What's new

South China Sea Forum

China's military budget: $145 BILLION. US military aid to Vietnam is non-existent.

US military aid to Vietnam is a miserly $18 million. That's roughly 1/10,000th of China's military budget.

It's obvious to everyone that the US is treating Vietnam and the Philippines as a joke. How else can you explain the ridiculously tiny $18 million military aid to Vietnam and $40 million to the Philippines?
----------

Meager $18 million US military aid to Vietnam

US Offers Vietnam Massive Aid Package To Boost Coast Guard - The American Interest

km9NdFf.jpg

----------

Miserly $40 million US military aid to the Philippines

US Pledges $40 Million in Military Aid to Philippines

KILh5do.jpg

China's military power in the South China Sea and the US response

China has at least 600 modern fourth-generation fighter aircraft (J-10A, J-10B, J-11A, J-11B, Su-27, Su-30, J-15, and J-16).

Additionally, China has:

1 Aircraft Carrier (Liaoning)
25 Destroyers (Type 052, Type 052B, Type 052C, Type 052D, and a few older ships)
47 Frigates (Type 054A and some older ships)
23 Corvettes (Type 056 and some older ships)
70 Submarines (Type 093 Shang SSN, Type 094 Jin SSBN, Type 091 Han SSN, Type 092 Xia SSBN, Type 041 Yuan SSK with AIP, Type 039 Song, Kilos, and Mings)

In response to the Chinese Armada, the US provides...5 patrol boats to Vietnam!

I can't stop laughing.
What difference will 5 patrol boats make? A destroyer's main gun can destroy all 5 patrol boats in under 10 seconds.

Last edited:
So what if it is only $40 million from the US?

Heck, with Japan now easing their arms export, we could likely procure arms from them with cheaper prices compared to US-made weapons. Other than that, we could also look for other sources of weapons here in South East Asia as well as look at South Korea for weapons.

It is also a wonder why China has massive arms program if the Chinese are confident they can "exterminate" the Viets and Pinoys.

There is a saying, "If you can't beat them, then join them."

0.SCS_China_Islands.jpg

I went over some of my notes. There are likely to be airstrips on Meiji (Mischief), Huayang (Cuarteron), Zhubi (Subi) and Yongshu (Fiery Cross) Islands. Looking at this map, you can see that these are the most logical positions. The Chinese have a grand plan and they are executing this plan. Looking at the record of the past 30+ years, I wouldn't bet against China. They have a very capable government whether we like it or not.

So, my advice to the Viets and Pinoys is to ignore the Americans' noise, forego their puny $18 million and $40 million aid and start working and cooperating with China. The benefits of cooperation is definitely more than these puny amount of aid. The Chinese are not really interested in your small piece of dirt in the SCS but they are more concern for their security. History has shown time and time again, the seas within their first island chain is very important to their security and sovereignty.

The Malaysians are very smart. Follow what they are doing and you will be alright. You don't have to believe me, but just wonder why China has never made any noise towards the Malaysians but praise them instead.

The Americans are using the Viets and Pinoys as proxies to try to isolate or surround China. This won't work as China is just too big now and constantly getting bigger. The Russians are certainly on China's side so are some the major countries in Europe (although they may not openly show it).

One more reminder to the Viets and Pinoys - when two elephants dance together, keep out of the way if you don't want to be injured.

socializing.jpg

041114-BRP-Sierra-Madre-Ayungin-Shoal-.jpg

bai-co-may-3.jpg

BRP-Sierra-Madre-13.jpg

When will these poor people leave the rusty junk yard on humantarian grounds?

13I10243H5420-25057_lit.gif

How about no?

View attachment 199420

I went over some of my notes. There are likely to be airstrips on Meiji (Mischief), Huayang (Cuarteron), Zhubi (Subi) and Yongshu (Fiery Cross) Islands. Looking at this map, you can see that these are the most logical positions. The Chinese have a grand plan and they are executing this plan. Looking at the record of the past 30+ years, I wouldn't bet against China. They have a very capable government whether we like it or not.

So, my advice to the Viets and Pinoys is to ignore the Americans' noise, forego their puny $18 million and $40 million aid and start working and cooperating with China. The benefits of cooperation is definitely more than these puny amount of aid. The Chinese are not really interested in your small piece of dirt in the SCS but they are more concern for their security. History has shown time and time again, the seas within their first island chain is very important to their security and sovereignty.

The Malaysians are very smart. Follow what they are doing and you will be alright. You don't have to believe me, but just wonder why China has never made any noise towards the Malaysians but praise them instead.

The Americans are using the Viets and Pinoys as proxies to try to isolate or surround China. This won't work as China is just too big now and constantly getting bigger. The Russians are certainly on China's side so are some the major countries in Europe (although they may not openly show it).

One more reminder to the Viets and Pinoys - when two elephants dance together, keep out of the way if you don't want to be injured.

And what, lose more territory to China and our fishing industry die because we cannot fish anymore?

You are implying that we should disarm ourselves and be China's stooge where we will be pushed and shoved like slaves. Sure Americans are doing that but they are benevolent than China. Heck, if their history is to be looked at, they always wanted tributary states and whatever they call them at present times, it is still similar to the ancient Chinese tributary system.

And what of Japan? You mentioned Russia, Europe and even US but not Japan, which also have significant role in Asia-Pacific.

In our own views, if we were to choose between two evils, we would rather accept the lesser one (US-NATO) rather than the greater one (China-SCO)

Nature will take care of you
Has the bottom of the rusty junk yard fallen off yet?

13I102MU0X0-152b_lit.gif

It was run aground, meaning it is over a very shallow area of water, so not, it hasn't fallen off yet, unless you were talking about the top deck.

Nature or the PLA Navy, because it is more like the latter.

It was run aground, meaning it is over a very shallow area of water, so not, it hasn't fallen off yet, unless you were talking about the top deck.

Nature or the PLA Navy, because it is more like the latter.

Even if the rusty bottom is not falling off now, it wont take long for the structure of the rusty junk to break apart piece by piece

Are you sending medics to check for the health of the poor people?

2009251554220.gif

Even if the rusty bottom is not falling off now, it wont take long for the structure of the rusty junk to break apart piece by piece

Are you sending medics to check for the health of the poor people?

2009251554220.gif

Then we would run aground another ship even if we have to play tag with Chinese coast guard ships.

And no, it is a rotating deployment with supplies being air-dropped.

Then we would run aground another ship even if we have to play tag with Chinese coast guard ships.
o are
And no, it is a rotating deployment with supplies being air-dropped.

Good idea
I hope you can ground your whole fleet there asap
But you are not landing the medics for the necessary checking up of your folks?

dd1dee41ee7cb508fd8f509318965004.gif

cooperating with China. ?? Why must we cooperate wt a coward-poorly trained-corrupted army like PLA ?? U can keep building, but if u make some stupid action like the last oil rig conflict, then we will kick your sorry @$$ back again and again , and the whole World can give a big laugh to ur coward-poorly trained-corrupted PLA again

Pls note that since we VN came here, we only see Chinese have the guts to balh blah on internet, dare not make any strong action on real battle . U r so cheap, guys :pop:

Good idea
I hope you can ground your whole fleet there asap
But you are not landing the medics for the necessary checking up of your folks?

dd1dee41ee7cb508fd8f509318965004.gif

We're only going to ground obsolete ships, not the new ones.

The soldiers in that grounded ship gets rotated, thus medical checkup is likely done when they return to base.

Back
Top Bottom