What's new

South China Sea Forum

o_O You telling me that the 9 or the newly 10 dash line was never about claiming all the islands and waters of SCS?
combined-map-10-dash.jpg

Ya, his claim that China only wants to control the islands and not the SCS is utter BS.

So American warships are not allowed in SCS? Even though you stated that its international waters.

I guess every nation is free to send warships in international waters. But, given the contested status of the SCS, where international water starts and ends is debatable. Of course no nation will allow foreign surveillance ships to sail right into its territories.

Exactly, this is ultimately a message to the Chinese that they won't be able to impede US ships and aircraft from traversing the SCS.
Travel in SCS is one thing. Taking back islets back for yr philippines and Vietnam is another thing. If China construction in SCS is completed with military airfield, port and Scarborough shoal is still under Chinese control. US BS has once again failed just like how you respond to ukraine and Georgia.

Taishang seems to disagree with that view.

No, what he means is when you are their for intel gathering, expect to be harassed. because we have the freedom to navigate in your path, deal with it.

If we own the sea itself, we'd stop all merchant ships and make them pay to go through SCS, in which case we are not.

Taishang seems to disagree with that view.

No, basically, it is the physical structures that are claimed as well as their particular EEZ. He just did not mention that (China repeatedly said that) natural resources can be explored jointly or various agreements can be signed.

Freedom of navigation, especially for trade, is a major concern for China, too.

I'm referring to Iraq. But I wouldn't be surprise about Syria as well. Just recently the U.S. tried to sent a force in to rescue the hostages but that failed and they decided to kill the hostages in retaliation. But thats another story.

Intelligence and free navigation of the seas which is what the U.S. wants. If China really wish they could, they would try to prevent that from happening. After all why would the U.S. send recon planes for? To stake our claims in SCS?:-)

Intel in what ? :lol: how to create landing strips and artificial islands ?

Free navigation .. Did you achieve that ? Nope .. Instead all you have achieved there is getting harassed and forced landings.

lol so the US would lose a nuclear war to china, I guess China has a giant invisible indestructible force shield surrounding the entire country no one knows about. The US massive land & sea second strike capability would all of a sudden not exist either.

This fool doesn't know, china's nukes will be brought down before they leave their airspace.

No, what he means is when you are their for intel gathering, expect to be harassed. because we have the freedom to navigate in your path, deal with it.

If we own the sea itself, we'd stop all merchant ships and make them pay to go through SCS, in which case we are not.

American warships like to go somewhere whether intelligence gathering or humanitarian aid, so no it shouldn't be harassed. After all you had a spy ship near Hawaii and it wasn't harassed or parked in front of it that could lead to collision. But I guess its different for China.

Intel in what ? :lol: how to create landing strips and artificial islands ?

Free navigation .. Did you achieve that ? Nope .. Instead all you have achieved there is getting harassed and forced landings.

Possibly. Its a good idea to know how to make artificial islands and landing strips. American warships still travel in SCS, so yeah they still achieve that.

pivot to Asia only accelerate China island reclamation in the SCS. Pivot to Asia served the purpose for china to turn the inhabitat corral reef into dual use artificial island in SCS.

This fool doesn't know, china's nukes will be brought down before they leave their airspace.

Now that the Indian has all the answers, the US people can sleep in peace this night.

If they keep making those islands and cover every inch of SCS, then its possible to make that claim legit.:-)

The dashed line is for the structures, not for the waters. The purpose construction is scientific, security and development related. The islands can in no way cover the entire SCS. At the end of the day, regional development is good for all nations. Chinese Navy as regional power is there to protect the freedom of navigation by fighting piracy and offering help during crises. This, in fact, what the US has been doing in various parts of the world for ages.

We are here to bring freedom, peace and prosperity. It takes hard work, but nothing can really stop us.

Now that the Indian has all the answers, the US people can sleep in peace this night.

The dashed line is for the structures, not for the waters. The purpose construction is scientific, security and development related. The islands can in no way cover the entire SCS. At the end of the day, regional development is good for all nations. Chinese Navy as regional power is there to protect the freedom of navigation by fighting piracy and offering help during crises. This, in fact, what the US has been doing in various parts of the world for ages.

We are here to bring freedom, peace and prosperity. It takes hard work, but nothing can really stop us.

Really?

"No, basically, it is the physical structures that are claimed as well as their particular EEZ. He just did not mention that (China repeatedly said that) natural resources can be explored jointly or various agreements can be signed."-TaiShang.

I'm joking about making so many islands made by China that is could cover all of SCS, but I know the importance of what islands can do especially establishing EEZs even a few of them strategically placed.

How can it be the whole picture if the wake behind the LCS in the first pic and the wake behind lead ship in the second picture aren't the same? It's not the same picture.

@SvenSvensonov @Penguin - Navy guys, this isn't the same picture from different angles is it?

Its different thats for sure. But it doesn't matter, all they can do is watch even if its real.

Really?

"No, basically, it is the physical structures that are claimed as well as their particular EEZ. He just did not mention that (China repeatedly said that) natural resources can be explored jointly or various agreements can be signed."-TaiShang.

I'm joking about making so many islands made by China that is could cover all of SCS, but I know the importance of what islands can do especially establishing EEZs even a few of them strategically placed.

Good, you have a sense of humor.

But, seriously, it is not the entire water, but just the physical features above the water that are claimed and built.

In terms of island building, China is in fact a late comer. Filippinos and Vietnamese started much earlier. Just as with the ADIZ thing. China has started doing what others have been doing for decades.

But, given its industrial capabilities and technological advancement, once on it, China's island development is explosive and catching a lot of headlines. But, once the reality sinks deep enough, people will get used to the new normal. Reactions are anticipated and mediocre for us.

Indeed. To have a strategic control over the SCS, you really do not need to own the entire sea. So, claiming the entire water does not make sense, to begin with. Besides, what is more important than the fisheries and resources is freedom of navigation, which is important for China as the largest trading nation on the face of the Earth.

What is important is capacity and capability-building. It does not mean you would use them right away. The capabilities can be mobilized only in times of crises. I guess, as a great power, US, at least in the past, was not foreign to the idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom