What's new

South Asian Expulsion in Uganda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, your putting your own words into my mouth.

Please elaborate.

And it's you who's making far reaching claims.

Which claims? Please elaborate.

And no, monoracial persons do not suffer from mental health issues on the level of their biracial counterparts otherwise this would have been mentioned in the studies.

So your concern is entirely for the mental health of a mixed-race adolescent? Is that it? :partay:

Have you given any thoughts to socioeconomics as subsequent studies point out? :partay:

Kindly acquaint yourself with science.

You are brandishing a comparative study for all your personal conclusions which are not even in the bounds of the study so no I don't feel the need to prove who knows "science" and who doesn't. It is for all to see.

Asalamu Alaikum

Race-mixing is perfectly halal, and Muhammad Ali's point on it is silly.

Muslims can marry anyone, provided they are either a Muslim, Jew or Christian. We are all human, different races are not different species. What matters is what the individual speaks.
Therefore I will have to agree with Muhammad Ali on his words of wisdom.
It is halal dsr478 however one must be cautious when attempting something like marrying someone from a completely different background. If someone encourages marrying within his own race then it is not a bad thing either.

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. -Surah Hujrat (13)

If someone encourages marrying within his own race then it is not a bad thing either.

Asalamu Alaikum

It is if it means you look down upon those who marry outside of the race.

Marrying within one's own tribe?

No, discriminating against someone for marrying outside of the tribe.

Anyway, restricting marriage to within the tribe only is a bad idea genetically speaking in the long run.

Discrimination based on a person's racial background.
When you marry, don't you discriminate? Because you are choosing one type of person over all others and thus depriving them of the opportunity to procreate with you.

Studies show that MOST people prefer to marry within their own race/ethnicity and this has been the case for the entirety of human history, including Islamic history. Are you saying that all of those people in the past were "racists"?

Studies show that MOST people prefer to marry within their own race/ethnicity and this has been the case for the entirety of human history, including Islamic history. Are you saying that all of those people in the past were "racists"?
Even during the period of the Khulfa e Rashideen.
It is a natural instinct.

Even during the period of the Khulfa e Rashideen.
It is a natural instinct.
Indeed. It has always been. Even Prophet Muhammad (SAW) recommended the Sahaba (RA) to marry within their own because that would be best for them.

This term "Racist" was actually coined by the Atheistic Communist/Bolshevik Jew Leon Trotsky (real name Lev Bronstein) who was also responsible for converting Masjids into pig pens as an insult to Islam and Muslims of Russia.

Indians were racist to Africans during the British Era and still are.
I can vouch for it because I am the one living on ground zero of India and I personally know for fact that in my own town Africans are very much disliked while other foreigners are welcome.

When you marry, don't you discriminate? Because you are choosing one type of person over all others and thus depriving them of the opportunity to procreate with you.

No, you don't seem to understand my point.

My point is that if you look down upon people purely because they are mixed race or married someone of another race, you have issues. There is nothing wrong with marrying in or out of the race.

Indeed. It has always been. Even Prophet Muhammad (SAW) recommended the Sahaba (RA) to marry within their own because that would be best for them.

But that's because the Sahabah were the best of people, and in Islam you marry whoever is the best of the people you can find (in terms of character). Obviously, the logical conclusion would be to marry other Sahabi's.

No, you don't seem to understand my point.

My point is that if you look down upon people purely because they are mixed race or married someone of another race, you have issues. There is nothing wrong with marrying in or out of the race.
But looking down upon someone is different from not accepting someone

Is a Muslim looking down upon a Hindu if he doesn't want his son or daughter to marry an Hindu?

Individuals can marry outside their race just as they can do whatever they want. But they should also be willing to face the consequences of their actions, whether those consequences are good or bad.
But that's because the Sahabah were the best of people, and in Islam you marry whoever is the best of the people you can find (in terms of character). Obviously, the logical conclusion would be to marry other Sahabi's.
But then isn't that discrimination against non-Sahabi Muslims?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom