What's new

Sorry IMF Pakistan not coming for money.

I am taking this rape discussion to India is developing thread let's discuss it there. I know you are passed at this thread because it is hurting your feelings that Pakistan is not going to IMF.
Why don't you go back check who started it all in a thread on IMF and economy..I m.only responding.

Why don't you go back check who started it all in a thread on IMF and economy..I m.only responding.
Don't cry let's do it there. There are forum rules if something is of topic report and move on.

Don't cry let's do it there. There are forum rules if something is of topic report and move on.
Lol. Who is crying . For my one line of post : 5 pakistani posters wrote theri cry stories and are still writing ..

Lol. Who is crying . For my one line of post : 5 pakistani posters wrote theri cry stories and are still writing ..
I will report and all your post will be deleted and you will be banned just delete them your self and move on and report any offending posts that are off topic.

PTI will go to the IMF, they don't have much of a choice. You can thank PMLN for forcing them to do so.

PTI will go to the IMF, they don't have much of a choice. You can thank PMLN for forcing them to do so.
Nope they are not going there. PTI will be given maneuverability margin to uplift economy. There are still much available dollars in country. PTI already got 6.5 billion dollars so why go to imf now.

8000 crore pkr is equivalent to 625 million dollars.....which is also not enough...
pak has to pay 5 billion dollars loan returns by the end of this year....

Pakistan has that money check the foreign reserves in few day when the data is updated the figure will go up.

Nope they are not going there. PTI will be given maneuverability margin to uplift economy. There are still much available dollars in country. PTI already got 6.5 billion dollars so why go to imf now.
Pakistan is losing $1.5 billion a month, how long do you think that 6.5 is going to last?

PTI can and will go to the IMF, I repeat, you don't have a choice. Noon-league, as well as PPP have trapped Pakistan, so that PTI will have a hard time fixing the economy.

Pakistan is losing $1.5 billion a month, how long do you think that 6.5 is going to last?

PTI can and will go to the IMF, I repeat, you don't have a choice. Noon-league, as well as PPP have trapped Pakistan, so that PTI will have a hard time fixing the economy.

We are not losing $1.5 billion now as soon as PMLN left the power SBP placed the restrictions and deficit is decreasing. PTI has time of 5 years they should immediately work on economy taxing the imports and reducing the deficit. Dollar movement restrictions are already there due to FATF. If PTI was going to go to IMF it wantonly going to get $5 billion which are already at it's disposal.

We are not losing $1.5 billion now as soon as PMLN left the power SBP placed the restrictions and deficit is decreasing. PTI has time of 5 years they should immediately work on economy taxing the imports and reducing the deficit. Dollar movement restrictions are already there due to FATF. If PTI was going to go to IMF it wantonly going to get $5 billion which are already at it's disposal.
They are not at its disposal, where did you get that idea from?

Also, decreasing isn't the same as decreased, and it takes YEARS to decrease such a large amount, for a nation the size of Pakistan's economy.

5 years is a long time, meanwhile, what is PTI going to do about cash on hand? They don't have it, and don't say reserves; foreign reserves aren't meant for domestic investment and budgeting.

Actually taking loan from IMF is good for country/governance. They hav stringent rules for loans . This will force government to cut down subsidies and wasteful expenditure and improve the performance of public sector companies.

IMF Promotes higher inflation, currency devaluation and increased GST making life miserable for low income households. IMF is not a reformer of economies but rather a tool used by West to destabilise economies.

They are not at its disposal, where did you get that idea from?

Also, decreasing isn't the same as decreased, and it takes YEARS to decrease such a large amount, for a nation the size of Pakistan's economy.

5 years is a long time, meanwhile, what is PTI going to do about cash on hand? They don't have it, and don't say reserves; foreign reserves aren't meant for domestic investment and budgeting.

I know what you mean but $2 billion coming in from China and $4.5 billion credit line makes $6.5 billion at PTI's disposal. The figure which is being quoted here of foreign reserves is $9.5+- billion is only what state bank holds. There is also a lot in private banks and with dollar price going down more is being surfacing on the market. The reserves are going up.

Let's put it this way I know we cannot use entire 4.5 billion credit line in one year but it frees $2 billion per year for PTI. Plus more funds are going to come in from Saudis. So there is room for them to maneuver well enough. They are not going to get the situation which was before election. It has become much better.

I know what you mean but $2 billion coming in from China and $4.5 billion credit line makes $6.5 billion at PTI's disposal. The figure which is being quoted here of foreign reserves is $9.5+- billion is only what state bank holds. There is also a lot in private banks and with dollar price going down more is being surfacing on the market. The reserves are going up.

Let's put it this way I know we cannot use entire 4.5 billion credit line in one year but it frees $2 billion per year for PTI. Plus more funds are going to come in from Saudis. So there is room for them to maneuver well enough. They are not going to get the situation which was before election. It has become much better.
That's a lot of assumptions though.

You're assuming that instead of augmenting the current budget, the $2 billion will substitute the current cash on hand, it will not.

You're also assuming that the Saudis will give money to Pakistan, when the Saudis are also in a financial crisis of their own.

Finally, you're assuming that Chinese loans are better than IMF loans, fun fact, they aren't. Loans from China are apolitical, but they're also more expensive. IMF loans are more strict and goal oriented, but they're cheaper.

That's a lot of assumptions though.

You're assuming that instead of augmenting the current budget, the $2 billion will substitute the current cash on hand, it will not.

You're also assuming that the Saudis will give money to Pakistan, when the Saudis are also in a financial crisis of their own.

Finally, you're assuming that Chinese loans are better than IMF loans, fun fact, they aren't. Loans from China are apolitical, but they're also more expensive. IMF loans are more strict and goal oriented, but they're cheaper.

I am not assuming any thing I have read the status of Chinese loan. It is for govt expense to provide new govt so maneuverability I have this info from the Chinese youth ambassador. Here tweet is in the other 4.5 billion thread you can check it and also SBP report is quoting the same.

I am not assuming any thing I have read the status of Chinese loan. It is for govt expense to provide new govt so maneuverability I have this info from the Chinese youth ambassador. Here tweet is in the other 4.5 billion thread you can check it and also SBP report is quoting the same.
Another fun fact, most of my info comes from SBP, IMF and GoP sources. Like the $1.5 billion figure, that's an SBP figure, and its considered to be a bare minimum conservative figure.

Back
Top Bottom