What's new

South India lags behind national fertility rate, slows population boom

UP and Bihar have alarming birth rates it would seem...

Furthermore both Bihar and UP have a disproportional population of Muslims than the average in the rest of the country.

The nos paint a clear picture

National average fertility Rate - 2.5
TN - 1.7
AP, Kerala - 1.8
Karnataka - 2

U.P - 3.7
Bihar - 3.5

Unlike their southern counterparts, the northern states are showing an increase in fertility rate.

Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, though, have the highest fertility rates in the country, experts say. :yahoo:

I don't think they're howing an increase- their slowing down is so so slow that stable levels in UP might be reached only by 2040.

Its because South India is much better than north ( My Native is Bihar) . I have seen much less desparation and poverty in South than in North . Its a Global Trend .

I spend four years in Dharwad. Even at 12:00AM, I saw families with children coming out of cinema halls.It's not a thing in big cities,but Dharwad is a very old orthodox kind of town.Same thing I noticed in Southern districts like Mangalore,Udupi etc.My friends moms and parents are also like cool:smokin:

I spend four years in Dharwad. Even at 12:00AM, I saw families with children coming out of cinema halls.It's not a thing in big cities,but Dharwad is a very old orthodox kind of town.Same thing I noticed in Southern districts like Mangalore,Udupi etc.My friends moms and parents are also like cool:smokin:

after delhi/ncr , bangalore/pune and mumbaoi are like heaven.

Its because South India is much better than north ( My Native is Bihar) . I have seen much less desparation and poverty in South than in North . Its a Global Trend .

???? .

Arrey dhakkan office ka tension khatam nahi hota to bacchay kahan se? Wife husband ko ek dusre ka chinta nahi hai sab office me busy. . . .
:D
with increasing employment we will see huge decrease in population growth here in UP and Bihar.

@KS @Sashan

I have a simple solution for this birth rate differential.

Make 1971 census a gold standard in deciding distribution of Lok sabha seat and bring a bill that a person could vote only at the place where he/she is born.

In this way low fertility rates would not erode the political power of south but would compensate for the high birth rate of UP and Bihar in totality.They would also serve as a source of labour.

Postal voting system could be adopted so that no one oses his/her right to vote.

@AUz

Before this muslim majority comes to fruition due to birth rate differential,Islam like any other religion will cease to exist due to onslaught of rationality or everyone will ring fence themselves making higher number useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
UP and Bihar have alarming birth rates it would seem...

Furthermore both Bihar and UP have a disproportional population of Muslims than the average in the rest of the country.

When women are educated there will be less population growth but in the above mentioned states and communities education of women lags behind. The situation will certainly improve.

One more important point in southern states is the there is no Hindu Muslim disparity people of all community live in harmony this is only because of education.

As far as I know procreating does not require you to be a Muslim. Maybe the biology I studied was wrong. Even without converting to Islam (LOL) one can reasonably hope to do the remaining two.

Yeah...but converting to Islam comes with many perks. Four wives, 72 virgins etc..so please convert to Islam yourself, and start working to spread to to other people too.

Together, We can do this !

Yeah...but converting to Islam comes with many perks. Four wives, 72 virgins etc..so please convert to Islam yourself, and start working to spread to to other people too.

Together, We can do this !

watta grate religiyon saaar...but i cannot drink daaru na...or eat pork..daaru with pork rings grater than 72 apsaras saar...

@KS @Sashan

I have a simple solution for this birth rate differential.

Make 1971 census a gold standard in deciding distribution of Lok sabha seat and bring a bill that a person could vote only at the place where he/she is born.

In this way low fertility rates would not erode the political power of south but would compensate for the high birth rate of UP and Bihar in totality.They would also serve as a source of labour.

Postal voting system could be adopted so that no one oses his/her right to vote.

Actually there is a system in our constitution that mandates that the Lok Sabha be restructed every 25 years depending on the population. It was first introduced in 1976 and after 25 years came up for discussion in 2001. But inface of the united oppositon from MPs from South it was postponed to 2026. We just need to keep post poning it.

Last edited by a moderator:
watta grate religiyon saaar...but i cannot drink daaru na...or eat pork..daaru with pork rings grater than 72 apsaras saar...

Actually there is a system in our constitution that mandates that the Lok Sabha be restructed every 25 years depending on the population. It was first introduced in 1976 and after 25 years came up for discussion in 2001. But inface of the united oppositon from MPs from South it was postponed to 2026. We just need to keep post poning it.

I know.I was just advocating for institutionalizing it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom