What's new

South Korea: Dependence in the Age of OPCON

I agree with you my friend, there have been a great deal of theological influence(s). When I read into Sikkhism, particularly the tenets ascribed through the Guru Nanak, I can't help but see the similarities between Islam. Both Sikhism and Islam are monotheistic religions. One difference , however, is the notion of the afterlife. Islam, like in Christianity and Judaism, teaches that after death -- is the Final Judgment. But in Sikhism, after one dies, one may undergo reincarnation; which borrows from Buddhist and Hindu theology.

I fear I have gone OT, so i will go back to the subject matter now. ;)

Yes we can say tht it has attributes of both Hinduism and Islam. Now wonder their religious texts include Sufi poetry of Sufi saints like Bullay Shah,Waris Shah etc..

@Contrarian Lumbini in behar?

Lumbini, the Birthplace of the Lord Buddha - UNESCO World Heritage Centre

Unesco says he was born in Nepal though?:)

Buddha was born in modern day Nepal not Bihar..:lol:
Increase your knowledge.

Budha was born in Shakya kingdom. The kingdom spanned UP, Bihar and Nepal. Where exactly in that kingdom is not known though it is popular legend he was born in Lumbini - a town that on the border of UP and Nepal.

And Budha achieved enlightenment in Bihar. The most holy place of Budhism is in Bihar.

Yes we can say tht it has attributes of both Hinduism and Islam. Now wonder their religious texts include Sufi poetry of Sufi saints like Bullay Shah,Waris Shah etc..

Yes. In the divine travels of Guru Nanak, he even mentions how he visited Arabia. So, your inference of possible Sufi influence is absolutely plausible. I mean, Sikhism is a relatively young religion. It was born , literally, during the height of Mughal Empire's control. So, we can even say that Mughal Empire's rule and bringing about of Islamic control and Islamic theology had influence in the Punjab.

Sikhism is a new religion .. It includes poetry of punjabi muslim Sufis ... :lol:
Yes. Sikhism has a lot of elements from Punjabi Muslim sufis. I dont know why you are laughing about it. Their holy sites unfortunately are located in what is now Pakistani part of Punjab.
As for greater IVC .. I ask you my friend .. Take a good look at the IVC map and tell me if it spread into modern day India? At max there was a small port of lothal near indo-Pak border .. Same goes with Harrappa.. Mohenjodaro,Ghandhara or mehrgarh which are exclusively existed in modern day Pakistan ... Not even into the regions (india) neighbouring Pakistan.

List of Indus Valley Civilization sites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can see how many sites are where yourself. Most are in India.

Yes. In the divine travels of Guru Nanak, he even mentions how he visited Arabia. So, your inference of possible Sufi influence is absolutely plausible. I mean, Sikhism is a relatively young religion. It was born , literally, during the height of Mughal Empire's control. So, we can even say that Mughal Empire's rule and bringing about of Islamic control and Islamic theology had influence in the Punjab.
It is a fact. Sikhism has a lot of Sufi influence.

There is no record of guru Nanak visiting Mecca .. No non Muslims are allowed to the sacred sites.. And Islam was in Punjab way before Mughals came .. For example google Dulla Bhatti or Abdullah Bhatti (a punjabi legend) he fought against Emp Akbar .. Even when babar first came he had punjabi muslim rajput chieftains from Modern day Potohar region/upper Punjab in Pakistan commanding he forces... Meanwhile the Rajputs also had muslim Rajputs king/lord like Hasan Khan among them..

Last edited:
Is that how Japanese call Guan Yu?

Kuan Ti does not exist in native Japanese Shinto. But there are some Japanese who do revere him , as some Japanese do accept Chinese native religion.

In Japanese he is referred to as KAN U. A lot of Japanese who have Chinese ancestry keep a temple to him in their homes. There are Temples to KAN U in Chinatown districts all over Japan. These are called : Kanteibyo

huahahaha
we teachew called him kwuang kwong..

Ah makes sense. Kuan Ti , i guess, has many names for different dialects / peoples.

In Japan he is known as KAN U.

There is no record of guru Nanak visiting Mecca .. No non Muslims are allowed to the sacred sites.. And Islam was in Punjab way before Mughals came .. For example google Dulla Bhatti or Abdullah Bhatti (a punjabi legend) he fought against Emp Akbar .. Even when babar first came he had punjabi muslim rajput chieftains from Modern day Potohar region/upper Punjab in Pakistan commanding him .. Meanwhile the Rajputs also had muslim Rajputs king/lord like Hasan Khan among them..
Retrieved from:
Guru Nanak (for Children) - A Journey to Mecca

A Journey to Mecca

Guru Nanak now set out to Mecca in Arabia. Mecca is the holy place of the Muslims. The Guru travelled to Surat, a small seaport near Bombay. From there, Guru Nanak and Mardana went to Arabia in a ship. After a few weeks they reached Mecca. There is a very big Mosque in Mecca. Guru Nanak and Mardana were very tired after long travels. They went to the mosque and lay down to take rest. Guru Nanak's feet were towards the Kaaba in the mosque. The Kaaba is a room in the middle of the mosque and is called, 'The house of God (Allah).'
gurunanakatmecca.jpg
A man named Rukandin was the priest of the Kaaba. He came out and saw Guru Nanak's feet towards the Kaba. He was very angry. He at once shouted. "Don't you know this is the house of God, you fool? Why are you lying with your feet towards the Kaaba?"

Guru Nanak woke up. He said, "O sir, I'm sorry I didn't know it. I was tired so I just lay down and fell asleep. Could you turn my legs to the side in which there's no God?"

Rukandin at once caught hold of his legs and dragged them to the other side. He saw that the Kaaba still stood before Guru Nanak's feet. Then he gave another pull but to his great surprise, he saw the Kaaba again towards the Guru's feet. He was so upset that he could not speak.

Guru Nanak said, "Rukandin. God does not live in one place. He lives everywhere." Saying this, Guru Nanak and Mardana started singing hymns. A crowd of people gathered around them. They called Guru Nanak, 'Baba Nanak'. 'Baba' means an old and wise man.
After a few days they went to Medina and Baghdad. At Baghdad a Muslim saint Behlol met the Guru. They had a long talk and became friends. Behlol asked Baba Nanak, "What is your idea of God?"

Guru Nanak replied, "There is one God. He is True. He makes everything. He is not afraid of anyone. He is not born. He never dies. He is self-made. We need only think of Him and pray to Him."

Behlol liked the Guru's teaching very much. He travelled a lot and told the people about this idea of Guru. After some time Guru Nanak and Mardana came back to the Punjab.

gurunanaksjourneytomecca.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. Sikhism has a lot of elements from Punjabi Muslim sufis. I dont know why you are laughing about it. Their holy sites unfortunately are located in what is now Pakistani part of Punjab.

List of Indus Valley Civilization sites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can see how many sites are where yourself. Most are in India.

It is a fact. Sikhism has a lot of Sufi influence.

Yeah sure most are in India according to Wikipedia.. Just like Buddha was born in Bihar n not Nepal .:)

Here is a map of IVC courtesy encyclopaedia Britannia :

image.jpg
image.jpg

Most of the artifacts you have were dug by Brits from modern day Pakistan.

@DESERT FIGHTER ,

Whether or not Guru Nanak went to Saudi Arabia (Mecca), is inconsequential. We can see that he (Guru Nanak) was influenced by Islam and Islamic thought , through reading Sikhism's teachings on Nanak's Divine Travels.

Kuan Ti does not exist in native Japanese Shinto. But there are some Japanese who do revere him , as some Japanese do accept Chinese native religion.

In Japanese he is referred to as KAN U. A lot of Japanese who have Chinese ancestry keep a temple to him in their homes. There are Temples to KAN U in Chinatown districts all over Japan. These are called : Kanteibyo

Ah makes sense. Kuan Ti , i guess, has many names for different dialects / peoples.

In Japan he is known as KAN U.

Retrieved from:
Guru Nanak (for Children) - A Journey to Mecca

A Journey to Mecca

Guru Nanak now set out to Mecca in Arabia. Mecca is the holy place of the Muslims. The Guru travelled to Surat, a small seaport near Bombay. From there, Guru Nanak and Mardana went to Arabia in a ship. After a few weeks they reached Mecca. There is a very big Mosque in Mecca. Guru Nanak and Mardana were very tired after long travels. They went to the mosque and lay down to take rest. Guru Nanak's feet were towards the Kaaba in the mosque. The Kaaba is a room in the middle of the mosque and is called, 'The house of God (Allah).'
gurunanakatmecca.jpg
A man named Rukandin was the priest of the Kaaba. He came out and saw Guru Nanak's feet towards the Kaba. He was very angry. He at once shouted. "Don't you know this is the house of God, you fool? Why are you lying with your feet towards the Kaaba?"

Guru Nanak woke up. He said, "O sir, I'm sorry I didn't know it. I was tired so I just lay down and fell asleep. Could you turn my legs to the side in which there's no God?"

Rukandin at once caught hold of his legs and dragged them to the other side. He saw that the Kaaba still stood before Guru Nanak's feet. Then he gave another pull but to his great surprise, he saw the Kaaba again towards the Guru's feet. He was so upset that he could not speak.

Guru Nanak said, "Rukandin. God does not live in one place. He lives everywhere." Saying this, Guru Nanak and Mardana started singing hymns. A crowd of people gathered around them. They called Guru Nanak, 'Baba Nanak'. 'Baba' means an old and wise man.
After a few days they went to Medina and Baghdad. At Baghdad a Muslim saint Behlol met the Guru. They had a long talk and became friends. Behlol asked Baba Nanak, "What is your idea of God?"

Guru Nanak replied, "There is one God. He is True. He makes everything. He is not afraid of anyone. He is not born. He never dies. He is self-made. We need only think of Him and pray to Him."

Behlol liked the Guru's teaching very much. He travelled a lot and told the people about this idea of Guru. After some time Guru Nanak and Mardana came back to the Punjab.

gurunanaksjourneytomecca.jpg

Yes I know the story tht Nanak wen to Mecca n Mecca moved ...:lol:

Although the truth is tht no non muslim can enter the cities even today forget the holy sites.

Increase your knowledge.

Budha was born in Shakya kingdom. The kingdom spanned UP, Bihar and Nepal. Where exactly in that kingdom is not known though it is popular legend he was born in Lumbini - a town that on the border of UP and Nepal.

And Budha achieved enlightenment in Bihar. The most holy place of Budhism is in Bihar.

Okay so Buddha was a Bihari ?:lol:

Yeah sure most are in India according to Wikipedia.. Just like Buddha was born in Bihar n not Nepal .:)

Here is a map of IVC courtesy encyclopaedia Britannia :
You are free to look up the sources listed on Wiki and the archeological sites. All are accessible to visitors and scholars for further research. We have no qualms regarding that. The fact of the matter is that there are more IVC sites in India than Pakistan. Though we donot for a second say that Pakistan does not have claim on IVC. It does, its a shared heritage.

As far as Budha's birth place was concerned, I have explained it. You are free to research yourself and You are free to not listen.

It does not matter to us one bit though whether it was Nepal or India. We are the same people and have an intertwined destiny.
The holiest places of Budhism though are in Bihar and UP. He achieved enlightenment in Bihar. Though, it would not have mattered to us were they in Nepal.
Most of the artifacts you have were dug by Brits from modern day Pakistan.
Conspiracy theories seem to be the staple of every Pakistani.

Okay so Buddha was a Bihari ?:lol:
No idea. He was born in Shakya. Could be anywhere in the vicinity of East UP, Bihar and Nepal. Even where he was allegedly born- by popular legend- it was on UP-Nepal border in the town Lumbini.

You are free to look up the sources listed on Wiki and the archeological sites. All are accessible to visitors and scholars for further research. We have no qualms regarding that. The fact of the matter is that there are more IVC sites in India than Pakistan. Though we donot for a second say that Pakistan does not have claim on IVC. It does, its a shared heritage.

As far as Budha's birth place was concerned, I have explained it. You are free to research yourself and You are free to not listen.

It does not matter to us one bit though whether it was Nepal or India. We are the same people and have an intertwined destiny.
The holiest places of Budhism though are in Bihar and UP. He achieved enlightenment in Bihar. Though, it would not have mattered to us were they in Nepal.

Conspiracy theories seem to be the staple of every Pakistani.

Instead of acting like an idiot (which you are) an posting Wikipedia which by the way can be edited by any other idiot go through reliable sources .. I know you are a bigot but try to put it aside.

Back
Top Bottom