What's new

South Africa, Brazil ready for A-Darter missile test

Brazil is developing some missiles, I'll post an article on the anti-ship missile ...

GOOGLE TRADUTOR
---
In LAAD 2011, Exocet 'nationalized':woot:
04-13-2011

laad2011-39.jpg

The Navy of Brazil is developing along with Avibras an anti-ship missile formerly referred to as MAN-1. Today in LAAD observed a new nomenclature for the same - AV-RE40.

We hope that cuts in defense matters do not affect this promising project for our industry and our Navy.

laad2011-40.jpg

LINK: PoderNaval

It has been confirmed this week that the first practice A-Dater missiles will be available to the air force for training purposes during 2012 with the first production missiles for operational use coming of the production line at the beginning of 2013.

A further development was a summit held this week in Pretoria between the defence ministers of South Africa, Brazil and India. The disputes between South Africa and India has apparently been resolved on a political level and the following statement was made by the secretary of defence after the summit “ They are investigating the possibility of transcending beyond two country collaboration to exploring trilateral opportunities on defence projects.” “It is the intention of the three Ministries of Defence that we will establish an IBSA (India, Brazil, South Africa) team to identify potential areas of co-operation and visit the defence industries of the three countries,” said Mpofu. The team would constitute members from each country, led by South Africa. It will report its findings to the trilateral forum after the first visit which is to take place in Brazil next year.

This development might influence the availability of A-Darter to Pakistan, my educated guess is that it will depend on whether India signs any joint development agreements with South Africa. At this point they are still investigating and no joint development agreements have been signed yet.
:undecided:

Pakistan is an old buyer of Brazilian/South African weapons.Mar-1, Piranha-1 are recent examples.
A-darter will be in our inventory once its production started and available to customers.

In case of Indian involvement, we can kiss the A-Darter good bye. We have other options available. MAA-1B Piranha and pl-10 ASR.

Pakistan must develop own indigenous Missiles or SD-10s, we have extensive experienced and technology but no budget. A-Darter I don't think it is reliable and useful since S. Africa and Brazil doesn't have great quality and poor.

May I ask, who permit these countries to develop Air-to-Air missiles? Uncle Sam?

Pakistan must develop own indigenous Missiles or SD-10s, we have extensive experienced and technology but no budget. A-Darter I don't think it is reliable and useful since S. Africa and Brazil doesn't have great quality and poor.

May I ask, who permit these countries to develop Air-to-Air missiles? Uncle Sam?

My friend do not underestimate these 2 countries infact they are far ahead of us in these fields. South Africa has extensive weapons industry initially with the help of Israel due the sanctions imposed on them during the apartheid era.

And Brazil is even more far ahead. Guess what which country has the world's 3rd largest Aircraft Corporation ?

My friend do not underestimate these 2 countries infact they are far ahead of us in these fields. South Africa has extensive weapons industry initially with the help of Israel due the sanctions imposed on them during the apartheid era.

And Brazil is even more far ahead. Guess what which country has the world's 3rd largest Aircraft Corporation ?

Don't know why Uncle Sam didn't bother to check these countries or any interferences. I think, Pakistan should work cooperation with middlemen (Israel) because middlemen worked secret with many countries indirectly or directly. So I don't think good idea to work with middlemen due to obvious reasons.

I know Brazil has small number of Mirages jets/F-5 and many transportation planes including Embraer). They developed many tranportation planes and commerical aircrafts, not military jets (i.e JF-17). It is interesting Brazil and S.Africa developed these Air-Missiles without making own planes, lol.

If you look at their history, they are unreliable, ineffectives, and less-war experiences. When was the last time of Brazil's war with neighbors or South Africa. Also I see most of these weapons purchased from West, Russia and Frances.

I recommend BSA (Brazil and South Africa) should heavy invest in JF-17s to grow their muscle flex first. Otherwise BSA decide to choose Indian partner, this is great decision. So it will force us to work indigenous missiles ourselves.

Don't know why Uncle Sam didn't bother to check these countries or any interferences. I think, Pakistan should work cooperation with middlemen (Israel) because middlemen worked secret with many countries indirectly or directly. So I don't think good idea to work with middlemen due to obvious reasons.

I know Brazil has small number of Mirages jets/F-5 and many transportation planes including Embraer). They developed many tranportation planes and commerical aircrafts, not military jets (i.e JF-17). It is interesting Brazil and S.Africa developed these Air-Missiles without making own planes, lol.

If you look at their history, they are unreliable, ineffectives, and less-war experiences. When was the last time of Brazil's war with neighbors or South Africa. Also I see most of these weapons purchased from West, Russia and Frances.

I recommend BSA (Brazil and South Africa) should heavy invest in JF-17s to grow their muscle flex first. Otherwise BSA decide to choose Indian partner, this is great decision. So it will force us to work indigenous missiles ourselves.

War is never a good thing man its good that these nations haven't had any although i believe that South Africa has had severe problems with Angola and Cuba.

And yes it is interesting that these countries have developed intermediary systems rather than fighting ships themselves.

As far as Pakistan working with Israel that's never gonna happen although Israel would be more than willing to welcome a relationship provided its recent complete isolation in Muslim world but their is just too much blood on their hands.

Hi, kindly please read the last paragraph. It specifically identified Pakistan as a prime customer.

South Africa, Brazil Ready For A-Darter Missile Test ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

South Africa, Brazil Ready For A-Darter Missile Test

A South African Air Force Saab Gripen D fighter is expected to perform the first live firing of an A-Darter short-range air-to-air missile later this month, advancing a joint project with Brazilian industry.

Launched in April 2007 under a 66-month development and production programme co-funded by the Brazilian and South African air forces, the A-Darter is intended to arm the services' respective Northrop F-5EM/FM and future F-X2 fighters, and Gripen and BAE Systems Hawk 120 aircraft.

Worth $130 million, the project involves Denel Dynamics and a group of Brazilian companies headed by Mectron. Production activities should start in 2013, with Brazil's air force expecting the missile to enter service the following year.

Launch trials with the new weapon are scheduled to take place at South Africa's Overberg test range. Ground seeker tests concluded in January and captive carriage flight trials were completed in March, following the delivery of a first test missile to Saab in Sweden last September.

Nearly 50 Brazilian civilian and military engineers are supporting development work in South Africa, and Avibras and Mectron sources have pinned high hopes on the A-Darter's export potential.

Avibras chief executive Sami Hassuani believes an initial 100-200 units could be sold to international users, with Pakistan viewed as a prime candidate. Mectron delivered its first MAA-1A Piranha-1 air-to-air missiles to the nation last month, and Islamabad has also signed a letter of intent to purchase B-version Piranha-2s.

A-Darter ,MAA-1A ,MAA-1B r all Wvrs .very good Wvrs yes but do v need so many Wvr systems wt about R darter amd Mectron MAR-1 y r we not looking in to those systems.

A-Darter ,MAA-1A ,MAA-1B r all Wvrs .very good Wvrs yes but do v need so many Wvr systems wt about R darter amd Mectron MAR-1 y r we not looking in to those systems.

Don't know about R-Darter but Mar-1 have been delivered completely and integrated with JFT. :rolleyes:

In my view ... with so many systems, we will be having so many surprises !!! :D

Hi, the PAF only bought a couple of hundred rounds of the MAA-1A. The rumor was they were set to expire anyway, and the PAF bought them to train pilots and ground crews.

If the JF-17 is going to be armed with the MAA-1B, this makes sense as the "A version" could be similar in nature to the "B version", in regards to launch procedures and handling. This would help in training pilots and maintenance crews. Moreover, the Brazilian Air Force recently retired their Mirage IIIs, and they carried the MAA-1A missiles.

But, I completely agree that having to many different AAMs will be a logistical nightmare for the PAF and increase costs.

Back
Top Bottom