What's new

South Indian Stereotyping - A South Indian response, I say!

Regional discrimination is the opposite of Nationalism.

I am yet to come across a South Indian, who got negatively discriminated. :toast_sign: Its mostly positive. In my case, they see my name, and go like lets not mess with this guy. Then they see me walk in with my specs and they are like...definitely keep trap shut and listen to what he has to say.

Though, I manage to, at the end of my talk/presentation bring down their belief, that all South Indians are brainy and reinforce the fact, that, appearances are deceptive :P

The Cultural difference between North India and South India is mind boggling. Since 99.9% Pakistanis have never been to India let alone to South India, they cannot even fathom the languages and Culture of the South.

I am sure various States of South India have a fascinating Culture and if ever given the opportunity to come to India, I would prefer to spend maximum time in the South.

I am a North Indian but have lots of friends from South India which belong to all states as mentioned. We discuss these things and then use same stereotypes to pull legs of each other :D. Interesting part was "Kozhikode". My Mallu friend took half an hour lesson to teach me how they pronounce "ZH" in Malayali and I am still not sure if I pronounce it correctly ;). The interesting part is still to discuss Rajini Sir and his great stunts with a Tamilian.

Once I asked my roomie (in US), Why in South Indian movies One hero kills 100s of people, Too much of drama isn't it!! He responded, when we are watching fantasy movies then if Amitabh can kill 10 people then let it make larger and kill 100s by Rajini. And after 2 years, I got all these Hindi movies made in exact ways.

Very well written and nice read.....I am a north Indian and all my friends are south Indian and now a days they call me local Bangalorean..Its human with human and not human V/s human...

South Indians seem more humane and better than barbarian North Indian :cheers:

North Indians ,South Indians both are good & bad in some way or the other,,,After All all Indians,,,

But yes,,,,in South,,Dal mein kala hota hai,,in North poori dal hi kali hoti hai " :P

this is the best part
"who speak Kannada are called Kannadigas, not Kanadians" :rofl:

funny you mention that. because if pakistanis are related to anyone at all, it is to the north and central indians

I am a North Indian but have lots of friends from South India which belong to all states as mentioned. We discuss these things and then use same stereotypes to pull legs of each other :D. Interesting part was "Kozhikode". My Mallu friend took half an hour lesson to teach me how they pronounce "ZH" in Malayali and I am still not sure if I pronounce it correctly ;). The interesting part is still to discuss Rajini Sir and his great stunts with a Tamilian.

Once I asked my roomie (in US), Why in South Indian movies One hero kills 100s of people, Too much of drama isn't it!! He responded, when we are watching fantasy movies then if Amitabh can kill 10 people then let it make larger and kill 100s by Rajini. And after 2 years, I got all these Hindi movies made in exact ways.

The language is Malayalam and people are called Malayali .

Very well written and nice read.....I am a north Indian and all my friends are south Indian and now a days they call me local Bangalorean..Its human with human and not human V/s human...

Bro.. from when we became North Indian. We are East Indian. And we East, West, South, North, Middle, North East all are Indians. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom