What's new

South China Sea Forum

Umm there are American boots on the ground currently. Its a well known fact.

In Syria? That's new to me. As far as I know, you provide logistics and training to JN terrorists, but not involved in direct action against former ally ISIS or new enemy, Assad. Any links?

For me, I would say that there are few countries in the world , right now, who have such a broad span of national interest that extends from the Atlantic to the Pacific as the United States.
That is the issue, you can not expect the armed forces to fix this problem, and I use fix in the broadest of terms. What will be the fix here will be US Navy ships patrolling without any one disturbing them and at the same time the Islands will get completed and a stronger grip achieved. Going to war is something neither nation will do and it will be a wasted exercise in terms of conflict resolution. I was not doubting the US Navy which is the strongest right now but rather what it achieves. And as for ask Americans, old habits die hard, tagging you for opinions is one of them.

Did the Hainan incident stop the recon by American planes? No. Did stopping in front of American warships stop the U.S. from sending ships to SCS, nope. Last year they intercept a plane, great job. Take pics and go home.

Ah cool ... And what did you gain ? Nothing... The Chinese didn't stop reclaiming or building infra in SCS or harassing yours assets.. I seriously don't see any gain to USA or Vietnam ?

In Syria? That's new to me. As far as I know, you provide logistics and training to JN terrorists, but not involved in direct action against former ally ISIS or new enemy, Assad. Any links?

I'm referring to Iraq. But I wouldn't be surprise about Syria as well. Just recently the U.S. tried to sent a force in to rescue the hostages but that failed and they decided to kill the hostages in retaliation. But thats another story.

Ah cool ... And what did you gain ? Nothing... The Chinese didn't stop reclaiming or building infra in SCS or harassing yours assets.. I seriously don't see any gain to USA or Vietnam ?

Intelligence and free navigation of the seas which is what the U.S. wants. If China really wish they could, they would try to prevent that from happening. After all why would the U.S. send recon planes for? To stake our claims in SCS?:-)

Exactly, this is ultimately a message to the Chinese that they won't be able to impede US ships and aircraft from traversing the SCS.

pretty weak for an ultimate massage lol,
You don't have the balls to stop American warships and planes traversing in the waters and as you already stated already done and that China still claims the whole entire SCS no matter how many islands you made. That is the purpose and pointed out in the first place in the op.

To show that China doesn't own all of SCS. Because if they did, they would not allow American ships or any other foreign vessels operating in there.

we never claimed we own the waters, we even hold exercise with USN in SCS from time to time, the nine dash line means we own all the islands and reefs within it. so stop b!tching and fire your guns already.

'here' = the usual hyper-nationalists :lol:
The use of the navy is both futile and inflammatory, because on one side you know there will be no war and on the other it will make things worse in diplomatic terms. There is no real policy plan in place in regards to this issue and laughing at other people will not solve this issue. Nationalists maybe wrong in their assumptions but I am at a loss myself at what this will achieve.

Intelligence and free navigation of the seas which is what the U.S. wants. If China really wish they could, they would try to prevent that from happening.

You have all your freedom of navigation, for sure. If US really wanted to achieve something, it woould stop China from its regular activities in the SCS. Otherwise, China values open trade routes (as the largest trading nation on earth) as much as (if not more than) the US does.

In fact, the build-up is partly to ensure freedom of navigation for everybody and contribute to the regional economic development.

pretty weak for an ultimate massage lol,

we never claimed we own the waters, we even hold exercise with USN in SCS from time to time, the nine dash line means we own all the islands and reefs within it. so stop b!tching and fire your guns already.

o_O You telling me that the 9 or the newly 10 dash line was never about claiming all the islands and waters of SCS?
combined-map-10-dash.jpg

o_O You telling me that the 9 or the newly 10 dash line was never about claiming all the islands and waters of SCS?
combined-map-10-dash.jpg

It is about the physical structures, not the water itself. Hence the dashed line, not a solid one. Of course, each island comes with its EEZ, but, I guess the issue is negotiable if it overlaps with the EEZ of other nations.

You have all your freedom of navigation, for sure. If US really wanted to achieve something, it woould stop China from its regular activities in the SCS. Otherwise, China values open trade routes (as the largest trading nation on earth) as much as (if not more than) the US does.

In fact, the build-up is partly to ensure freedom of navigation for everybody and contribute to the regional economic development.

My idealistic dream is to see all the nations that has stake claims to SCS to share that territory (in other words shares the resources) but thats not going to happen. In any case, recent actions by China trying to stop an American warship in SCS by parking in front of it doesn't tell me much about the respect for freedom of navigation.

combined-map-10-dash.jpg

LOL read my post genius, I said we own the islands and reefs and whatever resources in SCS but we dont own the sea itself, therefore we dont give a fvck if US navy warship is in SCS.

My idealistic dream is to see all the nations that has stake claims to SCS to share that territory but thats not going to happen. In any case, recent actions by China trying to stop an American warship in SCS by parking in front of it doesn't tell me much about the respect for freedom of navigation.

That's a warship which has nothing to do with trade. Trade ships can sail freely without the presence of a US warship. Besides, once your presence gets too close and threatening to China's national security, you will be warned.

You have been doing the same thing with Russians.

You are free to use international waters, not China's waters. The SCS construction is to make sure that your actions are better monitored and, in times of conflict or war, your military presence is brought to nil.

In peace time, the SCS construction is to ensure security and freedom of navigation.

It is about the physical structures, not the water itself. Hence the dashed line, not a solid one. Of course, each island comes with its EEZ, but, I guess the issue is negotiable if it overlaps with the EEZ of other nations.

Well I can see how important the fishing industry is besides the islands and the resources under the seabed.

That's a warship which has nothing to do with trade. Trade ships can sail freely without the presence of a US warship. Besides, once your presence gets too close and threatening to China's national security, you will be warned.

You have been doing the same thing with Russians.

You are free to use international waters, not China's waters. The SCS construction is to make sure that your actions are better monitored and, in times of conflict or war, your military presence is brought to nil.

In peace time, the SCS construction is to ensure security and freedom of navigation.

So American warships are not allowed in SCS? Even though you stated that its international waters.

Well I can see how important the fishing industry is besides the islands and the resources under the seabed.

Yes, there is economic interests that overlap with geo-strategic interests. That's the particular claimants to decide. There is always a chance to sign fishery and joint exploration/resource sharing agreements.

China has offered this to all first-degree parties to the conflict.

LOL read my post genius, I said we own the islands and reefs and whatever resources in SCS but we dont own the sea itself, therefore we dont give a fvck if US navy warship is in SCS.

Taishang seems to disagree with that view.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom