South Africa refuses Bangladesh tour

darkinsky

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Cricket | South Africa play down Bangla hopes | ESPNSTAR.com

South Africa play down Bangla hopes
Cricket South Africa are "unlikely" to give their approval to a proposed series against Bangladesh, according to South African Cricketers' Association chief executive Tony Irish.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is reportedly keen on playing three one-day internationals and five Twenty20 internationals in May, and CSA acting chief executive Jacques Faul confirmed the idea is under consideration.

A meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday between the SACA and CSA where a final decision will be taken on the series, which will fall outside the International Cricket Council's (ICC) Future Tours Programme.

Irish said: "Both CSA and SACA are required to agree to the series but, in my opinion, it is unlikely to go ahead.

"Because it is an addition to the Future Tours Programme, we think it will be very difficult to arrange such a series."

South Africa are looking at a packed cricketing schedule before and after the ICC World Twenty20, which takes place in September in Sri Lanka.

The Proteas will play Zimbabwe in five practice T20 matches in June, then travel to England for over two months from July, after which they will head to the World T20. They also visit Australia in October-November and host New Zealand in December.

In addition, several South African players are currently playing in the County Championship and the Indian Premier League - with the exceptions of Graeme Smith, who is injured, and Lonwabo Tsotsobe and Mark Boucher who did not secure IPL contracts.

Irish said: "It's a difficult time for our players with a lot of them being away, so it will be tough to schedule [the Bangladesh series] in."

The BCB proposal comes less than a week after Bangladesh's scheduled late-April tour to Pakistan was postponed by a high court order in Dhaka.

Good for bangladesh .. Let them enjoy their newly found glory for a while

why are some pakistani members feeling happy in bangladesh's misery..jealous?

well they can play cricket at home

so can Pakistan....teams (or i guess high courts now also) are having reservations on grounds of security. Thats the only reason most of our games post Sri-Lanka team attack are in neutral venues like Abu Dhabi and Dubai

there's no jealousy here....Pakistanis by and large do (or ought to) accept our failure at providing sufficient security. Things have changed - because of the publicity and because of the pressure (especially domestic pressure).

i wont go into a repeat of what was already discussed......i simply reiterate that karma is a ******. :)

i'd love to see Bangladesh team play a friendly match in safe and happy places like West Bangladesh or perhaps Manipur, etc.

why are some pakistani members feeling happy in bangladesh's misery..jealous?

No comment about my brother as WE have been frustrated by the 'way episodes' went for PK and BD by the conspiracies, ...

But on behalf of my BD muslim brothers, I strongly urge you (Our indian bros nations) to visit bangladesh, as I see in all the forum that indian are more sincere (apparently, God knows hearts) ignoring our muslims relationship...
We are already much thankful for let them in IPL...:)

Back
Top Bottom