What's new

South Africa, Brazil ready for A-Darter missile test

Its nice move by PAF to buy A2A missels from Brazil but how much range it have.

A-Darter is a fifthgeneration short range air-to-air missile system designed to meet the challenges of future air combat against nextgeneration fighters in a hostile ECM environment.

Its range is not known, but I think its around max 25KM

06.jpg

AIR_AAM_A-Darter_Cutaway_lg.gif

Its looks close to IRIS-T.
IRIS-T
IRIS-T_air-to-air-missile.jpg

Last edited:
A-Darter is a fifthgeneration short range air-to-air missile system designed to meet the challenges of future air combat against nextgeneration fighters in a hostile ECM environment.

06.jpg

IRIS-T

noo it looks much same as aim 132

AIM-132_ASRAAM.jpg

06.jpg

IRIS-T

Thanks man!

Why Pakistan tried to develop missiles like this on its own as we have that tech, from which we have made H-2 & H-4 and also we have gain much more advanced technology through Falco project with its IR sensors. So what are the reasons and why are we not developing Guided rocket and Anti armour missiles, and Anti Tank missiles (that are carried by personals), IR - Homing ASRAAM with having 25K.m+ range.

And i really forgot to mention that if we achieved that we will be able to export and could gain much better orders from not only Muslim countries even from countries of E.U and South America.

Why Pakistan tried to develop missiles like this on its own as we have that tech, from which we have made H-2 & H-4 and also we have gain much more advanced technology through Falco project with its IR sensors. So what are the reasons and why are we not developing Guided rocket and Anti armour missiles, and Anti Tank missiles (that are carried by personals), IR - Homing ASRAAM with having 25K.m+ range.

From different unofficial sources Its leaked that PAF developed and tested BVR's (Its known a copy of any southafrican BVR missile). But the missile is of not 5th generation.

Any ways A-Darter is a short range missile

From different unofficial sources Its leaked that PAF developed and tested BVR's (Its known a copy of any southafrican BVR missile). But the missile is of not 5th generation.

Any ways A-Darter is a short range missile

that BVR test was of H-2 & H-4 standoff weapons. its quite old news man.:lazy::undecided:

H-2 & H-4 are ground attack BVR missiles, while what Mzubair is talking about is a BVR A2A missile.

That's amazing. Did you read my my above post. If not then read it and its quite great to hear that if Air Weapons Complex develops its own ASRAAM(like Aim-132,A-Dartar,PL-9C or R550 Magics newer version) and AMRAAM/ALRAAM (like Aim-120D,Meteor or SD-10G). Then it will be great to have it on our JF-17s, J-10s and even on our F-16s.
By the way check this pic, especially the specification:
(as we knew that JF-17s Payload was 3700KG)
Go and have look by your own self.
IDEAS 2008 - Pakistan Defence Gallery :cheers::pakistan::china:

That's amazing. Did you read my my above post. If not then read it and its quite great to hear that if Air Weapons Complex develops its own ASRAAM(like Aim-132,A-Dartar,PL-9C or R550 Magics newer version) and AMRAAM/ALRAAM (like Aim-120D,Meteor or SD-10G). Then it will be great to have it on our JF-17s, J-10s and even on our F-16s.
By the way check this pic, especially the specification:
(as we knew that JF-17s Payload was 3700KG)
Go and have look by your own self.

IDEAS 2008 - Pakistan Defence Gallery :cheers::pakistan::china:

Answered you in the JF-17 thread already, its typo error.

AWC's plan for a WVR A2A missile was abandoned, but the BVR A2A missile program kept going, and we have our own BVR as of now.

Answered you in the JF-17 thread already, its typo error.

AWC's plan for a WVR A2A missile was abandoned, but the BVR A2A missile program kept going, and we have our own BVR as of now.

AWC is developing some very precise ground attack munitions as well.

maybe in near future we can also hear about the A2A BVR you are talking about.
if you remember the H-2 and H-4 were also kept under thick covers and are not commonly know to public.
infact i will go to the extent that you cannot easily find any relavant data about these even now.
it is here on defence.pk that people talk about it but not very familiar out side..

for me this is good!

regards!

A-Darter is a 5th generation WVRAAM, and it is great to hear that PAF is on the list of prime potential customers. South Africa's Denel also has a next-generation BVRAAM in development, it is officially called T-Darter...which is a bit interesting since we heard PAF use this term a lot. Perhaps this could indicate a connection?

Denel conceptualises new missile | ITWeb

A-Darter is a 5th generation WVRAAM, and it is great to hear that PAF is on the list of prime potential customers. South Africa's Denel also has a next-generation BVRAAM in development, it is officially called T-Darter...which is a bit interesting since we heard PAF use this term a lot. Perhaps this could indicate a connection?

Denel conceptualises new missile | ITWeb

SA would have to overcome strong indian objections before they can supply to pakistan, however maybe we can get the darter series from brazil but we dont know if the SA/brazil JV allows for individual countries to export the darter series independently. till then pakistan's prime supplier remains the US.

SA would have to overcome strong indian objections before they can supply to pakistan, however maybe we can get the darter series from brazil but we dont know if the SA/brazil JV allows for individual countries to export the darter series independently. till then pakistan's prime supplier remains the US.
Agreed...but good political strategy can significantly help overcome those barriers and objections. The U214 and Erieye programs were no easy feat for our negotiators and lobbyists, but they pulled through.

Agreed...but good political strategy can significantly help overcome those barriers and objections. The U214 and Erieye programs were no easy feat for our negotiators and lobbyists, but they pulled through.

is there new movement on the U214? - the issue is 'cash' which we dont have!

Back
Top Bottom