What's new

South China Sea Forum

I guess because of censorship you can't have it, am I right?

min 01:00
:hitwall:, naughty buddy, you make fun of me again. :(. Censorship may be part of the reason, but I really didn't hear about this place before. It maybe a very little island.

I guess because of censorship you can't have it, am I right?

min 01:00
:(, I can't open the file.

:hitwall:, naughty buddy, you make fun of me again. :(. Censorship may be part of the reason, but I really didn't hear about this place before. It maybe a very little island.

:(, I can't open the file.

that called censorship when you can't access youtube by govt act.

1. you misquoted.
2. how about your opinion about Japan ? I guess China must overpass Japan for hundred times in the past based on your logic.

China, India, Japan, Indonesia and Australia is five powers in Asia. Japan lead Asia for a long time between 1900's and WWII, but nowadays Japan is a strange nation controlled by USA. It's very easy for Vietnam to change constitution, but do you know how hard it is Japan change its constitution if USA disagree?

that called censorship when you can't access youtube by govt act.

Of course I know, China govt banned Youtube, google, facebook and twitter for complicated reasons. can you put it on tudou ( means potato )?

Our Old Map

This is my reply on you

@BoQ77

Majapahit Kingdom

1293–1527
Today part of

23px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
Indonesia
23px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
Malaysia
23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
Singapore
23px-Flag_of_Brunei.svg.png
Brunei
23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
Thailand
23px-Flag_of_East_Timor.svg.png
East Timor
23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg.png
Philippines

Majapahit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

781px-Majapahit_Empire.svg.png

Satellite imagery showing the progress of Nanxun (Gaven) Island, from 30 March 2014 through to 30 January 2015. What a pretty sight!

On 30 January 2015, there is already a causeway linking the original structure to the reclaimed island. All these work in 10 months, incredible achievement.

There is a lot of construction activities going on the island.

Nanxun.南薰礁.Gaven.2015-01-30_BN-HA035_0218cr.jpg

Picture of Chigua (Johnson South) in January 2015. Lots of construction happening.
The original outpost (facility) is now incorporated into the reclaimed island. Adjacent to it is a new multi-storey building being built. It has a nice dredged harbour.

Chigua.赤瓜礁.Johnson.South.2015-01-01_BN-HA026_0218cr.jpg

Which question from me?

From other thread, I dont want to be off topic when you asked me about 9 dot map of China at a thread talking about China railing system (if I am not mistaken), so here I give our old map that consist of other ASEAN countries land and sea at this thread since we are discussing SCS dispute here.

From other thread, I dont want to be off topic when you asked me about 9 dot map of China at a thread talking about China railing system (if I am not mistaken), so here I give our old map that consist of other ASEAN countries land and sea at this thread since we are discussing SCS dispute here.

Yeah, thanks !!!
How about your opinion about their recent acts ?

Yeah, thanks !!!
How about your opinion about their recent acts ?

I think every one should refrain any aggressive act, once it is seen by the people from a nationalistic media, so it can have terrible consequence and current government can be pressured psychologically at their home country to act more aggressive. At Ambalat sea, we have already used warship and fighter jet plus putting some marine personnel there to counter Malaysia move, and you know what was happening when our media covered it.....? Our people asked our President to have a war with Malaysia.........

I think every one should refrain any aggressive act, once it is seen by the people from a nationalistic media, so it can have terrible consequence and current government can be pressured psychologically at their home country to act more aggressive. At Ambalat sea, we have already used warship and fighter jet plus putting some marine personnel there to counter Malaysia move, and you know what was happening when our media covered it.....? Our people asked our President to have a war with Malaysia.........

at this moment, it seems that the only one acts unilaterally is China.

Why is the US constantly sowing discord in South China Sea? - People's Daily Online

Why is the US constantly sowing discord in South China Sea?
(People's Daily Online) 08:42, February 05, 2015

The US 7th Fleet Commander Robert Thomas recently stated that the United States would welcome a Japanese extension of air patrols into the South China Sea. The Pentagon subsequently expressed support for this statement and said this would help to maintain stability in the South China Sea.

We all know the South China Sea is not peaceful. In recent decades, several countries surrounding the region have been eroding Chinese territory and violating China's economic rights and interests in the region.

Meanwhile, the United States pushes its 'rebalancing'strategy in the Asia-Pacific region and expands its military presence in the region. For some time, the Unites States has not only conducted close surveillance over China, but also expanded its alliances and partnerships in the region.

The Unites States is an obvious agitator in the South China Sea disputes, which would be resolved through direct negotiation without US interference.

Senior US military officials and officials of the Department of Defense are now encouraging Japan to get involved in South China Sea affairs Their objectives are as follows:

First, by expanding the internationalization of the South China Sea, to exert more international pressure on China; second, through a joint show of force by the United States and Japan, to upgrade the deterrent to China; third, sending a signal to the other parties involved that they have no need to rely on diplomatic means to seek mutual benefits; they can depend on the interference of the United States.

The United States has nothing more to offer than continued dominance in East Asia. It appears to take the view that neither China nor any of the other countries which are actually located in this region are entitled to develop rules that apply there. China only seeks to safeguard its legitimate rights and interests of national sovereignty, and does not seek any special entitlements. The South China Sea has historically belonged to China, and its neighboring countries have accepted that as a fact in the past.

The United States has repeatedly encouraged Japan to patrol in the region, an indication that it hopes to take advantage of the Sino-Japanese conflict to hinder independent consultations between China and the ASEAN countries.

In the name of regional stability, the United States is sowing discord in the South China Sea. It will not succeed in its attempts to dominate the region, and the East Asian countries should realize that achieving regional development and security depend on cooperation.

The author is Shen Dingli, a professor and associate dean at the Institute of International Studies of Shanghai-based Fudan University.

This article was edited and translated from 美国为何唯恐南海不乱, source: People's Daily Overseas Edition, author: Shen Dingli.

Chinese Song Dynasty artifacts from South China Sea prove sovereignty

The following photographs prove Chinese Song Dynasty (960-1279) galleons traversed the entirety of the South China Sea islands and maritime territory. China had sovereignty over the South China Sea hundreds of years before the existence of the Philippines (1946) or Vietnam (1945).
----------

Over 60,000 Song porcelains discovered in South China Sea

"Over 60,000 Song porcelains discovered in South China Sea
2015/1/31 17:04:17

67NvgJp.jpg

Photo taken on Jan. 28, 2015 shows an archaeologist showing ancient coins discovered on the Nanhai (South China Sea) No. 1 ship at the "Crystal Palace" at the Marine Silk Road Museum in Yangjiang, south China's Guangdong Province. After seven years of excavation, more than 60,000 porcelain artifacts from the Song Dynasty (960-1279) have been discovered on the ship, which had lain undersea for more than 800 years and was put into protection in the Marine Silk Road Museum after its salvage in 2007. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

LpaWUyU.jpg

Photo taken on Jan. 29, 2015 shows artifacts discovered on the Nanhai (South China Sea) No. 1 ship at the "Crystal Palace" at the Marine Silk Road Museum in Yangjiang, south China's Guangdong Province. After seven years of excavation, more than 60,000 porcelain artifacts from the Song Dynasty (960-1279) have been discovered on the ship, which had lain undersea for more than 800 years and was put into protection in the Marine Silk Road Museum after its salvage in 2007. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

uwNlY4t.jpg

Photo taken on Jan. 28, 2015 shows archaeologists checking the cracks on the Nanhai (South China Sea) No. 1 ship at the "Crystal Palace" at the Marine Silk Road Museum in Yangjiang, south China's Guangdong Province. After seven years of excavation, more than 60,000 porcelain artifacts from the Song Dynasty (960-1279) have been discovered on the ship, which had lain undersea for more than 800 years and was put into protection in the Marine Silk Road Museum after its salvage in 2007. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

Ercay6I.jpg

Photo taken on Jan. 29, 2015 shows Chen Fangcai (C), an expert in traditional shipbuilding, examining the Nanhai (South China Sea) No. 1 ship at the "Crystal Palace" at the Marine Silk Road Museum in Yangjiang, south China's Guangdong Province. After seven years of excavation, more than 60,000 porcelain artifacts from the Song Dynasty (960-1279) have been discovered on the ship, which had lain undersea for more than 800 years and was put into protection in the Marine Silk Road Museum after its salvage in 2007. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

GXHdQTm.jpg

Photo taken on Jan. 29, 2015 shows an archaeologist covering the Nanhai (South China Sea) No. 1 ship with cloth for protection at the "Crystal Palace" at the Marine Silk Road Museum in Yangjiang, south China's Guangdong Province. After seven years of excavation, more than 60,000 porcelain artifacts from the Song Dynasty (960-1279) have been discovered on the ship, which had lain undersea for more than 800 years and was put into protection in the Marine Silk Road Museum after its salvage in 2007. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

aBEMc4p.jpg

Photo taken on Jan. 28, 2015 shows archaeologists taking protection measures of the Nanhai (South China Sea) No. 1 ship at the "Crystal Palace" at the Marine Silk Road Museum in Yangjiang, south China's Guangdong Province. After seven years of excavation, more than 60,000 porcelain artifacts from the Song Dynasty (960-1279) have been discovered on the ship, which had lain undersea for more than 800 years and was put into protection in the Marine Silk Road Museum after its salvage in 2007. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

ECt4rig.jpg

Photo taken on Jan. 28, 2015 shows archaeologists registering a porcelain discovered on the Nanhai (South China Sea) No. 1 ship at the "Crystal Palace" at the Marine Silk Road Museum in Yangjiang, south China's Guangdong Province. After seven years of excavation, more than 60,000 porcelain artifacts from the Song Dynasty (960-1279) have been discovered on the ship, which had lain undersea for more than 800 years and was put into protection in the Marine Silk Road Museum after its salvage in 2007. (Xinhua/Liu Dawei)

Source: English.news.cn"

China owns the South China Sea for eight reasons

1. The United States pledges neutrality on the issue of the South China Sea. The United States makes no claim to any South China Sea island or maritime territory. If the shooting starts, the Philippines is on its own. You can't claim the United States did not warn you. The United States has been adamant about U.S. neutrality in the South China Sea for years.

2. The Ukraine war proves that the United States will not lift a finger. The United States does not care about the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances or the redrawing of a European country's border in violation of the United Nations charter. The United States will not fight a war against Russia. Similarly, the United States is not about to fight China over the South China Sea.

NATO carved Kosovo out of Serbia. Russia is returning the favor in Georgia, Crimea, and Ukraine's Donbas.

3. If the U.S. thinks that you are a loser, it will dump you in a heartbeat. Former Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili was recently denied a work visa in the United States. He's a liability now to future U.S.-Russian foreign relations.

4. China is busy building artificial islands and establishing an impregnable Maginot Line in the South China Sea.

5. China has the shortest logistical lines. There is a massive Chinese naval base on Hainan Island. China will be able to bring the most firepower to bear in a South China Sea conflict.

6. China has a SOSUS network in its bordering seas. This provides China with a huge advantage in detection.

7. Any South China Sea battle will receive support from China's land-based aircraft and missiles. With a KJ-2000 AWACS with L-band radar serving as quarterback, Chinese fighters will own the sky above the South China Sea. Additional support will come from Chinese DF-21D ASBMs.

8. For argument's sake, let's assume China loses the South China Sea war. This would be a minor setback. Mass production of Chinese Chengdu J-20 and Shenyang J-31 stealth fighters will start in 2018. China will have technological and military dominance over the South China Sea.

It's a foregone conclusion that China owns the South China Sea. The military means are there today. In the worst case scenario, the military means will be there in five to ten years. Thus, China can keep on fighting until the latest military technologies are deployed in the South China Sea.
----------

Citations.

1. Challenges Mount to Beijing's South China Sea Claims
"While the U.S. maintains its neutrality on territorial disputes...."
2. Memorandum on Security Assurances in connection with Ukraine's accession to the Treaty on the NPT
3. Saakashvili denied to get business visa in the U.S. - AzerNews
4. Imagery shows progress of Chinese land building across Spratlys - IHS Jane's 360
5. New Chinese SSBN Deploys to Hainan Island - Federation Of American Scientists
6. China Has Begun Listening for American Submarines — War Is Boring — Medium
7. PLA-AF Airborne Early Warning & Control Programs
8. J-20 Stealth Fighter Design Balances Speed And Agility | Zhuhai 2014 content from Aviation Week

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom