What's new

South Asian Expulsion in Uganda

Status
Not open for further replies.
But looking down upon someone is different from not accepting someone

Is a Muslim looking down upon a Hindu if he doesn't want his son or daughter to marry an Hindu?

Individuals can marry outside their race just as they can do whatever they want. But they should also be willing to face the consequences of their actions, whether those consequences are good or bad.

But then isn't that discrimination against non-Sahabi Muslims?

A Muslim not wanting their child to marry a Hindu is based in ideology, not race. You can change ideologies, but you can't change your race.

Yes, that's discrimination, but it's based on the merits of the individuals themselves, not their race. You had black and Persian Sahabis along with Arab ones.

A Muslim not wanting their child to marry a Hindu is based in ideology, not race. You can change ideologies, but you can't change your race.
So what if it's a Black Hindu who is a good human being. Would you still deny them the right to marry your Muslim child?

Yes, that's discrimination, but it's based on the merits of the individuals themselves, not their race.
But why discriminate at all?? Who decides one discrimination is better than the other?

Last edited:
So what if it's a Black Hindu who is a good human being. Would you still deny them the right to marry your Muslim child?

But why discriminate at all?? Who decides one discrimination is better than the other?

Yes because he's still not Muslim. Ideology is my problem. If he was a black Muslim, I would be fine.

Ideologies can change, and are actually based on individual merit. Race cannot change, and isn't based on an individuals merits.

Yes because he's still not Muslim. Ideology is my problem. If he was a black Muslim, I would be fine.

Ideologies can change, and are actually based on individual merit. Race cannot change, and isn't based on an individuals merits.
So what if he doesn't want to change his religion? Who gives you the moral authority to discriminate against his religion & deny him the right to marry your child because he's a Hindu?

See what I'm getting at? You want to discriminate against people based on their religion but you object others to discriminate based on other factors like race?

So is it "Rules for Thee, Not for Me"?

So what if he doesn't want to change his religion? Who gives you the moral authority to discriminate against his religion & deny him the right to marry your child because he's a Hindu?

See what I'm getting at? You want to discriminate against people based on their religion but you object others to discriminate based on other factors like race?

So is it "Rules for Thee, Not for Me"?

Ideologies are not something you are stuck with, so it's fine to discriminate (to some extent) based upon that, but not upon race, because you are stuck with whatever race you are born with.

Ideologies are not something you are stuck with, so it's fine to discriminate (to some extent) based upon that, but not upon race, because you are stuck with whatever race you are born with.
Well then that's your opinion because even ideologies aren't given up that easily (I'm sure you wouldn't give up Islam).

Just like you choose to discriminate on a religious basis, others choose to discriminate on a racial basis and there's nothing wrong with that.

Just like you choose to discriminate on a religious basis, others choose to discriminate on a racial basis and there's nothing wrong with that.

There is something wrong with that, because you are judging someone based on something they have no control over and doesn't effect their characteristics at all.

Ideologies are the exact opposite, and can change (as unlikley as that is in some cases).

I was in Kampala a few years ago and I was surprised to find that there is still a sizeable South Asian community in Uganda. In fact, they are still a force in the Ugandan economy.

Read: Ugandan Asians dominate economy after exile (2016)
They only came back in mid 90s. There were none during the late 70's and 80's. Only after Museveni asked people to come back some did. But it was no where near the population of 60's and early 72.

When i was watching the video, they kept saying that the Africans arn't skilled or educated etc etc. Well why didn't anyone try to teach them skills?
This is complete nonsense. Education and skills are widely abound here. If it was not for the French who have kept entire Northern/Central/west africa on their colonial list - yes they are still governing them via Paris via Governors; policies are made in Paris not in those respective countries.
We have been victims of bad leaders, nepotism etc. But the verbiage being used on this thread is nothing more that racist.
If we were that bad, why are most of your country men hanging out here. I have to just go to my town center to see peoplehawking around cigarettes and cellphone cases.
No disrespect, I have seen more poverty in India and asia than i have seen across the entire African continent.

Idc what you think of me you don’t know me. How typical that you’re complaining about racism and claiming to be a victim once again. This thread is about Uganda’s expulsion of Asians and all the blacks on this thread can focus on is how they’re the “real” victims.

And no India isn’t as big of a shithole as Africa. India doesn’t have mass famines, rampant genocides, and institutional racism. Africa doesn’t have MNCs like TATA, an educated workforce, a pharma and tech industry, an identity that extends beyond a skin colour. Sub-Saharan has no history or culture.
No.. I take exception to your notes. I have been to India, I have seen no such shitholes in my life across Africa - Yes, I have travelled entire African continent

EPIC FAIL.............Pakistan was one of the earliest most advanced civilisations to ever exist: The Indus Valley Civilisation.

Not including North Africa, ever wondered why all of Sub-Saharan Africa has ALWAYS been at the most lowest levels of human development going back nearly 10,000 years?
Pal.... what in the world are you living or smoking. God has given us plenty here. For a civilization to move, there needs to be a need to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom