What's new

South China Sea Forum

This is just a test,they will come again.Building more construction won't stop them.I don't know why some people keep mentioning about the construction.It don't have much to do what the US is doing.

Last edited:
To be honest, the U.S should also give some space to China at least in Chinas own immediate shores. The U.S is already the dominant naval power in Asia,nobody can contest that not anytime soon. So i dont think giving some little space to the Chinese will do much harm. Afterall, its rather bad for a big country not to even be able to assert its infleunce in its own immediate shores.
Think both countries should agree on some way to resolve this dispute that will be benefit both sides and the region as a whole. Afterall, last time i checked i was shocked to find out that even Vietnam controls more territory in the SCS/spratlys islands than the Chinese by farrrr. Lol
They said we can't build on our territory, can you believe that, my Mikey friend? LOL The world can see the US is just a bully, stopping other countries from exerting their territorial rights that are grant to all peaceful loving state. LOL

:D

The point is never let the frog know that the water is heating up to the level of incapacitating it.

I see this recent US move as a strategic one to take the extra air that was culminated over time inside some VN-JP-PH right wingers/nationalists. Sort of a safe-valve.

As a great power of commitments and hard alliances, the US has to do that from time to time.

But, when it comes to real action, the US often falls short of actual delivery in the face of a great power/near equal.

The best historical case is what has been going on in Syria. I am not even bringing up the Ukraine, Iranian nuclear or DPRK issues.

The Russians are chess masters, their actions in Syria is a brilliant aggressive move. The US can only stand by as the terrorists are bombed to shreds. I guess the lack of American action in Georgia, Crimea, DPRK has put a huge dent on US image so that's why they feel it's necessary to send 1 destroyer and not the whole fleet. Twenty years ago when the risk of war was high between Mainland and Taiwan the US send the whole fleet to warn China and slapped Chen in the face telling him to STFU and no independence declaration. This time instead of a warning in the shape of an armada, only 1 destroyer sailed the area being trailed by 2 Chinese warships. Mark my words in 2-3 decades from today we will have a full fleet of modernized destroyers, stealth fighters, better subs and naval armada of our own.

I don't know why some people keep mentioning about we should keep the construction in the islands.It don't have much to do what the US is doing.
Do US have a plan to take over those islands?
Maybe changing the point into the construction will make them feel good?

Last edited:
There is no written rule defining the freedom of navigation.

Article 87(1). But if your questioning the verbatim definition of 'Navigation' then yes it is defined in definition.

And yes you can say everyone plays by the same rule, that if US can conduct military drills in China's EEZ, then China can as well vice versa, but China doesn't want to conduct military drill anywhere near the US, nor does it want the US to so so in its own backyard.

Carry a big stick.

To compare the US with the UK is childish in itself, one's past it's prime and it's only running on fumes while the other has a few decades to go depending on leadership.

The Spartys aren't recognized as Chinese Territory, if they were the Chinese would have the 12 mile territorial claim around them. This is the real dispute.

To be honest, the U.S should also give some space to China at least in Chinas own immediate shores. The U.S is already the dominant naval power in Asia,nobody can contest that not anytime soon. So i dont think giving some little space to the Chinese will do much harm. Afterall, its rather bad for a big country not to even be able to assert its infleunce in its own immediate shores.
Think both countries should agree on some way to resolve this dispute that will be benefit both sides and the region as a whole. Afterall, last time i checked i was shocked to find out that even Vietnam controls more territory in the SCS/spratlys islands than the Chinese by farrrr. Lol

You make very good point. The US just won't tolerate China in its own shoreline. This is a pure humiliation yet the Chinese navy's weak stance underscore their cowardness.

I heard people are jumping about their Chinese dream? A small incident can make you feel like back in 1990s your days of being bullied. It's hard to imagine a might industrial nation(the largest actually) like China is making such stupid mistakes. You should get some inspiration from Russia. You weak response could make Putin looks downing on you.

EAsian could be the only sane Chinese member in the forum. Others look like a bunch of braggart boy showing off your economic wonders on daily basis(what a shame). Remember those wonders and wealth made by your people's hard work only turn into other's prey if you can not defend your interest.

This is just a test,they will come again.Building more construction won't stop them.I don't know why some people keep mentioning about the construction.It don't have much to do what the US is doing.
They come, we welcome them. This is a cold war going on here where both sides will militarize and once the shot fire, hell will break lose. THAT is the main reason why we need to speed up our military modernization and build up on those islands and our surrounding capability in anticipation of war with the US in a future showdown. The US knows it, we know it. On the outside, nothing will happen but we are targeting one another. The question is remain, are they giving us enough time for build up for that future fight?

They come, we welcome them. This is a cold war going on here where both sides will militarize and once the shot fire, hell will break lose. THAT is the main reason why we need to speed up our military modernization and build up on those islands and our surrounding capability in anticipation of war with the US in a future showdown. The US knows it, we know it. On the outside, nothing will happen but we are targeting one another. The question is remain, are they giving us enough time for build up for that future fight?

There's no doubt we will win this passive war :lol:, our economies are intertwined, we are the world factory, we are the biggest consumer market for US companies like Boeing, we already are considered like a peer power in many military strength. It's unthinkable the US wants to initiate a war with China.

There's no doubt we will win this passive war :lol:, our economies are intertwined, we are the world factory, we are the biggest consumer market for US companies like Boeing, we already are considered like a peer power in many military strength. It's unthinkable the US wants to initiate a war with China.
They want to initiate war with us. It is up to our patience to remain calm and compose to deal with this threat. Until we are ready, we don't give that opportunity to them. The world can see that we are defending our territorial rights so to speak. Also let not underestimate them. When we strike, it has to be a surprise. Xi called for speeding up modernization is a must. The Chinese people need to prepare mentally and physically to overcome the challenge ahead.

Obama is very smart to send this war Lassen ship with her great Commander to challenge big mouth Chinese. So what ? What can you do ? Only bully small poor fishing boat.

US said : "...a small fishing ship or a strong destroyer all have the same right on the international sea..." and US acted to make it happen. Bravo US. Chinese said A and they do B. Nowaday, it is really crazy to listen Chinese. In fact when I read newspapaper, what Chinese say, even Xi Jinping, I usually ignor because they just talk for fun, never do or do totally differently. Poor them.
Good! you are super man.

They want to initiate war with us. It is up to our patience to remain calm and compose to deal with this threat. Until we are ready, we don't give that opportunity to them. The world can see that we are defending our territorial rights so to speak. Also let not underestimate them. When we strike, it has to be a surprise. Xi called for speeding up modernization is a must. The Chinese people need to prepare mentally and physically to overcome the challenge ahead.
There will be no war,how ridiculous,lol.Building more construction will just make you feel good,it won't drive out US ships. Because all we need is just let some ships ram the destroyer.Not like China have the guts to lauch the missile from aircraft or those island to destroy them.
In the end of all,no matter how much you spent on those islands,it won't help China to stop US intrusion at all if you don't act more seriously.

Some Chinese are fine with that US warships passing our territorial waters,saying that won't change anything.That is brain dead and ridiculous.How about let US ships passing Shanghai and Tianjin freely?Will that change anything?

I have seen all kind of execuse to cover the coward government these days,most of them will make people laugh.

There will be no war,how ridiculous,lol.Building more construction will just make you feel good,it won't drive out US ships. Because all we need is just let some ships ram the destroyer.Not like China have the guts to lauch the missile from aircraft or those island to destroy them.
In the end of all,no matter how much you spent on those islands,it won't help China to stop US intrusion at all if you don't act more seriously.

Some Chinese are fine with that US warships passing our territorial waters,saying that won't change anything.That is brain dead and ridiculous.

I have seen all kind of execuse to cover the coward government,most of them will make peop laugh.
so you want us to bomb sth. just to prove we have 'guts'?o_O

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom