What's new

Sorry IMF Pakistan not coming for money.

Another fun fact, most of my info comes from SBP, IMF and GoP sources. Like the $1.5 billion figure, that's an SBP figure, and its considered to be a bare minimum conservative figure.
Okay here is the deal let's wait for few days and I will tag you let's see where we stand.

Imagine if Pakistan does not go to the IMF, it will essentially be the end of the US play cards against Pakistan. US always used imf against Pakistan. However it is too early to say. Let the government settle in first.
nope, USA has many cards, imagine if it just tarrifs textiles or push EU to tarrif us

better keep your had down and work for progress of pakistan, have good relations with everyone..Vietnam Communist govt that killed 70,000 Americans can have good relations while we cant?

a big development indeed, let see whether IK can fix things by bringing in reforms

key is to do diplomacy..learn from india, it can simulatneoulsy have great relations with iran and USA, russia and USA, israel(best ever ) and Arab countries..because they do diplomacy..

IK needs to visit Suadi arabia and lure them to form either an invetsment bank for pakistan or do direct investment, he needs to go to qatar..both of these countries (soon Saudi once they sell off oil assest) have 500 billion dollars sovereign funds that is for grabs..

IMF loans are the cheapest loans available, plus it comes with conditions i.e. a plan as how to reinvigorate the economy and improve finances in future. In short it comes with a reform package. The molvis have made IMF a villain.
Yes, Latest is Mulvi Trump who ask IMF to put check on Pakistan and asked our complete plan of CPEC. Why we disclose our future plan to them?. Due to this Mulvi Trump now China is helping us like nothing. I thing Mulvi Trump should take his Fatawa back about Pakistan.

LOL @SunilM and other Indians.

IMF loans are essentially American/Western approved loans.

It is better for Pakistan to avoid American/Western loans or it will remain hostage to blackmail. I.e. do more propaganda.

Initially, even if Pakistan under Imran Khan had to take the IMF route it wouldn't be a major issue in normal circumstances, but if we want to send out a clear statement it is better to avoid US/Western loans and monetary help. The IMF/WB would love to give Imran's government loans and portray an image that he is reliant on their assistance to fix the economy. It puts their narrative in a position of strength.

The Western media has created this narrative even before IK has been sworne in to create pressure. One of the narratives is that Imran's government will be forced to go for IMF loans and hence remain dependent on the US/West. It is not so much about taking loans as it is about projecting influence and reliance. The West likes to portray itself in the driving seat. They are not in the driving seat. They are on the backfoot and their propaganda against Imran Khan is clear as daylight. The West has proved by its malignant propaganda that it is not a supporter of IK or change in Pakistan. The West prefers and supports the status quo who they can easily bribe and influence without shedding a drop of sweat. IK isn't the status quo. He will look them dead straight in the eye and negotiate on equal terms. Imran Khan isn't corrupt and has a clean slate.

A big NO to IMF loans. They are politically motivated.

Hence, the Western folks pet a lot of dogs at quite large an expense!!! During my student years, I used to work at the Wal-Mart. Folks bought $10 of food for themselves, but $20 for their dogs....

Yes, Latest is Mulvi Trump who ask IMF to put check on Pakistan and asked our complete plan of CPEC. Why we disclose our future plan to them?. Due to this Mulvi Trump now China is helping us like nothing. I thing Mulvi Trump should take his Fatawa back about Pakistan.
Every Sher has an inherent Khair intrinsic to it....

nope, USA has many cards, imagine if it just tarrifs textiles or push EU to tarrif us

better keep your had down and work for progress of pakistan, have good relations with everyone..Vietnam Communist govt that killed 70,000 Americans can have good relations while we cant?

Pakistan can put tariff on US and NATO supply lines. Time for keeping heads down is long gone. Pakistan needs an aggressive foreign policy where countries like US needs to be told categorically no more free lunches. For their every action their will be a reaction that will hurt US interests in the region and believe me we are capable of hurting US interests if push comes to shove.

Actually taking loan from IMF is good for country/governance. They hav stringent rules for loans . This will force government to cut down subsidies and wasteful expenditure and improve the performance of public sector companies.
for that we have imran khan..

Five Billion coming from China plus two billion from Saudia also a possibility. Apart from that, there might be no loans/relief packages. Investments will take some time as well. One way of getting out of this mess WITHOUT involving any further loans from IMF will be to get money from some foreign countries (loan) or other monetary institution (talks of Islamic Development Bank going around already). Wont quote any of this though, all hearsay for now (but do looks promising)

We still don't know whether or not Pakistan has made the decision. So far, the signs STILL point towards an IMF bailout, as the IMF has rebuffed Pompeo, and said that they would give the loan if asked. Meanwhile, Pakistani decision makers have already been in talks with the IMF, it's up to Imran Khan and PTI if they will go for it or not.

Personally, I'm nervous about the Chinese loans, as they tend to be far more expensive in the long term.

We still don't know whether or not Pakistan has made the decision. So far, the signs STILL point towards an IMF bailout, as the IMF has rebuffed Pompeo, and said that they would give the loan if asked. Meanwhile, Pakistani decision makers have already been in talks with the IMF, it's up to Imran Khan and PTI if they will go for it or not.

Personally, I'm nervous about the Chinese loans, as they tend to be far more expensive in the long term.
Chinese and any other lender parties know that IK is much better in terms of credibility than any of the counter parts and also that he not a yes man when it comes to the US. This is why we were seeing these countries to step up when US was trying to blackmail Pakistan via IMF. So IMO it would not be a surprise if they would like to back IK specially China and offer him favorable terms on loans. Chinese ambassador has already hinted towards this.

Again, it's still unclear. China is promising this, it hasn't committed to it. On the other hand, there have been no moves from Pakistan towards China, while there have been talks with the imf.

Chinese and any other lender parties know that IK is much better in terms of credibility than any of the counter parts and also that he not a yes man when it comes to the US. This is why we were seeing these countries to step up when US was trying to blackmail Pakistan via IMF. So IMO it would not be a surprise if they would like to back IK specially China and offer him favorable terms on loans. Chinese ambassador has already hinted towards this.
The problem with your comment is that you're forgetting that imran khan can be replaced next elections, if he's not ousted as PM before then (considering Pakistan's history).

The Chinese are business first, an they need to be respected as such. Forget friendship, forget credibility, Imran Khan needs to prove that Pakistan is good for the money, even if he's replaced by someone less competent.

Again, it's still unclear. China is promising this, it hasn't committed to it. On the other hand, there have been no moves from Pakistan towards China, while there have been talks with the imf.

The problem with your comment is that you're forgetting that imran khan can be replaced next elections, if he's not ousted as PM before then (considering Pakistan's history).

The Chinese are business first, an they need to be respected as such. Forget friendship, forget credibility, Imran Khan needs to prove that Pakistan is good for the money, even if he's replaced by someone less competent.

Nice to see you back buddy.

Back
Top Bottom