What's new

South China Sea Forum

The Russians are chess masters, their actions in Syria is a brilliant aggressive move. The US can only stand by as the terrorists are bombed to shreds. I guess the lack of American action in Georgia, Crimea, DPRK has put a huge dent on US image so that's why they feel it's necessary to send 1 destroyer and not the whole fleet. Twenty years ago when the risk of war was high between Mainland and Taiwan the US send the whole fleet to warn China and slapped Chen in the face telling him to STFU and no independence declaration. This time instead of a warning in the shape of an armada, only 1 destroyer sailed the area being trailed by 2 Chinese warships. Mark my words in 2-3 decades from today we will have a full fleet of modernized destroyers, stealth fighters, better subs and naval armada of our own.
China actually sent the Aegis Type 052C guided missile destroyer Lanzhou and the Sovremennyy. There was also another report of aircraft involved. That's a lot of fire power

China sends message by having destroyers shadow US ship past islands | Asia Times

There will be no war,how ridiculous,lol.Building more construction will just make you feel good,it won't drive out US ships. Because all we need is just let some ships ram the destroyer.Not like China have the guts to lauch the missile from aircraft or those island to destroy them.
In the end of all,no matter how much you spent on those islands,it won't help China to stop US intrusion at all if you don't act more seriously.

Some Chinese are fine with that US warships passing our territorial waters,saying that won't change anything.That is brain dead and ridiculous.How about let US ships passing Shanghai and Tianjin freely?Will that change anything?

I have seen all kind of execuse to cover the coward government these days,most of them will make people laugh.
Having gut is not about shooting someone without a legitimate reason. Do you think the US have the gut to shoot at us when we took over Scarborough Shoal? I don't see this bravado talk, the fake tough man talk coming from our American friends. Why? I tell you why. It is because real war aren't fought by fake tough talk.

As far as what you said about this US passing in our coastal territorial water, that is not going to happen because the US knows it's not a gray area and not to mess with. So this fake tough talk means nothing from you.

Like I said many times, track them, harass, and monitor their ships over the gray area.

South China Sea Fleet conducts confrontation drill
2015-10-28

150ac7c520e67435530331.jpg

Soldiers ride in boats from a destroyer to conduct a visit, board, search and seizure training exercise aboard a simulated enemy vessel. Recently, a guided-missile destroyer flotilla under the South China Sea Fleet of the PLA Navy organized its warships to conduct a realistic confrontation training exercise, including such subjects as formation offense and defense, visit, board, search and seizure, anti-shore firing at night and anti-aircraft firing in complex electromagnetic environment.

150ac7c522867435531161.jpg

150ac7c524067435532639.jpg

150ac7c525867435533307.jpg

Guided-missile destroyers sail in a sea area of the South China Sea during a confrontation drill. Recently, a guided-missile destroyer flotilla under the South China Sea Fleet of the PLA Navy organized its warships to conduct a realistic confrontation training exercise, including such subjects as formation offense and defense, visit, board, search and seizure, anti-shore firing at night and anti-aircraft firing in complex electromagnetic environm

Having gut is not about shooting someone without a legitimate reason. Do you think the US have the gut to shoot at us when we took over Scarborough Shoal? I don't see this bravado talk, the fake tough man talk coming from our American friends. Why? I tell you why. It is because real war aren't fought by fake tough talk.

As far as what you said about this US passing in our coastal territorial water, that is not going to happen because the US knows it's not a gray area and not to mess with. So this fake tough talk means nothing from you.

Like I said many times, track them, harass, and monitor their ships over the gray area.
Have I said China should shot someone in my post?Have you really look my post through?

You haven't read my post,have you?I don't want China to bomb US,And I think it's not gonna happen.
We will bomb them when they infringe on the non-gray area.

Have I said China should shot someone in my post?Have you really look my post through?
Your post consists of wanting us to shoot them to show the "fake tough guy" posture or what else do you want us to do? Why don't you tell us what is the right thing to do here instead of badmouthing us for not shooting the boat.

Your post consists of wanting us to shoot them to show the "fake tough guy" posture or what else do you want us to do? Why don't you tell us what is the right thing to do here instead of badmouthing us for not shooting the boat.

When CPC wanna play with the time, then people will label them as coward.

Now if CPC is serious about to shoot something, then the same people will again accuse them for causing more troubles.

Yep, CPC must always be wrong in someone's mind.

After the show, it's time for US destroyer to leave
Published: 2015-10-27 17:38:43

According to Reuters and the Wall Street Journal, the US Navy sent the guided-missile destroyer USLassen within 12 nautical miles of islands built by China in the South China Sea. US officials claimed that the action is aimed at safeguarding the freedom of navigation and did not target China. The patrols could also be conducted around features that Vietnam and the Philippines have built up in the South China Sea. According to the US side, the action has been approved by President Barack Obama, but with no notification for China.

Washington hinted long ago that it would send ships within 12 nautical miles of China's islands, but it didn't say explicitly what it would do. The US said the action would last several hours. According to Western media, Chinese navy ships are closely watching the Lassen. The Pentagon is obviously provoking China. It is time to test the wisdom and determination of the Chinese people.

We should stay calm. If we feel disgraced and utter some furious words, it will only make the US achieve its goal of irritating us.

We should analyze the actual condition of the US harassment. It seems that the US only wants to display its presence as it didn't raise the imprudent demand that China stops island-building. It has no intention to launch a military clash with China. It is just the US' political show. The UN Convention of the Law of the Sea provides three categories. The first is islands, which are naturally formed, habitable areas above water at high tide, and are therefore entitled to 12 nautical miles of territorial waters and a 200 nautical mile exclusive economic zones (EEZs). The second is reefs that have portions above water at low tide, and are uninhabitable, which have territorial waters but no EEZs. Finally, completely submerged "low tide elevations" have no territorial waters.

The islands and reefs in the Nansha Islands under the control of the Chinese mainland belong to the latter two categories. China did not elaborate whether it will expand its territorial seas after land construction. This is where the ambiguity of the international law. In addition, China hasn't announced its territorial baseline in the South China Sea, making the legal meaning of Sino-US contention in the South China Sea vague.

China and the US have no conflicting views over the international law. Instead, the two are competing with each other over the rules and orders in the South China Sea. Beijing's construction work in the area is completely legal, and there is nothing Washington can blame it for. Yet, from Washington's perspective, the geopolitical situation in the area will be changed following China's island reclamation. Beijing may seize the advantage to control the Nansha Islands and their adjacent seas. The US also conjectures that China will gain strategic pivots for power projection to the south in the future. Therefore, Washington, annoyed and anxious, has taken actions in order to balance Beijing's clout and to consolidate its dominance in the South China Sea.

It has to be noticed that China has already carried out construction work in the area. This is the concrete achievements Beijing has gained. Completing building the islands still remains as a major task for China in the future. At present, no country, the US included, is able to obstruct Beijing's island reclamation in the region.

In face of the US harassment, Beijing should deal with Washington tactfully and prepare for the worst. This can convince the White House that China, despite its unwillingness, is not frightened to fight a war with the US in the region, and is determined to safeguard its national interests and dignity.

Beijing ought to carry out anti-harassment operations. We should first track the US warships. If they, instead of passing by, stop for further actions, it is necessary for us to launch electronic interventions, and even send out warships, lock them by fire-control radar and fly over the US vessels.

Chinese should be aware that the US harassment is only a common challenge in China's rise. We should regard it with calm and be confident of our government and troops. It is certain that the Chinese government, ordering the land reclamation, is able and determined to safeguard the islands. China is gradually recovering its justified rights in the South China Sea. China has not emphasized the "12 nautical miles." It is the US that helps us to build and reinforce this concept. Then, it is fine for us to accept the "12 nautical miles" and we have no intention to accept 13 or more than 13 nautical miles.

@Martian2 , @Shotgunner51 , @terranMarine , @Jlaw , @xunzi , @Yizhi , @Kyle Sun , @AndrewJin , @cirr , @cnleio , @Chinese-Dragon , @tranquilium

This incident does expose the need for new countermeasure, something after an initial but ineffective "warning" or "chasing off", but before last option of "firing the first shot". An example is "ramming" used by Soviet Navy in Black Sea.

anon1219162858-sovietshipsramsussyorktowninthebl290166_lg-jpg.267788

In February 1988 the USS Yorktown CG48 was rammed by a Soviet Naval vessel in Black Sea.
Everyone backed off after the ram "as usual", quoted by a crew on-board, the incident didn't escalate to exchange of fire.
Soviet Ships rams USS Yorktown in the Black Sea - CNN iReport

My recommendation is PLAN (and/or other maritime law enforcement branches) should develop protocols accordingly, maybe even purposely built assets, so that more non-lethal options of different intensity levels are available to counter similar incident before using the last option of "fire".

When CPC wanna play with the time, then people will label them as coward.

Now if CPC is serious about to shoot something, then the same people will again accuse them for causing more troubles.

Yep, CPC must always be wrong in someone's mind.
I can't believe that guy wants us to shoot the boat to send the "fake tough guy" posture. LOL If we don't shoot, they call us coward. If we shoot, they call us troublemaker. I think we can't really win no matter what. People will always have double standard against us.

Since you didn't really looked my post,Then I repeat myself again.Our ships should ram into their destroyer like what Soviet Union have done to US ships in its territorial waters instead of learning from what Japan have done.This is a stategic test and an open humilation of China,if china don't act strong,they will never stop their patrol.

I can't believe that guy wants us to shoot the boat to send the "fake tough guy" posture. LOL If we don't shoot, they call us coward. If we shoot, they call us troublemaker. I think we can't really win no matter what. People will always have double standard against us.
Who said we shoud shoot at them?In which sentence I have said that?

What we in the naval community are surprised at is the Chinese' hypocritical response here.

And rightfully so.

Like the PDF China Platoon, the government in Mainland China thinks they have free passes on everything, even if it means becoming a hypocrite.

You haven't read my post,have you?I don't want China to bomb US,And I think it's not gonna happen.
you know US doing it just to make guys like you to be angry at govt, right? you are playing their game.

unless you come up with a better counter measure instead of saying 'govt coward', this is what we have. not pleasant, but deal with it.

China the only de facto challenger of the US is the "coward", while his beloved Japan/South Korea as the little US lapdogs are the true Northeast Asian superheroes.

Can you understand the funny logic of those China/CPC haters?

you know US doing it just to make guys like you to be angry at govt, right? you are playing their game.

unless you come up with a better counter measure instead of saying 'govt coward', this is what we have. not pleasant, but deal with it.
I have said it,haven't I?You just don't look.

This incident does expose the need for new countermeasure, something after an initial but ineffective "warning" or "chasing off", but before last option of "firing the first shot". An example is "ramming" used by Soviet Navy in Black Sea.

anon1219162858-sovietshipsramsussyorktowninthebl290166_lg-jpg.267788

In February 1988 the USS Yorktown CG48 was rammed by a Soviet Naval vessel in Black Sea.
Everyone backed off after the ram "as usual", quoted by a crew on-board, the incident didn't escalate to exchange of fire.
Soviet Ships rams USS Yorktown in the Black Sea - CNN iReport

My recommendation is PLAN (and/or other maritime law enforcement branches) should develop protocols accordingly, maybe even purposely built assets, so that more non-lethal options of different intensity levels are available to counter similar incident.
That is actually a very good recommendation and worthy to talk about. The PLAN need to sit together and carve out a protocols to deal with this aggressive move by our American friend. This is something that will come. It is not something that happen surprisingly. We know they will come and more will come. So I advise we install missile defense on our islands and saturated the area with civilian boats and arm boats to make their trespassing more uncomfortable.

China the only de facto challenger of the US is the "coward", while his beloved Japan/South Korea as the little US lapdogs are the true Northeast Asian superheroes.

Can you understand the funny logic of those China/CPC haters?
Yeah, I really don't understand the stuff these jokers are saying sometime. The lapdogs are the heroes, meanwhile the defender of Asia is the coward. It makes no sense to me. But as you know, these jokers can't be taken seriously since they are here just to annoy us rather than providing any good input. That's why I spent more times making fun out of them than taking them seriously to be honest.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom