What's new

South China Sea Forum

:lol: why would US fight for a small.insignificant country like vietnam? Very sad vietnam is alone.
I think the US will fight. It's not about fighting for the insignificant Vietnam, it's everything about their (US) own interest, i,e,. to contain China and dominate Asia.

I think the US will fight. It's not about fighting for the insignificant Vietnam, it's everything about their (US) own interest, i,e,. to contain China and dominate Asia.

The letter during 1945 ...

Like the Philippines our goal is full independence and full cooperation with the UNITED STATES, We will do out best to make this independence and cooperation profitable to the whole world

Ho Chi Minh

10342892_524149001041398_4861055027618285898_n.jpg

vietnam operates scub-b which is limited to 300 km and being land based, it does not have the range to cover a majority of the seas

further more the Shaddock missile(product of the 50's) is outdated having a CEP of some 5000m and having a ranged of some 500km it too cannot cover all the scs

just face the facts, other than a USN intervention, there little to no chance of vietnam winning in any SCS scenario, due to the massive disparities in the military forces. the facts being as they are, the vietnamese government is not going to unilaterally start attacking chinese assets, because thats a really dumb idea and would given the PRC all the pretence it needs to lock down the entire sea, while preventing the involvement of the USN. the story would be wildly different of course if the PLAN fired first.

therefore whatever they are building, will get built, there will be complaints but little if any action. Now vietnam could also build on reefs/islands it controls, and it has clearly done so, having occupied the most number of islands in the area out of all the claimants. but its also possible that china will try to intercept the ships, as it did so against the philippines a little while ago.
Your airforce has little to no air refueling capabilities to put a sizeable # of jets in the SCS from its base in Hainan, my friend. This is why Vietnam holds the upper hand in this conflict in the SCS and your military knows it. In the 90's when your 4th generation jets outnumbered us at least 20 to 1 and we had no submarines whatnot and you did not dare to attack us; let alone NOW. Even 40 of our Su-22 armed with Kh-31 missiles can give you a run for your money in any SCS conflict. Funny how you talk about naval blockade of Vietnam. Our shore-based AShM like Shaddock (550 km), Kh-35 locally produced (280 km) and Yakhont (300 km) can easily blast any of your surface vessels to smithereens and I don't even take into account our submarine and missile boats that you will also have to face.

Of course, Chinese are always opportunists, he invaded Vietnamese (a former ally indeed) without any reason, without informing officially like USA and Russia. What a grown-up gentlemen! So far, we learnt that Chinese should not be trust forever. Therefore, upgrading our nation military strength will be a non-stop strategy to protect itself from very greedy Chinese.
@Aeronaut, @Hu Songshan, @Oscar improper ID should be banned.

CNOOC 981 rig has started drilling which will last some 100 days May 4 to Aug. 15.

Everything is going according to plan。

Your airforce has little to no air refueling capabilities to put a sizeable # of jets in the SCS from its base in Hainan, my friend. This is why Vietnam holds the upper hand in this conflict in the SCS and your military knows it.

i agree

the area is too large and the PLAAf has too few refueler to effectively control the area from the skies, but it need not controll every square inch of the air space, just the parts where it matters.

nonetheless PLAAF can still put the largest air group in the skies out off all the claimants. furthermore, this problem might be precisely why they are building on these islands, to further consolidate their advantage.

This is why Vietnam holds the upper hand in this conflict in the SCS and your military knows it.

despite the range issue, the PLAAF can still put more birds in the air than the 24 su-30 the vietnam has(quite a bit more actually) furthermore, the PLAN has 054A and 052Cs frigate/destoryers which are very dangerous foes for su-30s, in addition to being able to park systems like the HQ-9 right on the islands themselves., all of which means its highly doubtful if the vietnamese air force will take part in any hypothetical conflict at all, due to the very high chance the planes won't return.

In the 90's when your 4th generation jets outnumbered us at least 20 to 1 and we had no submarines whatnot and you did not dare to attack us; let alone NOW. Even 40 of our Su-22 armed with Kh-31 missiles can give you a run for your money in any SCS conflict. Funny how you talk about naval blockade of Vietnam. Our shore-based AShM like Shaddock (550 km), Kh-35 locally produced (280 km) and Yakhont (300 km) can easily blast any of your surface vessels to smithereens and I don't even take into account our submarine and missile boats that you will also have to face.

i did not advocate that china attack vietnam at all. in fact i only responded when a vietnamese member suggest that vietnam will launch missiles and attack whatever china is building, which i am pointing out here that is a extremely bad idea, and once again, those land base missile DO NOT have the range so they wont be blasting anything to smithereens. basically anywhere 500km or more from the vietnam coast, china has the advantage.

And we had been waiting for ur frigate beside ur oil rig for 2 years already, still dont see China has the guts to do it :P
You are right , I do not have the gut to place any military over there .

We can only deploy 981 there and we are waiting you guys to destroy it !!

Do it like man with guys , OK?

Poor u, paranoid Chinese, can u show me that oil rig is drilling inside our water now ??:pop:

In your logic , if the rig is not drilling , that will be ok for you ?

You guy are really funny , I can not control to laugh!

I must say :your mouth is really tough !!!!

Last edited:
a country who completely colonized by Manchus until 1911, Portual in Macau to 1977, Britain in Hongkong to 1999. and Taiwan is under protectorate of US today, this is big boy but bad boy, and big mouth. Look at yourselves first.
No matter what , we are much better than you !

I am curious about the rig's working process.

We use underwater pipe to transfer the oil or oil boat ??

No matter what , we are much better than you !

I am curious about the rig's working process.

We use underwater pipe to transfer the oil or oil boat ??

As I said, the oil rig is not on site and never could approach the site ...

not only protest, our coastguard force working hard to keep Chinese aggressive forces shut up ...

no protest, you may bring the oil rig into the entrance of our rivers
Okay , your coastguard work so hard , why our 981 is still there in your so called Viet EEZ?

Vietnam needn't to be stronger than china, all we need is stronger than their "south sea fleet"

Back
Top Bottom