbis radar as an AWACS? Let us not go down that road, suffice to say that it cannot be done. And what sort of performance are you referring to?

You intend to wait for what, to use an Irbis radar as an AWACS? Let us not go down that road, suffice to say that it cannot be done. And what sort of performance are you referring to?

range mainly........quite low

I think eriye is pretty advanced considering its 10-12 years old platform,,,,,still outperforms drdo in coverage(300 degree against 270) and azimuth scanning(150 degrees vs 70)

1-731922.jpg

2-731208.jpg

Type Multi-mode active electronically scanned array (AESA) pulse doppler radar
Frequency S-band
Range 450 km
Altitude > 20 km (> 65,000 ft)
Azimuth 150° to each side

range seems to be more or less same but note that its pretty old and will probably be refreshed soon(guessing)

The range for the L-STAR? Its perfectly adequate.

looking at eriye i think its fine(range)

I think eriye is pretty advanced considering its 10-12 years old platform,,,,,still outperforms drdo in coverage(300 degree against 270) and azimuth scanning(150 degrees vs 70)

1-731922.jpg

Type Multi-mode active electronically scanned array (AESA) pulse doppler radar
Frequency S-band
Range 450 km
Altitude > 20 km (> 65,000 ft)
Azimuth 150° to each side

range seems to be more or less same but note that its pretty old and will probably be refreshed soon(guessing)

looking at eriye i think its fine(range)

You need to qualify the range with the RCS specific detection range, something which you will not find easily on the net.

Suffice to say that the extended detection range for a fighter sized target is 330Km for the Erieye.

Azimuth is not particularly important given the generally employed operational altitude.

There won't be any "refreshing", the system like any other of its class has reached its zenith.

You need to qualify the range with the RCS specific detection range, something which you will not find easily on the net.

Suffice to say that the extended detection range for a fighter sized target is 330Km for the Erieye.

Azimuth is not particularly important given the generally employed operational altitude.

There won't be any "refreshing", the system like any other of its class has reached its zenith.

yup only drdo and the russians specify what fighter sized target means!!

i have still to find anyone here to tell me the specs for apg-68(v9).........wanna try:devil:??

yup only drdo and the russians specify what fighter sized target means!!

i have still to find anyone here to tell me the specs for apg-68(v9).........wanna try:devil:??

Not particularly, range figures and the likes are pointless sans context and the required addendum.

Privitize this agency for god sake
Even the Koreans are getting ahead of us no Offense

Nikalo Sale Kaun Angreezio ko

read @Umair Nawaz posts on su-30 forum before thanking him...........u will be ashamed of urself and read my posts there too silent spectator

Height of bullshit this is.............instead of attacking me did u even read the threads i have started??

:lol:

this is called self praise.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom