What's new

Son of Kashmir Maharaja speaks about accession to India

This brief piece of Urdu newspaper cutting seems to carry 3-4 news items. First one vaguely trying to make some sense or (non sense) out of what Dr. Karan Singh may have said in Rajya Sabha. Below that a news regarding Gen Dalbir Singh making allegations against Gen. (retd.) V K Singh. Another one mentioning statement by Digvijay Singh that Mody more worried about P o K than J&K. And one piece of info about Amnesty International shutting its offices in India following registration of sedition case against it.
Its not mentioned which newspaper is this.

No not too many teams, otherwise the IPL will get too long and boring. Agree?

For me, it's still boring. I don't even know the names of existing teams in IPL except CSK. That's also because of your Indian captain. Keeping aside all India Pakistan rivalry, he is one of the best (if not the best) happened to Indian cricket...

Well even your Chinese friends cannot read this. And they are supposed to be well read.
Well, you are the neighbor and same blood. But we have only different interest. Urdu lingo emerge from somewhere in Hindustan and took over the whole region in short period of time......

For me, it's still boring. I don't even know the names of existing teams in IPL except CSK. That's also because of your Indian captain. Keeping aside all India Pakistan rivalry, he is one of the best (if not the best) happened to Indian cricket...

Agree, not a fan of IPL myself as its a money scheme to make the people at the top richer due to corruptness

Disney are releasing a movie on MS Dhoni life. The trailer looks interesting, you should try to watch it.

Well, you are the neighbor and same blood. But we have only different interest. Urdu lingo emerge from somewhere in Hindustan and took over the whole region in short period of time......
Same blood ? wait for trolls of your own ilk to come & spite you for this stmt.
dude this is written language that most of us have no clue about it. even hindi is not spoken by 50% of indian population and % of ppl knowing how to read would be lesser than that.

Same blood ? wait for trolls of your own ilk to come & spite you for this stmt.
dude this is written language that most of us have no clue about it. even hindi is not spoken by 50% of indian population and % of ppl knowing how to read would be lesser than that.
Well.......... o well...facts can not be changed....but Pakistani don't hate Indians.....until of unless....

Brilliant.

@hellfire

If and when you do take time out for a break, read Karan Singh's statement.

In one fell stroke, he makes a mess of our sly friend's whines about the Instrument of Accession, and confirms that the subjects to which the Union of India was given sovereign jurisdiction were limited to three; he goes on to underline the importance of Article 370. Finally, he makes the telling point that calling Kashmir India's internal issue is wrong, because that is an abdication of India's rights over the areas in the grip of Pakistan (and China).

A slap in the face of those very few Pakisatani members who quote the law endlessly without seeing where it is leading them.

Fair enough on his part to outline the some of known dimensions of Kashmir issues.

But here he also trying to score over modi gov politically because sadly the failure lies with successive central gov to truly integrate the J&K in mainstream & mostly with a party that he is representing... Had he been a upright politician then by now he should have caught RG by his collar demanding the explanation on the blunders committed by from his great grandfather father to his father on the Kashmir instead of asking modi gov....

Fair enough on his part to outline the some of known dimensions of Kashmir issues.

But here he also trying to score over modi gov politically because sadly the failure lies with successive central gov to truly integrate the J&K in mainstream & mostly with a party that he is representing... Had he been a upright politician then by now he should have caught RG by his collar demanding the explanation on the blunders committed by from his great grandfather father to his father on the Kashmir instead of asking modi gov....

I don't think you got the point.

The point he is making is that there should not be repeated statements by the government emphasising the internal matter of India point of view, because it is not an internal matter as long as external forces have large parts of the state under their domination.

Incidentally, since you seem to be unaware, he has very many times in the past pointed out that the original powers were limited, that further legislation was prohibited, and that Article 370 was inviolate. He had done precisely what you seem to be wishing he should have done.

Why controversial? It says all the things that need to be said, first, to Indians, second, more important, to Pakistanis.

For Pakistanis, it's controversial because he was referring to AJK. Anyway, India should raise the issue of whole Kashmir, including AJK and GB. Pakistani government is not doing very good in this regard.

For Pakistanis, it's controversial because he was referring to AJK. Anyway, India should raise the issue of whole Kashmir, including AJK and GB. Pakistani government is not doing very good in this regard.

Ah, that way. Silly me. You are right and I am wrong.

Your sarcastic dig in your second statement is actually more weighty than might appear. Yes, the whole issue should be discussed threadbare, but once there is an atmosphere of mutual trust: once the subvention stops, once the infiltration stops.

Before answering, please familiarise yourself with my views on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom