What's new

South China Sea Forum

China's military power in the South China Sea and the US response

China has at least 600 modern fourth-generation fighter aircraft (J-10A, J-10B, J-11A, J-11B, Su-27, Su-30, J-15, and J-16).

Additionally, China has:

1 Aircraft Carrier (Liaoning)
25 Destroyers (Type 052, Type 052B, Type 052C, Type 052D, and a few older ships)
47 Frigates (Type 054A and some older ships)
23 Corvettes (Type 056 and some older ships)
70 Submarines (Type 093 Shang SSN, Type 094 Jin SSBN, Type 091 Han SSN, Type 092 Xia SSBN, Type 041 Yuan SSK with AIP, Type 039 Song, Kilos, and Mings)

In response to the Chinese Armada, the US provides...5 patrol boats to Vietnam!

I can't stop laughing.
What difference will 5 patrol boats make? A destroyer's main gun can destroy all 5 patrol boats in under 10 seconds.

If China attempt to use warship to confront other nation Coast Guard ships, there're some surprises for them. Anyway, we expect the ASEAN Coast Guard established soon, next ASEAN-TO

Wow, I see so many VN flag on the pic when it so hard to see China flag :pop:

Vietnam has the stadiums to play football for long time.

China come to the point that unable to come back. They must feel regretable to not stop in time.

Last edited:
Chinese logic when the said triad airbases are made:

Intrude into our "territory" and we will bomb your cities and we will bomb your civilians until you monkeys say "All Hail, China!"

:cheesy::cheesy::chilli:

it seems 1988 has been a long time ago from the big mouth below.
cooperating with China. ?? Why must we cooperate wt a coward-poorly trained-corrupted army like PLA ?? U can keep building, but if u make some stupid action like the last oil rig conflict, then we will kick your sorry @$$ back again and again , and the whole World can give a big laugh to ur coward-poorly trained-corrupted PLA again

Pls note that since we VN came here, we only see Chinese have the guts to balh blah on internet, dare not make any strong action on real battle . U r so cheap, guys :pop:

really curious about the surprise, cannot wait to see, hoho
If China attempt to use warship to confront other nation Coast Guard ships, there're some surprises for them. Anyway, we expect the ASEAN Coast Guard established soon, next ASEAN-TO

Vietnam has the stadiums to play football for long time.

China come to the point that unable to come back. They must feel regretable to not stop in time.

Yes, what you speculate is correct, China had and has a grand strategy over SCS, maybe not only over SCS.
but at least, the reefs, that in 1988, PLA navy decided to grab, had been carefully selected.
There is a saying, "If you can't beat them, then join them."

View attachment 199420

I went over some of my notes. There are likely to be airstrips on Meiji (Mischief), Huayang (Cuarteron), Zhubi (Subi) and Yongshu (Fiery Cross) Islands. Looking at this map, you can see that these are the most logical positions. The Chinese have a grand plan and they are executing this plan. Looking at the record of the past 30+ years, I wouldn't bet against China. They have a very capable government whether we like it or not.

So, my advice to the Viets and Pinoys is to ignore the Americans' noise, forego their puny $18 million and $40 million aid and start working and cooperating with China. The benefits of cooperation is definitely more than these puny amount of aid. The Chinese are not really interested in your small piece of dirt in the SCS but they are more concern for their security. History has shown time and time again, the seas within their first island chain is very important to their security and sovereignty.

The Malaysians are very smart. Follow what they are doing and you will be alright. You don't have to believe me, but just wonder why China has never made any noise towards the Malaysians but praise them instead.

The Americans are using the Viets and Pinoys as proxies to try to isolate or surround China. This won't work as China is just too big now and constantly getting bigger. The Russians are certainly on China's side so are some the major countries in Europe (although they may not openly show it).

One more reminder to the Viets and Pinoys - when two elephants dance together, keep out of the way if you don't want to be injured.

China's military budget: $145 BILLION. US military aid to Vietnam is non-existent.

US military aid to Vietnam is a miserly $18 million. That's roughly 1/10,000th of China's military budget.

It's obvious to everyone that the US is treating Vietnam and the Philippines as a joke. How else can you explain the ridiculously tiny $18 million military aid to Vietnam and $40 million to the Philippines?
----------

Meager $18 million US military aid to Vietnam

US Offers Vietnam Massive Aid Package To Boost Coast Guard - The American Interest

km9NdFf.jpg

----------

Miserly $40 million US military aid to the Philippines

US Pledges $40 Million in Military Aid to Philippines

KILh5do.jpg
well, you can laugh days and nights if you like, but I say a big thank you to uncle sam for the $18 millions. it is the first time the US provides military aid. one should not forget, we receive another $10 millions for mine clearance this year.

US pledges $10 million for landmine clearance in Vietnam | Politics | Thanh Nien Daily

There is a saying, "If you can't beat them, then join them."

View attachment 199420

I went over some of my notes. There are likely to be airstrips on Meiji (Mischief), Huayang (Cuarteron), Zhubi (Subi) and Yongshu (Fiery Cross) Islands. Looking at this map, you can see that these are the most logical positions. The Chinese have a grand plan and they are executing this plan. Looking at the record of the past 30+ years, I wouldn't bet against China. They have a very capable government whether we like it or not.

So, my advice to the Viets and Pinoys is to ignore the Americans' noise, forego their puny $18 million and $40 million aid and start working and cooperating with China. The benefits of cooperation is definitely more than these puny amount of aid. The Chinese are not really interested in your small piece of dirt in the SCS but they are more concern for their security. History has shown time and time again, the seas within their first island chain is very important to their security and sovereignty.

The Malaysians are very smart. Follow what they are doing and you will be alright. You don't have to believe me, but just wonder why China has never made any noise towards the Malaysians but praise them instead.

The Americans are using the Viets and Pinoys as proxies to try to isolate or surround China. This won't work as China is just too big now and constantly getting bigger. The Russians are certainly on China's side so are some the major countries in Europe (although they may not openly show it).

One more reminder to the Viets and Pinoys - when two elephants dance together, keep out of the way if you don't want to be injured.
from all of your bullshit bla bla bla post above, only I can agree to "The Malaysians are very smart". you obviously not. If you are dumb and retard, don´t make the mistake and assume other people are as dumb and retard as you.

a quiz for you:

the US gives us $10m for mine clearance this year, how much money does China give for mine clearance, mines and granates that aren´t exploded in north vietnam after the PLA bastards came destroying our cities killing our people?

Last edited:
well, you can laugh days and nights if you like, but I say a big thank you to uncle sam for the $18 millions. it is the first time the US provides military aid. one should not forget, we receive another $10 millions for mine clearance this year.

US pledges $10 million for landmine clearance in Vietnam | Politics | Thanh Nien Daily

from all of your bullshit bla bla bla post above, only I can agree to "The Malaysians are very smart". you obviously not. If you are dumb and retard, don´t make the mistake and assume other people are as dumb and retard as you.

Why even bother?

Come on. $28 million is pointless. The US effect is incredibly minimal.

Tell me, what's the difference between having the US support you with $28 million per year and no US support? It's about the same thing.

It's like the US isn't even there.

You can't fight a war with US press releases or $28 million dollars. You need a lot of advanced heavy hardware. You guys got zip. Five patrol boats to fight The Dragon!
----------

U.S. offers help to South East Asia, most to Vietnam, to patrol seas| Reuters

"Kerry said up to $18 million of the funds would go toward strengthening Vietnam's coastal patrols to help its coastguard react quicker to search and rescue missions, and for disasters. The funding would also be used to buy five 'fast' patrol boats for Vietnam's coastguard in 2014, he added."

Last edited:
Why even bother?

Come on. $28 million is pointless. The US effect is incredibly minimal.

Tell me, what's the difference between having the US support you with $28 million per year and no US support? It's about the same thing.

It's like the US isn't even there.

You can't fight a war with US press releases or $28 million dollars. You need a lot of advanced heavy hardware. You guys got zip. Five patrol boats!
----------

U.S. offers help to South East Asia, most to Vietnam, to patrol seas| Reuters
"Kerry said up to $18 million of the funds would go toward strengthening Vietnam's coastal patrols to help its coastguard react quicker to search and rescue missions, and for disasters. The funding would also be used to buy five 'fast' patrol boats for Vietnam's coastguard in 2014, he added."
why bother? well, I am not as a rich boy as you saying $28m is nothing. do you think we will use these 5 patrol boats to fight your destroyers? are you sleeping? the boats will patrol the coast. that is their task.

just in case you haven´t noticed, our defence budget is $7.7b this year, and expected to reach $11.1 in 2019.

Vietnam Defence & Security Report

why bother? well, I am not as a rich boy as you saying $28m is nothing. do you think we will use these 5 patrol boats to fight your destroyers? are you sleeping? the boats will patrol the coast. that is their task.

just in case you haven´t noticed, our defence budget is $7.7b this year, and expected to reach $11.1 in 2019.

Vietnam Defence & Security Report

Vietnam is toast

China's defense budget: $145 billion (plus it buys high-technology weapons)

Vietnam's defense budget: $8 billion (mostly to pay peasant soldier wages)

I say you guys are toast. US support of five patrol boats won't tip the balance.

Vietnam is toast

I say you guys are toast. US support of five patrol boats won't tip the balance.
the US military budget is higher than yours. the balance of power will be altered if we ally with the US. you are a toast.

the US military budget is higher than yours. the balance of power will be altered if we ally with the US. you are a toast.
US has never allied with a communist nation such as Vietnam

1. Vietnam is a communist country. The US has never signed a defense treaty with a communist nation. You are out of luck.

2. US pledged neutrality repeatedly.

3. China has shorter logistical lines. In other words, most of the US military assets are 10,000 miles away.

4. China buys more per dollar than the US. US only has one major weapon program in the F-35.

China has six major new weapon programs.
a. Chengdu J-20 stealth fighter
b. Shenyang J-31 stealth fighter
c. Type 095 SSN
d. Type 096 Tang-class SSBN with JL-3 SLBMs
e. Type 055 Destroyer
f. Chinese Nimitz-class aircraft carrier

China holds all of the cards.

Last edited:
socializing.jpg

041114-BRP-Sierra-Madre-Ayungin-Shoal-.jpg

bai-co-may-3.jpg

BRP-Sierra-Madre-13.jpg

When will these poor people leave the rusty junk yard on humantarian grounds?

13I10243H5420-25057_lit.gif

If i always harass your supply ships from going to your outpost maybe it will happen to you too why not take it see what happens beside you people already violated every agreeement why you people afriad i guess being a bully has hurt china alot most of your neighboring are building up military capabilities and people are already concern so go ahead put other nail to the peaceful rise coffie i tell you again you guys suck on making china look good.

Last edited:
Vietnam is toast

US has never allied with a communist nation such as Vietnam

1. Vietnam is a communist country. The US has never signed a defense treaty with a communist nation. You are out of luck.

2. US pledged neutrality repeatedly.

3. China has shorter logistical lines. In other words, most of the US military assets are 10,000 miles away.

4. China buys more per dollar than the US. US only has one major weapon program in the F-35.

China has six major new weapon programs.
a. Chengdu J-20 stealth fighter
b. Shenyang J-31 stealth fighter
c. Type 095 SSN
d. Type 096 Tang-class SSBN with JL-3 SLBMs
e. Type 055 Destroyer
f. Chinese Nimitz-class aircraft carrier

China holds all of the cards.

Your tone suggests that you really want war, destroy the country and exterminate the people that China deems as evil.

Vietnam stands alone!

Many of our Vietnamese forum members do not realize that the United States has NEVER signed a defense treaty with a communist country such as Vietnam. Israel can be an ally of the United States. Vietnam cannot.

The United States has declared neutrality in the South China Sea for forty years. In the past year alone, the United States made two very public proclamations of neutrality (see citation below). There were US declarations of neutrality regarding the South China Sea made on June and December of 2014.

This leaves only one option. You Vietnamese have to face China alone. Good luck guys.
----------

Forty years of US neutrality on the South China Sea issue

For those that are keeping track, the latest US pronouncement of neutrality on the South China Sea occurred on December 7, 2014. From 1974 (see chart below) to 2014, that's 40 years of US neutrality. Happy 40th anniversary everybody!

Beijing's and Washington's Dueling South China Sea Papers | Center for Strategic and International Studies

"Dec 9, 2014 - Two days earlier the U.S. State Department released a long-awaited ... islands in the South China Sea, reiterating the U.S. position of neutrality."
----------

China and America: A Superpower Showdown in Asia | The National Interest

sfe6onS.jpg

Last edited:
sooner, there will be three airbase there, we will see how they do in the triangle?
pushing is enough
will they fire?
View attachment 199435

Oh good things to shoot down with when our anti air missiles and manpods get here and plus i love to see other US airforce deployment in the area to shut you people up for good just like what they did in when you arrogant jerks try to Air nonsense zone in someone elses EZZ that was funny to see too i mean P8 is here in the Philippines and the US Marines air corp is here as well plus guam is near by so the US airforce plus soon Japan and Vietnam (there part of the wood) and us with our new FA50s so wow and Indonesia too since its pretty close oh wait i forgot Malaysia too so that alot of countries you people are going to piss off good luck.

Vietnam stands alone!

Many of our Vietnamese forum members do not realize that the United States has NEVER signed a defense treaty with a communist country such as Vietnam.

The United States has declared neutrality in the South China Sea for forty years. In the past year, the United States made two very public proclamations of neutrality (see citation below).

This leaves only one option. You Vietnamese have to face China alone. Good luck guys.
----------

Forty years of US neutrality on the South China Sea issue

For those that are keeping track, the latest US pronouncement of neutrality on the South China Sea occurred on December 7, 2014. From 1974 (see chart below) to 2014, that's 40 years of US neutrality. Happy 40th anniversary everybody!

Beijing's and Washington's Dueling South China Sea Papers | Center for Strategic and International Studies

"Dec 9, 2014 - Two days earlier the U.S. State Department released a long-awaited ... islands in the South China Sea, reiterating the U.S. position of neutrality."
----------

China and America: A Superpower Showdown in Asia | The National Interest

sfe6onS.jpg

Again you suck at this nice try but save your nonsense for someone who cares you people piss off a lot countries your going to lose hard just ask Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany and Facist Italy oh wait their gone now up same thing here.

Oh good things to shoot down with when our anti air missiles and manpods get here and plus i love to see other US airforce deployment in the area to shut you people up for good just like what they did in when you arrogant jerks try to Air nonsense zone in someone elses EZZ that was funny to see too i mean P8 is here in the Philippines and the US Marines air corp is here as well plus guam is near by so the US airforce plus soon Japan and Vietnam (there part of the wood) and us with our new FA50s so wow and Indonesia too since its pretty close oh wait i forgot Malaysia too so that alot of countries you people are going to piss off good luck.

Again you suck at this nice try but save your nonsense for someone who cares you people piss off a lot countries your going to lose hard just ask Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany and Facist Italy oh wait their gone now up same thing here.
Don't compare China to very weak Germany

Oh please, you can't be that stupid.

China is 50 times stronger than Germany.

1. China has thermonuclear weapons.
2. China is a continent of 9.6 million square kilometers. Germany is smaller than the state of Montana.
3. China has 1.4 BILLION people. Germany had 0.08 billion people.

China can conquer all of Asia and still have 1 Billion people in reserve.

Back
Top Bottom